General Manager
And1: 2,233

Re: GT: Nets @ Sixers - 2/3 - 6:00 PM EST 

Post#21 » by JoseRizal » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:44 am

76ciology wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:Nets got the Sixers to quit, just wow :lol:

Cam cooked Maxey as well, love it.

Maxey is only an All-Star due to Embiid's gravity. He's a modest 2nd banana at best...

He is great on attacking holes of the defense, but he’s not the type where you can give him the ball the entire game and let him cook. I know he’s having a career year, but he’s more natural on his role last year with Embiid and Harden.

Yup. More of an elite 3rd option. Too bad Embiid is down.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,348

Post#22 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:50 am

76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

CamT is the man
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,804

Post#23 » by 76ciology » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:01 am

JoseRizal wrote:
76ciology wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:
Maxey is only an All-Star due to Embiid's gravity. He's a modest 2nd banana at best...

He is great on attacking holes of the defense, but he’s not the type where you can give him the ball the entire game and let him cook. I know he’s having a career year, but he’s more natural on his role last year with Embiid and Harden.

Yup. More of an elite 3rd option. Too bad Embiid is down.

Even Cam Thomas would average 7 assists per game if he runs PnR with Embiid
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,355

Post#24 » by Papi_swav » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:42 am

Maxey gave respect to CamT at the end of the game, pretty cool to see. CamT is very much comparable to Maxey, he's not that far from him at this point to be honest.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#25 » by Sharcm1 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:42 pm

It’s really sad that other teams and their media commentators respect Cam T more than his our coach. Coaches are game planning for Thomas, doubling him and putting their best defenders on him. Commentators are asking things like why doesn’t he play 30-40 mins a game and why doesn’t start etc. and JV is over there going well I’ll have to reevaluate him starting when we get DFS back. F u JV. The team is now 3-1 since he is back in the starting lineup. We aren’t tanking we don’t have our own picks. Go win the damn games and give the ball to Thomas
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,804

Post#26 » by 76ciology » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:55 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:It’s really sad that other teams and their media commentators respect Cam T more than his our coach. Coaches are game planning for Thomas, doubling him and putting their best defenders on him. Commentators are asking things like why doesn’t he play 30-40 mins a game and why doesn’t start etc. and JV is over there going well I’ll have to reevaluate him starting when we get DFS back. F u JV. The team is now 3-1 since he is back in the starting lineup. We aren’t tanking we don’t have our own picks. Go win the damn games and give the ball to Thomas

Nets record when

Cam Thomas starts = 18-15
Cam Thomas doesn’t start = 2-13
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,074

Post#27 » by Netaman » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:02 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:It’s really sad that other teams and their media commentators respect Cam T more than his our coach. Coaches are game planning for Thomas, doubling him and putting their best defenders on him. Commentators are asking things like why doesn’t he play 30-40 mins a game and why doesn’t start etc. and JV is over there going well I’ll have to reevaluate him starting when we get DFS back. F u JV. The team is now 3-1 since he is back in the starting lineup. We aren’t tanking we don’t have our own picks. Go win the damn games and give the ball to Thomas

Nets record when

I think 8 of those starts were games simmons played, and the nets are 5-3 in those games (the 3 losses were last second to CLE, DAL, MIL).

Cam should be starting either way, but his change in play has less to do with when he gets on the court and more to do with how the team around him is playing. With Simmons back clearly there is a big difference when they have a good initiator on the court.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#28 » by Eatgreenz » Sun Feb 4, 2024 5:06 pm

Netaman wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Nets record when

I think 8 of those starts were games simmons played, and the nets are 5-3 in those games (the 3 losses were last second to CLE, DAL, MIL).

Cam should be starting either way, but his change in play has less to do with when he gets on the court and more to do with how the team around him is playing. With Simmons back clearly there is a big difference when they have a good initiator on the court.

100% nets fans continue to underestimate Ben's impact on this team which we are night and day especially on CamT. His is the perfect pg to have if you want CamT to be a starter to work.
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#29 » by Sharcm1 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 5:14 pm

Netaman wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Nets record when

I think Cam starting impacts the other starters and gets them going. Too many times they didn’t start the game well and it set the tone for the rest of the game. there were games that were already over before cam even got into the game. He can’t be expected to come in and erase a double digit lead everytime. The other starters play better when he is in the game with them. He takes the pressure off Bridges.

I agree Simmons did have a big impact and is important to be there with cam. But we can’t have Simmons and Spencer start. That would be disastrous
Netaman
Analyst

Post#30 » by Netaman » Sun Feb 4, 2024 6:04 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:
Netaman wrote:
76ciology wrote:Nets record when

I think Cam starting impacts the other starters and gets them going. Too many times they didn’t start the game well and it set the tone for the rest of the game. there were games that were already over before cam even got into the game. He can’t be expected to come in and erase a double digit lead everytime. The other starters play better when he is in the game with them. He takes the pressure off Bridges.

I agree Simmons did have a big impact and is important to be there with cam. But we can’t have Simmons and Spencer start. That would be disastrous

Dinwiddie has mostly been a disaster starting or not, so no disagreement there. Moving on from him and finding another initiator to hedge simmons is something they need to do to get better. that is the force multiplier that will keep camt and bridges and claxton and camj looking like their best selves.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,028

Post#31 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Feb 4, 2024 8:51 pm

76ciology wrote:

Nets record when

Honestly incredible.

We could be hovering around .500 if not for Vaughn being an idiot. And half this forum somehow agreed with him.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,444

Post#32 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:41 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Nets record when

Honestly incredible.

We could be hovering around .500 if not for Vaughn being an idiot. And half this forum somehow agreed with him.

I’ve been a big Cam T detractor, still struggling to give him his full just due, and even I have been all over JV and baffled by his sitting.

It’s perplexing.

JV needs to get off his high horse, there’s a thin line between teaching/coaching out bad habits, and being clueless, egomaniacal, and sabotaging wins, on a team without their own draft picks, it’s maddening, he thinks he’s coaching at a mid-level D1 college.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,488

Post#33 » by Stone » Sun Feb 4, 2024 11:59 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Honestly incredible.

I’ve been a big Cam T detractor, still struggling to give him his full just due, and even I have been all over JV and baffled by his sitting.

It’s perplexing.

JV needs to get off his high horse, there’s a thin line between teaching/coaching out bad habits, and being clueless, egomaniacal, and sabotaging wins, on a team without their own draft picks, it’s maddening, he thinks he’s coaching at a mid-level D1 college.

On the post game someone had mentioned that Cam T has been doing some "off court" work with JV , watching a lot of film. Talking things out about his role and what more he could do and not do. Communication is a good thing. So maybe JV succeeded in getting Cam to put in extra work. I'll give him credit for that but yeah we got flat out - out coached several games. Maybe it is time for JV to go back to being an assistant coach, I doubt he would go for it, but who knows.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,444

Post#34 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Feb 5, 2024 12:42 am

Stone wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Honestly incredible.

It’s perplexing.

On the post game someone had mentioned that Cam T has been doing some "off court" work with JV , watching a lot of film. Talking things out about his role and what more he could do and not do. Communication is a good thing. So maybe JV succeeded in getting Cam to put in extra work. I'll give him credit for that but yeah we got flat out - out coached several games. Maybe it is time for JV to go back to being an assistant coach, I doubt he would go for it, but who knows.

If we had our draft pick it would be ok, but you can’t disregard wins as bad as he has.

There’s no excuse to be this far below .500 with all the games they were ahead by big double digits and completely collapsed against bad teams, and lost so many close games to truly terrible teams, a number at home no less, when watching the game it was so obvious that he personally cost them those wins.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#35 » by Netaman » Mon Feb 5, 2024 1:17 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Honestly incredible.

It’s perplexing.

I think we need to also remember that in between Cam had a pretty long stretch shooting really bad and no PG making anyone's life easier. And the bench lacked scoring when Walker was out. So when you have alternatives who compete on D like DFS/Royce, I can understand to some degree why he thought it would be better to let Cam lead the reserve unit and let the vets grind against starters.

From OCT-DEC Cam T started 20/24 games. Check out those TS% in Nov/Dec. Part of that rebound in January was from the bench.

Not saying that JV has been doing a great job or that CamT shouldnt be starting going forward, he should, just that there's more to it because if he goes a month without hitting shots (which everyone does) he becomes a tough player to start.

I dont think it's entirely his fault btw, it's a byproduct of the biggest flaw with this roster, lack of a reliable PG.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,028

Post#36 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Feb 5, 2024 4:17 pm

Stone wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Honestly incredible.

It’s perplexing.

Vaughn is acting like hes Bill Belichick teaching Cam how to win and sitting him for his bad habits.

All the guys hes benching him for SUCK. And were not winning when he sits either.

And WTF does he know about being a winning coach anyway? He wasn't even a good player. **** out of here.

I'd rather Nash at this point. LOL

Return to Brooklyn Nets