ImageImageImage

Don't speed it up: Wolves sign Slo-Mo Kyle Anderson (2yr/$18M)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,750

Don't speed it up: Wolves sign Slo-Mo Kyle Anderson (2yr/$18M) 

Post#21 » by minimus » Fri Jul 1, 2022 4:49 am

For those who are interested, Kyle is 6'8" and has 7'2" wingspan.

With this signgign we have the most sexy, swagger player in NBA in Kermit and anti swagger, antihype Ky Anderson
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Re: Don't speed it up: Wolves sign Slo-Mo Kyle Anderson (2yr/$18M) 

Post#22 » by packforfreedom » Fri Jul 1, 2022 4:58 am

awesome signing.
minimus
RealGM

Post#23 » by minimus » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:01 am

If Anderson can facilitate and be point of consistency, this signing might end up a steal.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,712

Post#24 » by winforlose » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:10 am

minimus wrote:If Anderson can facilitate and be point of consistency, this signing might end up a steal.

I am tempted to start him, what do you think?

Also Minimus, check out the trade thread for an interesting idea. I would love your feedback.
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,189

Post#25 » by Tukkerwolf » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:43 am

Really pleasantly surprised by this.
minimus
RealGM

Post#26 » by minimus » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:49 am

winforlose wrote:
minimus wrote:If Anderson can facilitate and be point of consistency, this signing might end up a steal.

I am tempted to start him, what do you think?

Also Minimus, check out the trade thread for an interesting idea. I would love your feedback.

I am not sure if DLo and Anderson can coexist, but Towns-Anderson-MCD-Ant-Beverley starting unit is interesting as hell. As I said I see our inability to execute in crunch time as our biggest problem right now. When DLo controlled the tempo in clutch we were beating good teams, when he was off, our whole offense gets stagnant. I might be delusional but Anderson is kind of different dimension here. He is a veteran, he is versatile in offense and he is good enough to be weakest defender in lineup (read opponents will try to get matchup against him)

So I really don't know, I need to study his game a bit. But if we can slowly (haha this will be infinite source of jokes) inject some read-and-react game in our "run-at-highest-speed-and-react" game it will be a very important step forward
minimus
RealGM

Post#27 » by minimus » Fri Jul 1, 2022 6:44 am

Can anyone remember when we used MLE last time?
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#28 » by King Malta » Fri Jul 1, 2022 6:47 am

minimus wrote:Can anyone remember when we used MLE last time?

Was it Taj, or am I misremembering?
minimus
RealGM

Post#29 » by minimus » Fri Jul 1, 2022 7:03 am

King Malta wrote:

No, his contract was bigger than MLE. Aldrich?
Magoose
Junior
And1: 141

Post#30 » by Magoose » Fri Jul 1, 2022 7:14 am

Love it, one of my favourite FA targets. Slomo plays the game the right way. A lot of BBIQ coming to the Wolves.
Now please go after Jalen Smith.
minimus
RealGM

Post#31 » by minimus » Fri Jul 1, 2022 7:35 am

minimus wrote:
King Malta wrote:

No, his contract was bigger than MLE. Aldrich?

I am asking because for MANY years we have not been able to use MLE. It has been such a weird thing to me, but MLE level FA agents and MIN were always two distant things. It makes Connelly signing look as a really good investment
Folklore
Senior
And1: 174

Post#32 » by Folklore » Fri Jul 1, 2022 9:08 am

packforfreedom wrote:awesome signing.

...But why?

Seriously. Memphis just drafted a player who's his replacement so Kyle can walk. We draft Moore to backup Jaden right? because we want more minutes for Nowel so he can't play sg.

After looking more into Kyle, he's just a taller Josh to me. And now we have someone else eating minutes at the 3 and 4. I'm not sure why there's so many people down on Naz but we signed him overweight and he slimmed down. the man wants to get better. Naz is not a 5 (Naz and Kyle same height, Naz is heavier, maybe) and we used him as one because we didn't have a real Center and we still don't. Naz and Kessler together will work great.
minimus
RealGM

Post#33 » by minimus » Fri Jul 1, 2022 9:34 am

Folklore wrote:

...But why?

Seriously. Memphis just drafted a player who's his replacement so Kyle can walk. We draft Moore to backup Jaden right? because we want more minutes for Nowel so he can't play sg.

After looking more into Kyle, he's just a taller Josh to me. And now we have someone else eating minutes at the 3 and 4. I'm not sure why there's so many people down on Naz but we signed him overweight and he slimmed down. the man wants to get better. Naz is not a 5 (Naz and Kyle same height, Naz is heavier, maybe) and we used him as one because we didn't have a real Center and we still don't. Naz and Kessler together will work great.

Comparing Josh Okogie to Kyle? If Josh had at least 10% of Anderson basketball IQ and skill, he would be in all-NBA defensive team
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 630

Post#34 » by TwolvesFanRome » Fri Jul 1, 2022 9:52 am

Folklore wrote:

...But why?

K.A. is a real basketball player who can also shoot and provide assist/rebs...not just defense (very good defender) like Okogie...we must be serious :roll:
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,090

Post#35 » by shangrila » Fri Jul 1, 2022 12:18 pm

Folklore wrote:

...But why?

Comparing him to Josh shows you don't know what you're talking about.
Shaka_Zulu
Sixth Man
And1: 2,150

Post#36 » by Shaka_Zulu » Fri Jul 1, 2022 12:50 pm

Fantastic signing. Exactly what we needed.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#37 » by TheZachAttack » Fri Jul 1, 2022 2:26 pm

For Wolves fans looking for a comparable in terms of impact, think Kirilenko. Switchable, versatile of defense. Lots of turnovers, rebounds well for his position. Connector on offense that can also, especially on a 2nd unit create his own shot when things break down.
Folklore
Senior

Post#38 » by Folklore » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:13 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:For Wolves fans looking for a comparable in terms of impact, think Kirilenko. Switchable, versatile of defense. Lots of turnovers, rebounds well for his position. Connector on offense that can also, especially on a 2nd unit create his own shot when things break down.

Kirilenko? If he was anything like AK he wouldn't be a bench player and would still be with his team. I can't wait to look back on this months from now.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#39 » by TheZachAttack » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:19 pm

Folklore wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:For Wolves fans looking for a comparable in terms of impact, think Kirilenko. Switchable, versatile of defense. Lots of turnovers, rebounds well for his position. Connector on offense that can also, especially on a 2nd unit create his own shot when things break down.

Kirilenko? If he was anything like AK he wouldn't be a bench player and would still be with his team. I can't wait to look back on this months from now.

Happy to. The comparison is based on style of unconventional positive impact. There’s a reason he’s a 20-30mpg key rotation player for good playoff caliber rotations. I certainly feel confident that my comparison stacks up better even in hindsight to your Josh Okogie comparison. I would go as far to say that Okogie and Anderson are almost polar opposites versus comparables.

Im not sure who you think AK was if you just don’t understand that the numbers and impact is similar with KA.

AK when playing with playoff rotations was a 27-30mpg player who averaged 11-12 ppg 4-5 rebounds 4ish assists and 2.5-3 stocks who takes 1-2 3’s per game in the low .30% range (AK was a 31% career 3 point shooter) and a low 50s efg%.

Pretty identical output. You do you though.
Folklore
Senior

Post#40 » by Folklore » Fri Jul 1, 2022 5:41 pm

shangrila wrote:
Folklore wrote:

...But why?

Comparing him to Josh shows you don't know what you're talking about.

If Josh was taller he'd have the same impact.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves