ImageImage

My offseason plan (Redd for Howard trade)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Johnny Newman » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:45 pm

mcfromage wrote:Dumb question: When's the earliest players can be traded?
Soon as Dallas is knocked out of the playoffs.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,725

Post#42 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:46 pm

I would piss my pants in excitement if we could pull off the Howard deal.

Too much information? I don't care.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,725

Post#43 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:48 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Hey at least it's better than having a crackhead for a point guard :lol:

Or our new coach.

Hope I didn't just open up Pandora's Box...
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,229

Post#44 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:51 pm

If Redd and Mo could land Howard, Haslem and Stackhouse that would outstanding.

Howard and Haslem are Pistons type players. Bogut would be thrilled with that.

PG: Sessions/Duhon
SG: Stackhouse/Bell
C: Bogut/Gadz
SF:Howard/Bobby/Desmond
PF: Yi/CV/Haslem

You add pick #7 to that team and/or do a CV/Desmond or CV/Bobby trade and you've got some nice depth.

I'd also do the original posters deal of CV/#7 for Conley. Then use the MLE on Ricky Davis or Josh Childress for more SG depth.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#45 » by europa » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm excited that the Maverick fans would be willing to do this.....

A Redd for Stackhouse/Howard trade would be a homerun for this franchise.

Salaries: We shed the $51mm owed Redd and take back about $29mm guaranteed owed to two guys (and each guy has a team option I think for another year)

We solve the SF spot....we solve a ton of defensive issues.....Stackhouse can be a valuable bench guy or start at SG for us. Two playoff tested veterans. Redd gets a fresh start on a team where he doesn't need to be the man.

Sign me up for this one.

Sign Duhon with the MLE. Trade Mo for Haslem. Draft the BPA.

That team can compete next year.....big time.

Agreed. This team:

SF: Howard/Simmons/Dez
PF: Yi/Haslem
C: Bogut

has some real potential. Depending on what happens with the lotto pick and who the Bucks get for Villanueva and that's potentially two more strong pieces added to the mix. That would be a great start for Skiles and Hammond in my opinion.
Nothing will not break me.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#46 » by fam3381 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Sign Duhon with the MLE.

Full MLE? No offense PP, but are you on crack?
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#47 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:54 pm

fam3381 wrote:-= Full MLE? No offense PP, but are you on crack?

Just weed.....

No I didn't mean the full MLE. But I do think that Duhon will command a $10 to $14mm deal of 3 to 4-years. The market for guys like that (Bell, Kevin Ollie, Buckner, etc) seems to be about that.

If the MLE is $6mm, we'll have more to work with or if up against the luxury tax only sign some min players to fill out the roster.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#48 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:59 pm

Stackhouse/Howard for Redd doesn't go through on the trade machine. Is this because of Stackhouse's contract being up after this season so then it puts Dallas over the cap by taking Redd?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#49 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:59 pm

europa wrote: That would be a great start for Skiles and Hammond in my opinion.

The turnaround of this team the next two years really hinges on what Redd and Mo can bring back. Josh Howard and Haslem solve a ton of problems here and would be jackpot deals for us.

Both guys are reasonably paid, do the dirty work, are signed for a couple more years and are entering their primes. And both have playoff experience. They also add athleticism to our front line.

Make those two deals and suddenly we can take our time with the 7th pick and figuring out what to do with CV. We aren't pressured to deal with the Redd/Mo situation or solving the SF problem in the draft.

Hammond has to figure out how to pull this off.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#50 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:00 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:Stackhouse/Howard for Redd doesn't go through on the trade machine. Is this because of Stackhouse's contract being up after this season so then it puts Dallas over the cap by taking Redd?

As noted earlier, Stackhouse signed a 3-year/$21mm extension last summer but for some reason the last two-years are not reflected on many websites so it appears like he's a FA this summer. But he is not.

Is Howard still BYC? If so, we'd need to wait until July 1 for this deal. Correct? Otherwise the salaries match up well.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#51 » by fam3381 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:02 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Is Howard still BYC? If so, we'd need to wait until July 1 for this deal. Correct? Otherwise the salaries match up well.

I believe that's correct.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,989

Post#52 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:04 pm

I wish we could make some moves before the draft so we know better what we will need. BYC contracts screw that up.
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#53 » by TripleDouble » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:08 pm

I had proposed a Redd, CV, Gadz, and 1st rounder for Howard, Hassell, and Dampier earlier this year, and was laughed off as an over ambitious fan by both Bucks fans and Mavs fans. If they are currently willing to do a JoHo and Stack for Redd deal now, the mighty have definitely fallen!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#54 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:10 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I wish we could make some moves before the draft so we know better what we will need. BYC contracts screw that up.

I know...I'd like this deal done now. Gotta move fast on RealGM.....Two years ago immediately after Detroit got smoked in the playoffs, Europa and I had a deal with Pistons fans to get Rasheed for Magloire and something else. They were so frustrated with their team and Sheed at that point they all wanted him out. Dallas will be the same way right now.

And Mo's got BYC until July 1st as well so we have to wait on trying to move him.

I guess the positive is that we've only got four weeks to go until the lotto drawing. Once that takes place, it is a fast ride on this board to July 1st.

Will be dull here though for the next few weeks.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#55 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:12 pm

tontoz, I would accept lots of Hawks deals for Redd. In order of preference: Horford, Smith, Williams, Childress. Childress alone wouldn't be enough, but the other three would. Childress + we get a draft pick, or we get to dump Gadz on you would be enough for me.

Horford would be a pipe dream, but for whatever reason you didn't say it was a problem. How can it get done without Bibby's contract? If you send Bibby, you lack a pg, and we'd have to send Sessions back I suppose.

Redd+#37 pick for Horford+Claxton+Law?

Redd+Sessions+Villanueva for Horford+Bibby?
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#56 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:13 pm

fam3381 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I believe that's correct.

How is he BYC if he signed his extension in October of 2006? Doesn't it expire in six months or July 1st, which ever is later?

EDIT: Ok, it must start when the new contract takes effect, which would have been this year.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#57 » by showtimesam » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:18 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:If Redd and Mo could land Howard, Haslem and Stackhouse that would outstanding.

You add pick #7 to that team and/or do a CV/Desmond or CV/Bobby trade and you've got some nice depth.

I'd also do the original posters deal of CV/#7 for Conley. Then use the MLE on Ricky Davis or Josh Childress for more SG depth.

Wow, that lineup would get me VERY excited about bucks basketball. Great role players, upgraded athleticism on the wing, and most importantly DEFENSE.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#58 » by bigkurty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:26 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:If Redd and Mo could land Howard, Haslem and Stackhouse that would outstanding.

Hammond seriously needs an email address for the fans because he has to be informed of this possibility if he hasn't thought of it already. Woelful and the 1250 guys better mention this possibility to him.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#59 » by showtimesam » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:31 pm

I also think Sessions could do alot of damage passing out assists to howard, yi, and bogut.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,929

Post#60 » by tontoz » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:35 pm

adamcz wrote:tontoz, I would accept lots of Hawks deals for Redd. In order of preference: Horford, Smith, Williams, Childress. Childress alone wouldn't be enough, but the other three would. Childress + we get a draft pick, or we get to dump Gadz on you would be enough for me.

Horford would be a pipe dream, but for whatever reason you didn't say it was a problem. How can it get done without Bibby's contract? If you send Bibby, you lack a pg, and we'd have to send Sessions back I suppose.

Redd+#37 pick for Horford+Claxton+Law?

Redd+Sessions+Villanueva for Horford+Bibby?

Bibby only has one year left so i wouldn't think that would be a problem. But if you are willing to take Claxton off our hands that definitely would work.

Bibby isn't the answer at pg anyway. I am fine with letting Law play there. Law's big weakness so far has been an inability to make perimeter shots but that won't be as much of a concern playing with Redd and JJ. Acie can get to the basket at will (although he has trouble finishing at times) and is a pretty good defender. He takes care of the ball well too.

I would think that the Hawks would be more inclined to deal smith since Horford has 3 years left on his rookie deal. I also think that the Bucks would be less inclined to take Smith because he will get paid this summer making future moves for your team more difficult.

I know that either Horford or Smith would have to be part of the deal which is why i didn't mention Childress or marvin although there may have to be other players in the deal to make it work.

I think a Redd/JJ combo would benefit both players since they wouldn't see as much defensive attention as they are used to seeing. We need another legit star besides JJ to be a contender and Bibby definitely isn't the answer.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks