Updates on former Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,895

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#41 » by LibertyPrime » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:02 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Sounds like he'll be out 2-4 weeks with that finger, unfortunately.

That's not terrible. You hear dislocation and you don't know what to think. Hope he gets back sooner rather than later.

GimmeDat wrote:As for LaVine, sounds like the plan is a December return sometime. He certainly looks like he's bulked up, maybe that will help him get to the line more. I'm just hoping he comes back looking like his old self and we'll go from there.

For those interested in Markkanen, he's expected to play for the first time today.

Sweet. I wish I still got WGN in my cable package (although for all I know, the Bulls don't play on that channel anymore.)
"The last domino falls here!"
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,980

Post#42 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:27 pm

ace625214 wrote:My comments about Pek weren't in jest. There have been quite a few pictures and reports about him hanging out and doing business with well-known criminals. Add in him getting a property worth almost 70million Euros for 1/8 of market value and it doesn't seem like the trend will stop. I see him making a lot of money in his post-basketball career.

WOW!!
That's a shame. What is 70 million Euros in US Dollars? I will google it.
$82 million. WOW!!
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#43 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:29 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

That's not terrible. You hear dislocation and you don't know what to think. Hope he gets back sooner rather than later.

GimmeDat wrote:As for LaVine, sounds like the plan is a December return sometime. He certainly looks like he's bulked up, maybe that will help him get to the line more. I'm just hoping he comes back looking like his old self and we'll go from there.

For those interested in Markkanen, he's expected to play for the first time today.

Sweet. I wish I still got WGN in my cable package (although for all I know, the Bulls don't play on that channel anymore.)

Markkanen had a real flop in just a game or two SL. Then he was incredible in Eurobasket. Then he had a huge dud in his first preseason game. Looks like my original opinion on him was probably right.
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 789

Post#44 » by Movics » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:35 pm

ace625214 wrote:My comments about Pek weren't in jest. There have been quite a few pictures and reports about him hanging out and doing business with well-known criminals. Add in him getting a property worth almost 70million Euros for 1/8 of market value and it doesn't seem like the trend will stop. I see him making a lot of money in his post-basketball career.

I think if he is involved in the mafia on any level, he would not be used for anything but money laundering. He made over 70 million playing only in the NBA. That money goes far in the Balkans, a purchase like this wouldn't be surprising if it weren't for a much lower price than market value.
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#45 » by GimmeDat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:12 am

KGdaBom wrote:
LibertyPrime wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

Markkanen had a real flop in just a game or two SL. Then he was incredible in Eurobasket. Then he had a huge dud in his first preseason game. Looks like my original opinion on him was probably right.

Markkanen wasn't that bad in SL - he had a 1/13, which was terrible, but he had 20 and 10 and 14/8 in two other games. Eurobasket he was nuts.

First pre-season game didn't inspire much but I don't think he was healthy from his back spasms yet, moved really stiff, was matched up on Cousins for at least part of the time, and just threw up some tough shots. I'll wait to see more to draw any conclusions.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#46 » by KGdaBom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 am

Rubio last night. 20 points on 8-10 with two 3s and 2 FTs. ZERO ASSISTS. Is that the most unRubio stat line ever.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: RE: Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#47 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:18 am

KGdaBom wrote:Rubio last night. 20 points on 8-10 with two 3s and 2 FTs. ZERO ASSISTS. Is that the most unRubio stat line ever.

In 14 minutes.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#48 » by KGdaBom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:54 pm

mercgold3 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Rubio last night. 20 points on 8-10 with two 3s and 2 FTs. ZERO ASSISTS. Is that the most unRubio stat line ever.

In 14 minutes.

Yep. Insane.

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,225

Post#49 » by AirP. » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:58 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:
Calinks wrote:Dunn is hurt, he didn't look great in his first pre-season game. I really wish Zach was playing.

Me too. I hope he just blows the Bulls away away so they offer him the max.

It's a weird feeling, to be rooting for another team's player that strongly. :-?

The Bulls will still have to get to the minimum for the cap. Nobody good/great will be signing up to go to Chicago for 3-4 years, might as well show the young guys they're willing to invest in them(instead of overpaying some average vet to get to the minimum cap).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,301

Post#50 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 am

12 points on 12 shots at half for Ricky
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#51 » by KGdaBom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:48 am

Dunn and LaVine still not playing. Love got dinged up tonight, but probably OK.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#52 » by southern wolf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:46 am

Ricky had the odd game like that last season for the Wolves, be interesting to see if he can do it more consistently in Utah. They could use the extra scoring.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,090

Post#53 » by shangrila » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:17 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
LibertyPrime wrote:

Markkanen wasn't that bad in SL - he had a 1/13, which was terrible, but he had 20 and 10 and 14/8 in two other games. Eurobasket he was nuts.

First pre-season game didn't inspire much but I don't think he was healthy from his back spasms yet, moved really stiff, was matched up on Cousins for at least part of the time, and just threw up some tough shots. I'll wait to see more to draw any conclusions.

Markkanen should be good for you guys, especially under Hoiberg (theoretically, at least. I don't think he's ever run his ideal offence so far so it's hard to tell).

I mean, Markkanen was never a perfect prospect but with a C (Lopez) that can cover some of his issues (rebounding, defence) and an offensive system designed to take advantage of his strengths I definitely think you'll get the most out of him.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#54 » by GimmeDat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:07 pm

shangrila wrote:Markkanen should be good for you guys, especially under Hoiberg (theoretically, at least. I don't think he's ever run his ideal offence so far so it's hard to tell).

I mean, Markkanen was never a perfect prospect but with a C (Lopez) that can cover some of his issues (rebounding, defence) and an offensive system designed to take advantage of his strengths I definitely think you'll get the most out of him.

Lopez is a nice compliment, obviously not in the long term plans though. Our main concern right now is that we don't have a guy that will get him looks - all our PG's aren't great facilitators and he was basically looked off for the majority of the game yesterday. It was only when Ryan Arcidiacono was brought in (non-NBA level PG) that he got looks and he delivered.

I think Dunn's got nice vision and creativity as a passer, but the concern is that he's such a non-scoring threat at this stage that teams will just go to Markkanen every time off the PnR. Hopefully Dunn progresses and that's not an issue.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,090

Post#55 » by shangrila » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:05 am

GimmeDat wrote:
shangrila wrote:Markkanen should be good for you guys, especially under Hoiberg (theoretically, at least. I don't think he's ever run his ideal offence so far so it's hard to tell).

Lopez is a nice compliment, obviously not in the long term plans though. Our main concern right now is that we don't have a guy that will get him looks - all our PG's aren't great facilitators and he was basically looked off for the majority of the game yesterday. It was only when Ryan Arcidiacono was brought in (non-NBA level PG) that he got looks and he delivered.

I think Dunn's got nice vision and creativity as a passer, but the concern is that he's such a non-scoring threat at this stage that teams will just go to Markkanen every time off the PnR. Hopefully Dunn progresses and that's not an issue.

Yeah, that was a huge issue with Dunn last year as well. I'd be concerned if he's not at least showing signs of improvement this season in that area.

LaVine should help Markkanen in that regard though. He and Dieng had a nice two man game and there's enough similarities between those 2 bigs to think it'll translate.
Ikerd
Freshman
And1: 45

Post#56 » by Ikerd » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm

shangrila wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

Yeah, that was a huge issue with Dunn last year as well. I'd be concerned if he's not at least showing signs of improvement this season in that area.

LaVine should help Markkanen in that regard though. He and Dieng had a nice two man game and there's enough similarities between those 2 bigs to think it'll translate.

When the rumor mill was spitting out Markannen to the Twolves chatter, I had used the LaVine/Dieng pick & roll combo to talk myself into the draft pick. That little handoff game with those two could be lethal.
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 789

Post#57 » by Movics » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Boogie :(
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#58 » by KGdaBom » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Ikerd wrote:
shangrila wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

When the rumor mill was spitting out Markannen to the Twolves chatter, I had used the LaVine/Dieng pick & roll combo to talk myself into the draft pick. That little handoff game with those two could be lethal.

Markkanen looking very good again last night.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#59 » by GimmeDat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:08 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Ikerd wrote:
shangrila wrote:Yeah, that was a huge issue with Dunn last year as well. I'd be concerned if he's not at least showing signs of improvement this season in that area.

Markkanen looking very good again last night.

It's basically all 3's at this point but yeah, you can tell he's just a pure shooter, and at his height he can really get his shot off on the pop. Teams haven't really adjusted to getting out to him enough yet though.

I'm anxiously awaiting the 2 man game between he and LaVine, I think it'll help both of their games a lot.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#60 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Zach is an important part of my fantasy team in money league. Hope he is playing soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using RealGM mobile app

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves