ImageImage

My offseason plan (Redd for Howard trade)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#301 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri May 2, 2008 4:32 pm

Simulack wrote:Isn't Redd in fact the bigger drug user because of his religious beliefs? After all, religion is the opiate of the masses. 8)
:lol:
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#302 » by jerrod » Fri May 2, 2008 4:43 pm

Simulack wrote:Isn't Redd in fact the bigger drug user because of his religious beliefs? After all, religion is the opiate of the masses. 8)

:o :D

anyways, i'm surprised there's outrage at calling alcohol a drug

it is a drug, tylenol's a drug, caffeine's a drug, cocaine's a drug, prozac's a drug.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#303 » by REDDzone » Fri May 2, 2008 4:54 pm

I don't really get the negative stigma of the word "drug". Pretty much anything can be a drug than alters the body, it all comes down to the intent of the user.

If I eat an orange for the effect of increasing vitamin-C in my body with the intent of boosting my immune system, that is taking a drug.

Now I have never smoked pot, and never really researched its effects, but the only thing that makes me wonder if pot isn't worse for a professional basketball player than alcohol is the fact that it is a substance that is most likely inhaled and can affect said person's lungs negatively.

I have wayyy too much to do to research this at the moment, but that would be the only argument that I could understand of why pot smoking would be so horrible to an NBA player (besides the fact that he is stupid enough to admit it the the media).
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#304 » by Johnny Newman » Mon May 12, 2008 5:32 pm

I figured to bump this post up with a nail biting question. Lets say you got Hammond on the phone with Mark Cuban or there GM. We got the Redd for Howard,Stackhouse deal on the table. Cuban counters it for Redd,Simmons for Howard,Stackouse,Terry? Would you consider parting with Simmons shorter deal for Terry long yucky deal? I would consider it still. Cause could start Mo or Terry at SG. Or bench one or deal Mo to Miami yet for Haslem.

Terry,Mo,Howard,Yi,Bogut
Sessions,Terry,Howard,Haslem,Bogut
Sessions,Stackhouse,Howard,Haslem,Bogut 6th man Terry
Plus still have CV,Yi,DEZ,Bell off the bench too for alot of depth.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,612

Post#305 » by raferfenix » Mon May 12, 2008 5:39 pm

Johnny Newman wrote:I figured to bump this post up with a nail biting question. Lets say you got Hammond on the phone with Mark Cuban or there GM. We got the Redd for Howard,Stackhouse deal on the table. Cuban counters it for Redd,Simmons for Howard,Stackouse,Terry? Would you consider parting with Simmons shorter deal for Terry long yucky deal? I would consider it still. Cause could start Mo or Terry at SG. Or bench one or deal Mo to Miami yet for Haslem.

Terry,Mo,Howard,Yi,Bogut
Sessions,Terry,Howard,Haslem,Bogut
Sessions,Stackhouse,Howard,Haslem,Bogut 6th man Terry
Plus still have CV,Yi,DEZ,Bell off the bench too for alot of depth.

I would hate to have Terry and his massive contract on our team, but I can see the bucks having to trade more to get this deal done. The mavs would be desperate for a SF after this trade, and unless they think they can a starter good enough to start on a championship level team with the MLE they might pass on this deal.

Sadly, I think many are severely overauling Redd to think that we can get Howard/Stackhouse for a one dimensional egregioulsy overpaid scorer like him.

I think at the extreme least we'd have to include a future first, but I can see us being enticed to doing a 3 way deal where we give up Mo or CV or maybe even our pick (with us getting osmething back in return too) in order to get Howard. He'd be a great fit here and I have a hard time seeing us ever getting more in a Redd trade----so why do so few think the mavs couldn't get us to offer more?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#306 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon May 12, 2008 5:48 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:o :D

anyways, i'm surprised there's outrage at calling alcohol a drug

it is a drug, tylenol's a drug, caffeine's a drug, cocaine's a drug, prozac's a drug.

Cocaine's a hell of a drug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ux-qavuwQ

Return to Milwaukee Bucks