ImageImageImage

WCS Game 7: It all comes down to this!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,045

Re: WCS Game 7: It all comes down to this! 

Post#361 » by KGdaBom » Mon May 20, 2024 3:20 am

Nick K wrote:How about that 20 foot wing and a prayer shot by Gobert that was nothing but net!!!!? That was a great omen and had to be deflating for Denver.

How about that KAT put back dunk late as well? Devastating!

Two huge plays that we might have lost without.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,126

Post#362 » by Nick K » Mon May 20, 2024 3:20 am

Statlanta wrote:Free Real Estate

Read on Twitter
?s=61

Draymond looks like a fool. It will be hard for him to get his foot out of his mouth.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,045

Post#363 » by KGdaBom » Mon May 20, 2024 3:24 am

Nick K wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=61

Draymond looks like a fool. It will be hard for him to get his foot out of his mouth.

Dray Shaqtin a Fool.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,641

Post#364 » by Klomp » Mon May 20, 2024 3:24 am

Nick K wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=61

I hope he tries to show his face in Minnesota so he can be truly clowned!
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 557

Post#365 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon May 20, 2024 3:25 am

Guest84 wrote:Another 2 headed monster coming to town. Think about this run…kd/Booker/Beal then Jokic/Murray and now Luka/Kyrie

I think the 3 headed monster round one with suns is better than the group they're about to face. I'm feeling wolves Celts finals. fingers crossed.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,587

Post#366 » by younggunsmn » Mon May 20, 2024 3:26 am

The thing that struck me about tonight was how we beat them by taking all the high BBIQ battles in the 2nd half.

They put us in the bonus early in the 2nd half twice. We didn't. That's quite a few point swing there.
We had 9 steals to only 7 turnovers.
We owned the offensive glass in the 2nd half while we were only giving them one shot.
All things that are absolutely critical to overcome a 20 point deficit.

Denver's shooting failed them a 2nd game in a row, and ours was not good tonight either.
Players on both sides clearly tired at the end of a long series battling the same team for 7 games.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,587

Post#367 » by younggunsmn » Mon May 20, 2024 3:31 am

Denver is a top 4 overall team and Phoenix a top 8 team iMHO, so these 2 series wins are pretty damn impressive.
I didn't know if this would be the year we finally leveled up, if was a super tough series but amazing to finally see us take the next step.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,464

Post#368 » by Baseline81 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:32 am

I think we can all agree this team needs to wear those beautiful original Wolves uniforms more often.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,419

Post#369 » by shrink » Mon May 20, 2024 3:33 am

younggunsmn wrote:Luxury for us to bring a fresh guy like him in to throw at a tired Joker.
Malone's lack of faith in his bench finally bit him tonight.

I thought the same thing. Jokic played 47 minutes and while he kept them in it, he looked gassed. The whole team didn’t have the energy to even try a comeback in the last minute.
FrenchMinnyFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#370 » by FrenchMinnyFan » Mon May 20, 2024 3:33 am

What a game. I’m speechless.

All players came huge in second half.And I think probably all the intensity we put in first half finally help a lot in second. Jokic and Murray look gassed in second.

We win with KAT and ANT shooting 3 on 16 at 3, ANT having a rough night at shooting. This shows how this team is deep. Even if your 3 were not going in ( 29%), we find a way!
ANT, NAZ, MIKE and Rudy came huge in second half, KAT and Jaden were huge all night. Probably the best second half I have seen for years. Those guys are dogs !
Now get some rest and let’s face Dallas. They have the same type of team, 2 superstars but not much else. If we can maintain this level of intensity, we should get this one! Go Wolves !
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Post#371 » by Dewey » Mon May 20, 2024 3:34 am

younggunsmn wrote:The thing that struck me about tonight was how we beat them by taking all the high BBIQ battles in the 2nd half.

They put us in the bonus early in the 2nd half twice. We didn't. That's quite a few point swing there.
We had 9 steals to only 7 turnovers.
We owned the offensive glass in the 2nd half while we were only giving them one shot.
All things that are absolutely critical to overcome a 20 point deficit.

Denver's shooting failed them a 2nd game in a row, and ours was not good tonight either.
Players on both sides clearly tired at the end of a long series battling the same team for 7 games.

Well said.

That KAT put back dunk late was a sigh of relief…
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#372 » by Rookie-Mistake » Mon May 20, 2024 3:42 am

That Mike Conley trade has been magic.

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,641

Post#373 » by Klomp » Mon May 20, 2024 3:49 am

Klomp wrote:I hate how people talk about this team's "youth" and "inexperience", saying we can't just go straight to the WCF/Finals.

It totally dismisses the growth and development of the last three seasons. We didn't just go from 35 wins to chasing the WCF in one year, but that's the way a lot of people talk about us. And it's funny, because that is what Indiana is about to do. So WHY NOT US?!

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Guidus88
Junior
And1: 150

Post#374 » by Guidus88 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:51 am

Klomp wrote:
Klomp wrote:I hate how people talk about this team's "youth" and "inexperience", saying we can't just go straight to the WCF/Finals.

It totally dismisses the growth and development of the last three seasons. We didn't just go from 35 wins to chasing the WCF in one year, but that's the way a lot of people talk about us. And it's funny, because that is what Indiana is about to do. So WHY NOT US?!

Read on Twitter

love their smiles <3
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 557

Post#375 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon May 20, 2024 3:53 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:That Mike Conley trade has been magic.

I think Rudy will play much better next series. Joker is a bad match up for Rudy while Lively is gonna have his hands full with Rudy. Part of me wanted to see Conley stay in Utah and retire then coach. Love the young man and hope he can get a championship. Much deserved and class act. I felt Conley would be key for the wolves to take the next step.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,126

Post#376 » by Nick K » Mon May 20, 2024 3:58 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:That Mike Conley trade has been magic.

Best trade in Wolves history. I said it at the time and I stand by it. We never would have won with DLO. And then we get NAW and picks!!!
TimberKat
Analyst
And1: 1,781

Post#377 » by TimberKat » Mon May 20, 2024 4:00 am

Read on Twitter
?s=61

Green is a nut job who thinks he is smarter than everyone else.
Sephiroth
Senior
And1: 100

Post#378 » by Sephiroth » Mon May 20, 2024 4:03 am

I just want to thank all of the Jazz fans, France fans, Lakers fans (? - LOL) for lending your energy this series.

Denver was like the final boss battle on the first stage when you’re still trying to level up. Jokic is the best player on the planet and he’s such a humble guy; I respect his game even more after this series - he’s already an all-time great. Jamal Murray can go suck one, though.
guest81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,716

Post#379 » by guest81 » Mon May 20, 2024 4:08 am

WOLVES BEAT JOKIC, BY MOST MEASUREMENTS THE BEST PLAYOFF PERFOMER EVER IN A GAME 7 ON THE ROAD. AND THEY WERE DOWN 20 IN THE SECOND HALF!
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 766

Post#380 » by karch34 » Mon May 20, 2024 4:19 am

Guidus88 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Read on Twitter

love their smiles <3

Got to give props to Towns. He did just enough early and played great D even with the fouls. He has huge flaws and immense talent. Stray footage and stupid fouls aside he’s a good dude who’s accepted every change without complaint. I’m happy most for him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves