Maltby Resigned

Moderator: Mr Swagtastic

ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Maltby Resigned 

Post#1 » by ajaX82 » Sat May 5, 2007 7:58 pm

The Detroit Red Wings have resigned winger Kirk Maltby to a 3 year extension.

This is great, i love this guy. He has won three cups with us. He is always hard working and does a little bit of everything. Im very happy we kept him; i just wish we would have done the same with McCarty a couple years ago.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,775

Post#2 » by Cowology » Sun May 6, 2007 2:05 am

Yeah, agree with all of that. But McCarty wanted a big payday and as much as I loved all the grittyness he brought I understand not wanting to pay him like a star. Glad to have Maltby back for 3 more years though. ;)
Aragorn
Senior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Aragorn » Mon May 7, 2007 4:06 am

Glad to get Kirk back. I am a little nervous about his age and declining production, but his playing style is definitely worth it.

It's good to keep some faces around from thost 97 and 98 Cup years!
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#4 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon May 7, 2007 3:29 pm

Aragorn wrote:Glad to get Kirk back. I am a little nervous about his age and declining production, but his playing style is definitely worth it.

It's good to keep some faces around from thost 97 and 98 Cup years!

He's a glue guy who does the defensive things you want from a player. I like the signing for the money, sure he's not a great offensive player but he brings vetern experience and grit. His offense is decling but he wasn't that great to begin with so any sort of offensive production is just icing on the cake.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#5 » by TNBT » Sat Jun 2, 2007 4:30 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's a glue guy who does the defensive things you want from a player. I like the signing for the money, sure he's not a great offensive player but he brings vetern experience and grit. His offense is decling but he wasn't that great to begin with so any sort of offensive production is just icing on the cake.

I agree. A lot of Wings fans were down on him this year, but I'm glad we've got him signed up again. He's not going to win an Art Ross any time soon, and he's not about to pull off any Datsyuk-esqe deaks, but you still can't put a price tag on the intangibles that he brings to the team and the locker-room.

Return to Detroit Red Wings