ImageImage

My offseason plan (Redd for Howard trade)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#61 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:39 pm

tontoz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bibby only has one year left so i wouldn't think that would be a problem. But if you are willing to take Claxton off our hands that definitely would work.

Bibby isn't the answer at pg anyway. I am fine with letting Law play there. Law's big weakness so far has been an inability to make perimeter shots but that won't be as much of a concern playing with Redd and JJ. Acie can get to the basket at will (although he has trouble finishing at times) and is a pretty good defender. He takes care of the ball well too.

I would think that the Hawks would be more inclined to deal smith since Horford has 3 years left on his rookie deal. I also think that the Bucks would be less inclined to take Smith because he will get paid this summer making future moves for your team more difficult.

I know that either Horford or Smith would have to be part of the deal which is why i didn't mention Childress or marvin although there may have to be other players in the deal to make it work.

I think a Redd/JJ combo would benefit both players since they wouldn't see as much defensive attention as they are used to seeing. We need another legit star besides JJ to be a contender and Bibby definitely isn't the answer.

What about Bibby/Horford for Redd/Villanueva/2008 1st round pick (top 3 protected). That seems fair to me.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,229

Post#62 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:52 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:-= What about Bibby/Horford for Redd/Villanueva/2008 1st round pick (top 3 protected). That seems fair to me.

I think I'd rather do the Redd for Howard deal and trade Mo for Haslem.

As much as I love Horford, I think you get a psuedo all-star SF in Howard and get a poor man's Horford with Haslem. And you still keep CV and our #7 pick to use for other needs.

Also, I'd prefer to go with Duhon/Sessions at PG or trade the #7/CV for Conley than take on Bibby. I think Bibby is done. Put a fork in him.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#63 » by europa » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:57 pm

I agree. I'm a huge Horford fan but the other options give the team much more flexibility. Trading for Bibby doesn't have much appeal for me either. I'd rather sign Duhon or go the draft route with Westbrook or Augustin.
Nothing will not break me.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#64 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:57 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think I'd rather do the Redd for Howard deal and trade Mo for Haslem.

As much as I love Horford, I think you get a psuedo all-star SF in Howard and get a poor man's Horford with Haslem. And you still keep CV and our #7 pick to use for other needs.

Also, I'd prefer to go with Duhon/Sessions at PG or trade the #7/CV for Conley than take on Bibby. I think Bibby is done. Put a fork in him.

I would just want Bibby for the expiring contract. I think Horford is going to be an All-Star. I don't care about keeping CV, I'd trade him for Carney. I like Howard, but not that much. This draft doesn't impress me. Really don't care for Duhon, Bell can do the same things.

But, I can understand where your coming from.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Post#65 » by tontoz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:06 pm

What about Bibby/Horford for Redd/Villanueva/2008 1st round pick (top 3 protected). That seems fair to me.

I would definitely consider it.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#66 » by jeremyd236 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Josh Howard is overrated, but it's the best we can get for Redd
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,585

Post#67 » by Garbs_7 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:50 am

Excellent, it seems everyone is in the same line of thinking as me. Good mix of young and old, athleticism, better D and dump Redd and Mo. I hate telling someone especially Hammond how to do his job but I would sleep easier if I knew he at least read this.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,156

Post#68 » by midranger » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:38 pm

If we can somehow bamboozle Dallas into trading Howard and Stackhouse for Redd, the next move we have to try to make is, Yi/#7/CV/2009 1st/Filler for Brand.

Whatever it takes.

Sessions/Mo
Stackhouse/Mo
Howard/Simmons
Brand/Ruffin
Bogut/Gadzuric

Assuming that Mason and Bell are the added filler.

Round out the roster with the MLE (perhaps Childress) and BAE (bench big).
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#69 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:54 pm

I truly think Yi and Simmons would net Brand. Given Elton's injuries and massive contract, they might go for it. And Yi means $$ for Sterling in tickets and he's on a cheap rookie deal.

Keep CV and #7 then.

A Bogut/Brand/Josh Howard front-line would be pretty impressive. I think we'd have 50 page threads in July on other teams boards proclaiming how will win 50 for sure.....ha ha.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,411

Post#70 » by trwi7 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:00 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I truly think Yi and Simmons would net Brand. Given Elton's injuries and massive contract, they might go for it. And Yi means $$ for Sterling in tickets and he's on a cheap rookie deal.

Keep CV and #7 then.

A Bogut/Brand/Josh Howard front-line would be pretty impressive. I think we'd have 50 page threads in July on other teams boards proclaiming how will win 50 for sure.....ha ha.

I'd go low to start but if they wanted CV, #7 or both (can't imagine why they would want both CV and Yi) but I wouldn't let that stop me from dealing for Brand. He's exactly the PF that we need.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#71 » by Newz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:06 am

europa wrote:I agree. I'm a huge Horford fan but the other options give the team much more flexibility. Trading for Bibby doesn't have much appeal for me either. I'd rather sign Duhon or go the draft route with Westbrook or Augustin.

I have no clue why we would want Mike Bibby... We have Mo Williams who is the younger version of him.

And why on earth would Atlanta want to get rid of the first legit PG they have had in a long, long time for another shooting guard when arguably their best player already plays that position?

It just really doesn't make sense.

I agree with Europa, I'd stick with the route of drafting a PG.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Sessions start with Mo off of the bench for a year while getting a new shooting guard next to Sessions and seeing how that works. I think Mo could really thrive in a 3rd guard role and we could potentially have an excellent backcourt rotation when you figure in Charlie Bell (If Skiles can get him to play).

Redd to Cleavland makes the most sense. Redd to the Clippers or the Magic MAYBE. But Atlanta makes no sense at all, especially when it comes to dealing Horford who is the future of their franchise and is clearly going to be a very, very good player.

EDIT:

I would also be in favor of the Redd for Howard + Whatever trade. I am a big fan of Josh Howard as a player.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,292

Post#72 » by jokeboy86 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:33 pm

So much for the Bucks EVER getting Josh Howard. Michael Redd's stats could take a significant drop next year, he could get hurt, and Kohl would still never trade him for a guy who admits that he and most NBA players smoke marijuana.

For all Michael Redd's faults on the court, he is still way too valuable to Kohl off it. Redd is about as clean cut as you can get and if the Bucks ever start winning you can bet that the NBA will put him towards the front after the these idiotic comments by Josh Howard. What an idiot.
BucksRuleAll22
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#73 » by BucksRuleAll22 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:43 pm

After Howards talk today I wouldn't want the dope. Every player on the Mavs is so overrated.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#74 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:43 pm

BucksRuleAll22 wrote:After Howards talk today I wouldn't want the dope. Every player on the Mavs is so overrated.
I assume you feel even more resentment for players who drink alcohol?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#75 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:56 pm

This is just like the steroids issue in baseball.

I'm not an idiot. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty but as a whole I'm not going to close my eyes and just assume that everyone is OK.

I remember a few years ago when everyone thought Bonds, Caminiti, and Canseco were the only guys on roids. Now look at what we've found out. Hornblowers or rumor mills were almost spot on about this. You have to be cautious when hearing a report of judging a particular person right away, but for the league as a whole I am going to believe the majority of these reports about a percentage or number of guys that do it in the league. Wake up people. This is the same situation...All kinds of NBA rumors have leaked that a ton of these guys smoke weed...so I'm going to assume that those are fairly true. I'm not going to pinpoint a particular guy but if you think that Howard is one of only a few guys that do it in the NBA then you are foolish.

Then again, it is that mentality that will probably run Howard out of town or block a trade for him from the general Milwaukee public.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#76 » by xTitan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:01 am

I was not a Howard guy to beging with, I do realize many NBA players smoke it and I don't care as long as it does not encompass there life....but to be stupid enough to admit it on the air.....no thank you, you sir, are an idiot.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#77 » by REDDzone » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:05 am

Am I ok with him smoking? Sure.

Do I think it was a little stupid to admit to doing illegal activity to the media? Yes

Would I still trade Redd for him? Honestly, yes.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#78 » by europa » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:29 am

jokeboy86 wrote:So much for the Bucks EVER getting Josh Howard. Michael Redd's stats could take a significant drop next year, he could get hurt, and Kohl would still never trade him for a guy who admits that he and most NBA players smoke marijuana.

I think the chances may have gone up. If the Mavs lose in the first round, this latest issue with Howard could open the door for Dallas to trade him. While Kohl may have serious issues with the marijuana thing (as well he should in my opinion given how - right or wrong - it's illegal), Hammond could convince him that from a team perspective this is the right move to make.

If I'm Hammond, I'm planting that seed in Kohl's ear as we speak. And then once the Mavs get bounced I'd be on the phone with Cuban to see if he'd take Redd for Howard and Stackhouse.
Nothing will not break me.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#79 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:15 am

Something tells me this is the end of this idea of Redd for Howard.

Kohl won't want this, but I'm guessing Hammond won't either. Even acknowledging that these guys do this, to admit it in a public radio interview indicates you are dumb. Going to Titan's point, that won't fly with Hammond.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#80 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:23 am

I've never smoked weed, but I'm well aware of the lack of valid reasons for it to be illegal. The peer reviewed medical journals all say that it's a lot safer than alcohol or cigarettes. And we're ok with players drinking but need to make an issue if they smoke weed? All things being equal, I'd prefer players don't break the law, and they're dumb to admit it. File this away alongside players who rip mp3s from a friend's cd, or who drive 10+ miles over the speed limit. We'd rather they don't do it, but it doesn't need to be the focus of a half time show.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks