ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Plummets 1/3 8PM EST. 15-19 is oogly

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,355

Re: GT: Nets @ Plummets 1/3 8PM EST. 15-19 is oogly 

Post#81 » by Papi_swav » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:46 pm

Stone wrote:We gambled on KD, Kyrie and Harden and we lost. Now the bill is due and we have to pay. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to sign two of the leagues top free agent players. Before Kyrie decided to "Come home" and bring KD along, who was our biggest free agent signing?

It's midnight, your out with your friends and you know you got to be up the next day at 6:00am. Someone buys a round of shots or a line for everyone, it's a special occasion and you take it knowing you're going to be hurting the next morning. And that is where we are at right now, the hangover after the party. Barring a massive stroke of good luck, we got at least three more years paying the price.

Not every GM out there has the balls to risk it all like Marks did. And yes it was a spectacular failure, we can't deny that. But, I would rather try and fail, then play it safe and be a treadmill team any day.

Well put and I agree. We just have to stay the course now. We was fighting at the beginning of this season which is all I can ask for, hopefully we just get out of this slump and go back to that BK grit we had a month ago and before. I just don't want to hand over good picks to Rockets at this point. We have a swap next year so hope the Rockets don't get too good just yet
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 217

Post#82 » by ChuckS » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:54 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
delvec19 wrote:Is there a legit problem with Mikal or will he turn it around?

If the Nets ever get a legit PG, he'll turn it around.

Sadly, because of his expiring contract, at a good trade matching salary, I fear you might soon get a fondest wish. It's nice when that happens for someone. And I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy Jarrett Jack longer. I've experienced much the same since the Big O retired. It will be easier for me. I'll just miss Spence's character, personality, BB knowledge, versatile skills, and affect on the culture we so covet. But let's face it. He just doesn't fit with our other point guards. He has been available, plays, and gets more points, albeit less efficiently, and not enough for this team. Someone should have hit him on the back with a baseball bat, so he could be loved, on the bench, instead of what he has had to endure playing during this mess.

I'm just happy that it will be less annoying for you. I felt your frustration some games back when you had to wait three quarters, for a guy that gets only 1.6 per game, to celebrate another of his annoying turnovers. Conversely, you might get a few less chuckles. He was said to have worked out with Nic this summer and I've noticed an absence of the alley oop miscues. I probably should leave you with always having Washington, at least. But that Wizards game where you wrote: "The horrific Dinwiddie lob pass has returned these last couple of games. He seemed to have gotten a little better this year, but he's back to breaking windows." was actually ONE good pass that was easily caught, but thwarted by a great defensive move by (I think) Stewart who came from the other side of the rim and knocked it out of the hands and onto the backboard. We can still say Spence shouldn't have thrown it though.

But back to the point at hand. I hope that if we do get another point guard, he will turn it around so that Mikal gets back, at least, to the 26.1 points he averaged last year when he was shooting better. Don't you think Bridges was a primary reason Spence had that awesome assist average? And in spite of the uncharacteristically whimsical nature of this ramble, I assure you, I think you are one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board and, probably like you, I will take anyone better at any position at any time. I have no great allegiances.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#83 » by Eatgreenz » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:08 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:He's not trash but theres more to the game than PPG. Can brings nothing...zip. zero. Other than scoring. He is one of the worst NBA passers, he doesnt rebound, he doesnt do anything other than want the ball and go iso.

Factor that and the fact that he hasnt made 1 bucket in two games and thats his only skill and yeah, guys are gonna be down on him.

1000% plus his man and team defense is horrendous. The guy is a 22yr old lou Williams right now. But the nets community treats him like his baby kobe.

If he turns into Lou Williams he would be the best home grown player since Brook Lopez. So I would 100% take that!

But let me know when Lou Will was putting up multiple 40 point games at 22 though.

Does Jarret Allen count cause id take him and clax over Cam. Thats thing did we win those games with him getting 40? Even remember watching it was the Cam iso, nobody else involved. You can win like that. I can see Cam getting multiple 40pt games in a losing situation of course. But if your trying to win can he be player you give large amount of minutes to with how he is today dont see it, he would have to be a 6man microwave scorer. Its no coincidence he played his best ball with Ben.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Post#84 » by bubonicphoniks » Thu Jan 4, 2024 6:29 pm

Stone wrote:We gambled on KD, Kyrie and Harden and we lost. Now the bill is due and we have to pay. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to sign two of the leagues top free agent players. Before Kyrie decided to "Come home" and bring KD along, who was our biggest free agent signing?

It's midnight, your out with your friends and you know you got to be up the next day at 6:00am. Someone buys a round of shots or a line for everyone, it's a special occasion and you take it knowing you're going to be hurting the next morning. And that is where we are at right now, the hangover after the party. Barring a massive stroke of good luck, we got at least three more years paying the price.

Not every GM out there has the balls to risk it all like Marks did. And yes it was a spectacular failure, we can't deny that. But, I would rather try and fail, then play it safe and be a treadmill team any day.
I agree. Its just a shame he hired an inept coach.

I guess our biggest FA before that was resigning Dwill or Travis Outlaw lol.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,454

Post#85 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 4:33 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I really don't understand how basically everyone on this team has regressed.

Bridges, Dinwiddie, Claxton are all WAY worse than last year.

We were a decent team last year post 7/11.

If we had our picks I wouldn't even care. But this is basically the same thing post Celtics trade.

Can't wait to see the next Tatum/Brown in Houston.

Losing culture leaves an imprint. Losing big time star players is hard to recover from and asking regular guys to now play above their role is tough to adjust to. For 20+ years the Knicks have asked our players to play above their talent level.... role players being asked to perform like stars. It doesn't work.

Players prolly feeling the pressure... everyone tryna be the hero. or the one to step up

where tf everyone at? I don't see no familiar names
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,028

Post#86 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jan 5, 2024 5:19 am

Eatgreenz wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:1000% plus his man and team defense is horrendous. The guy is a 22yr old lou Williams right now. But the nets community treats him like his baby kobe.

If he turns into Lou Williams he would be the best home grown player since Brook Lopez. So I would 100% take that!

But let me know when Lou Will was putting up multiple 40 point games at 22 though.

Does Jarret Allen count cause id take him and clax over Cam. Thats thing did we win those games with him getting 40? Even remember watching it was the Cam iso, nobody else involved. You can win like that. I can see Cam getting multiple 40pt games in a losing situation of course. But if your trying to win can he be player you give large amount of minutes to with how he is today dont see it, he would have to be a 6man microwave scorer. Its no coincidence he played his best ball with Ben.

No Allen doesn't count because we traded him before he could develop into the player he became.

Those games were close and it certainly was not his fault that we lost them.

We have been horrible since benching Cam so I don't see the argument for it at all.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#87 » by Eatgreenz » Fri Jan 5, 2024 1:45 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

No Allen doesn't count because we traded him before he could develop into the player he became.

We have been horrible since benching Cam so I don't see the argument for it at all.

Starting Cam aint going to improve nothing. We had the worst lineup by analytics eye test backed it. If Cam is to start Ben has to be back for him to work.
MaxZaslofskyJr
Rookie
And1: 671
Location: Teaneck, Long Island, Piscataway, Meadowlands, Newark, Brooklyn

Post#88 » by MaxZaslofskyJr » Fri Jan 5, 2024 5:03 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
Starting Cam aint going to improve nothing. We had the worst lineup by analytics eye test backed it. If Cam is to start Ben has to be back for him to work.

Ah yes. Mr "Won't Shoot" and Mr "Won't Stop Shooting" ... but actually I agree; the two looked good when they played together.
Les Selvage pioneered today's "modern basketball" in 1967.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,028

Post#89 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:49 pm

Eatgreenz wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Eatgreenz wrote:Does Jarret Allen count cause id take him and clax over Cam. Thats thing did we win those games with him getting 40? Even remember watching it was the Cam iso, nobody else involved. You can win like that. I can see Cam getting multiple 40pt games in a losing situation of course. But if your trying to win can he be player you give large amount of minutes to with how he is today dont see it, he would have to be a 6man microwave scorer. Its no coincidence he played his best ball with Ben.

I really don't care. I'd rather develop Cam who has potential.

The team sucks anyway.

In fact, I'd look to trade some of these guys like Royce, DFS etc.
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 265

Post#90 » by Dangun » Sat Jan 6, 2024 12:00 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
kane0801 wrote:
bubonicphoniks wrote:Who cares about Cam? Why give a selfish player garbage time minutes to work out his iso game. He had his chances the last 2 games when it mattered.

Yup,CT is just a inefficiency volume shooter but peopke in this forum think he is next kobe,he already have many chance to prove himself this season but so far he prove nothing

LOL he had 2 bad games and suddenly hes trash. Ok.

Dam the hate is strong lol.. to say he haven’t done nothin is just a blatant lie smh
And when it mattered he’s been the reason they won too.. guy is being told to score and he’s elite at it so yea umm why not put him back in so he can get some shots up since game was done

I’m just lost why some people in here hate our own draft picked player and a late one that’s actually good and could become great..

Whether ya like it or not that dude gonna kill again if he could get the same opportunity he did beginning of season

Return to Brooklyn Nets