ImageImageImage

Keep or Let Go?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

wolves_fan_82au
Assistant Coach
And1: 32

Post#21 » by wolves_fan_82au » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:10 am

theres only a couple of teams under the cap so they wont be offered 6-7 mill like a few did this year
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Re: Keep or Let Go? 

Post#22 » by revprodeji » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:40 am

chrbal wrote:KEEP OR LET GO?

[b]Gomes and Smith[/b] are pretty similar, so I give Smith the edge...because he'll cost less and hes shooting better from the field. Only problem is fouls (just about double Gomes in fewer minutes), but thats not that much of an issue.

Not at all, Gomes is a 3 with a very nice mid-deep range jumper. Craig is a 4 with a legit scoring ability and physical play.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#23 » by horaceworthy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:54 am

shrink wrote:All right, I know we'd all like to wait for the whole season, but the NBA trade deadline is February 22, and I want to know who to shop now. The longer we wait, the more teams fall out of contention, not only costing us buyers, but sometimes becoming sellers to compete with themselves. So cast your vote -- Keep or Trade? We're about $11 mil under the lux, and have four roster spots.

KEEP OR TRADE? Craig Smith 3 years, $3 mil ave?
KEEP OR TRADE? Ryan Gomes 3 years $4 mil ave?
KEEP OR TRADE? Sebastian Telfair 1 year, $3.5 mil qualifying offer
KEEP OR TRADE? Chris Richard 2 years, $1.2 mil ave?

You're getting dangerously close to another McHale accusation if you keep on phrasing your posts in that manner.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,661

Post#24 » by Worm Guts » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:06 pm

DaKidKG wrote:It would be a big mistake to let Gomes, Smith, Telfair, or Richard walk. We're the laughing stock of the NBA right now, and the only way we're going to be able to sign any free agents is if we grossly overpay for them. The best way to build a contender through the draft and trades like Portland has. We've got a lot of young talent already on this team, and the prospects of teaming DeAndre Jordan up with Al Jefferson is salivating. Just imagine this lineup
DeAndre Jordan/Chris Richard
Al Jefferson/Craig Smith
Corey Brewer/Ryan Gomes
Rashad McCants/Marko Jaric
Randy Foye/Sebastian Telfair

Let those guys grow together and I bet they could play with anyone.

If we're a laughing stock, how does it make sense to resign all our current players?
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Re: Keep or Let Go? 

Post#25 » by chrbal » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:24 pm

revprodeji wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not at all, Gomes is a 3 with a very nice mid-deep range jumper. Craig is a 4 with a legit scoring ability and physical play.

Fair enough, i was only looking at stats.

I still think I would give Smith the edge.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves