Total votes: 35

Guest84
Rookie
And1: 513

Re: WCF Discussion 

Post#21 » by Guest84 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:12 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

I saw this but I still feel like ticket was waffling around it even though he mentioned it. Talking about he’ll “try” and his schedule, etc.

Early in the convo I believe he said, since he hasn’t been around since the beginning he didn’t feel right showing up late or something. Instead of just saying as long as Glen is there I’m not coming. Sounds like he does like Alex and Marc though. He’s all in on them

Also sounds like he talks to Kat and Ant and others regularly, giving advice, etc.
Guest84
Rookie
And1: 513

Post#22 » by Guest84 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:22 am

I also heard a stat that Kyrie is 14-0 in close out games. Interesting
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,105

Post#23 » by MN7725 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:41 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
winforlose wrote:
That is a dual edged sword. We also get more worn down. We will need to lean on the bench more, and our high intensity defense will take more of a toll.

Kyle Anderson will likely be really important this series. He's been very good defending Luka.

Sorry to be negative, but Kyle shouldn't see the floor much. Would rather see jmac a bit, or reluctantly give Morris one more shot. Kyle just ruins us on the offensive end.

We can rotate multiple guys on luka.

KA with Gobert is offensive nightmare, especially if NAW is the "PG"

if he's out there with KAT and/or Naz, Conley, its not that bad

for some reason Finch just didn't do that kind of lineup that much
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,464

Post#24 » by Baseline81 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:57 am

Sounds as if Garnett may make an appearance at the Target Center.

Loaf_of_bread
Junior
And1: 220

Post#25 » by Loaf_of_bread » Tue May 21, 2024 2:57 am

MN7725 wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
Kyle Anderson will likely be really important this series. He's been very good defending Luka.

Sorry to be negative, but Kyle shouldn't see the floor much. Would rather see jmac a bit, or reluctantly give Morris one more shot. Kyle just ruins us on the offensive end.

Probably for the reason that gobert should be out there 75% of the time. You are essentially stating we should make time for Kyle while gobert isn't out there..

I think you answered your own statement. It's a bit of a challenge for Finch to make lineups with that restriction.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,105

Post#26 » by MN7725 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:25 am

Loaf_of_bread wrote:
MN7725 wrote:
Loaf_of_bread wrote:

Probably for the reason that gobert should be out there 75% of the time. You are essentially stating we should make time for Kyle while gobert isn't out there..

I think you answered your own statement. It's a bit of a challenge for Finch to make lineups with that restriction.

right

if KA is out there more than like 16 minutes, something has probably gone wrong

but whatever minutes KA is out there should be without Rudy
UglyBugBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 809

Post#27 » by UglyBugBall » Tue May 21, 2024 6:02 am

KGdaBom wrote:10 votes so far and not one predicting a sweep or a 7 game series. 2 people posting on our board expect us to lose. After all we've done this season that is so depressing if those are our fans expecting us to lose. Hopefully just trolls coming over.

One can be a fan and still be objective. No need to call out people trying to vote with their brains and not with their hearts.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,437

Post#28 » by Colbinii » Tue May 21, 2024 6:20 am

I think Minnesota wins in 5-games here. We have ample size, something Dallas leaned on against a smaller OKC team, which is going to be dwarfed by our bigs. I like our defensive pieces on Luka/Kyrie.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 4,071

Post#29 » by wolves_89 » Tue May 21, 2024 7:31 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:One advantage the Wolves have, that not many are discussing, is how each game is only separated by one day. There's a real possibility the longer this series go, the more worn down Dallas becomes.

That is a dual edged sword. We also get more worn down. We will need to lean on the bench more, and our high intensity defense will take more of a toll.

I was thinking the same thing. I could see Anderson getting a ton of minutes in this series mainly because he has a great combination of length, strength, and experience for guarding Doncic. Luka isn't going to blow by him and will have trouble backing him down, plus trying to shoot over a guy who is 6.9" with a 7'3" wingspan isn't ideal. At worst, Kyle can be extremely physical (don't really care about fouling out) and help wear out Luka.
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#30 » by wolves_89 » Tue May 21, 2024 7:37 am

One thing I am hoping for is a big offensive series for KAT. He won't have to expend as much energy on defense since the guys he'll be guarding are massive step down from the Durant/Jokic matchups he's faced so far. I'm also not sure that the Mavs have anybody who can really slow KAT down on offense.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#31 » by Rookie-Mistake » Tue May 21, 2024 7:38 am

Why do I get the feeling Luka will whinge a lot this series?

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#32 » by Colbinii » Tue May 21, 2024 7:45 am

wolves_89 wrote:One thing I am hoping for is a big offensive series for KAT. He won't have to expend as much energy on defense since the guys he'll be guarding are massive step down from the Durant/Jokic matchups he's faced so far. I'm also not sure that the Mavs have anybody who can really slow KAT down on offense.

P.J. Washington fits the build of a player who has, historically, given Towns trouble.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#33 » by wolves_89 » Tue May 21, 2024 7:58 am

Colbinii wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:One thing I am hoping for is a big offensive series for KAT. He won't have to expend as much energy on defense since the guys he'll be guarding are massive step down from the Durant/Jokic matchups he's faced so far. I'm also not sure that the Mavs have anybody who can really slow KAT down on offense.

P.J. Washington fits the build of a player who has, historically, given Towns trouble.

I think P.J. is going to be a little too small, especially if KAT is playing under control like he did for most of the Nuggets series.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#34 » by Colbinii » Tue May 21, 2024 8:13 am

wolves_89 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I think P.J. is going to be a little too small, especially if KAT is playing under control like he did for most of the Nuggets series.

Maybe, but those are the players who Towns has struggled against in the past.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
wolves_89
Head Coach

Post#35 » by wolves_89 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:35 pm

Colbinii wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Maybe, but those are the players who Towns has struggled against in the past.

So far in the playoffs KAT has played with a level of control that would largely negate those issues. KAT's biggest problem has always been letting lesser (and often smaller) defenders get in his head leading to fouls and bad decisions. If KAT continues the same self discipline he showed against Aaron Gordon (who is a better defender than Washington), I'd bet on some big offensive games.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,045

Post#36 » by KGdaBom » Tue May 21, 2024 1:14 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:10 votes so far and not one predicting a sweep or a 7 game series. 2 people posting on our board expect us to lose. After all we've done this season that is so depressing if those are our fans expecting us to lose. Hopefully just trolls coming over.

One can be a fan and still be objective. No need to call out people trying to vote with their brains and not with their hearts.

We've been a far superior team all year. Being objective means picking the Wolves in 5 or 6. Only way somebody picks the Mavs is if they have a vibe.
UglyBugBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 809

Post#37 » by UglyBugBall » Tue May 21, 2024 1:30 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:

We've been a far superior team all year. Being objective means picking the Wolves in 5 or 6. Only way somebody picks the Mavs is if they have a vibe.

We've been better during the last 20 games of the season on both offense and defense. Before that is irrelevant since it was a different team.
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 375

Post#38 » by gandlogo » Tue May 21, 2024 2:00 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:

We've been better during the last 20 games of the season on both offense and defense. Before that is irrelevant since it was a different team.

Please do not bring a different perspective to our rainbows and unicorns thread - regardless of if it's based on logic and reason. :wink:
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#39 » by Colbinii » Tue May 21, 2024 4:23 pm

UglyBugBall wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:

But we were missing Karl-Anthony Towns over those last 20 games :wink:

Do you know how many playoff teams Dallas beat in the final 20 games?

2: They beat Miami twice and the Nuggets once.

That's it. Those are the only playoff teams Dallas beat over the final 20 games of the season.

The Timberwolves beat 5 playoff teams [Denver, Pacers, Clippers, Cavaliers and Lakers].

I expect it to be a close series, and Dallas could very well win the series, but like Minnesota's 1st two series, they are the better team. The better team doesn't always win, especially when the best player in the series could very well be Luka Doncic.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#40 » by Colbinii » Tue May 21, 2024 4:25 pm

gandlogo wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:We've been a far superior team all year. Being objective means picking the Wolves in 5 or 6. Only way somebody picks the Mavs is if they have a vibe.

Please do not bring a different perspective to our rainbows and unicorns thread - regardless of if it's based on logic and reason. :wink:

Except it isn't based in logic. It is based on listening to a talk show or podcast citing that statistic without actually analyzing themselves.

Did UglyBugBall even know Karl-Anthony Towns missed 18 of the final 20 games and was a shell of himself for the other 2 games? I highly doubt it, since the Talk Show or Podcast didn't mention that.

I also doubt his source didn't mention how easy Dallas' schedule is/was.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves