ImageImage

Woelfel: Skiles needs to learn to play nice

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#101 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 am

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:
europa wrote:While I agree Skiles needs to learn from his mistakes, this team badly needs a serious kick in the ass. The last thing I want to see is Skiles coddle a bunch of players who give terrible effort, won't defend and blatantly ignore the concept of team basketball. Kick some ass and then see who the tough ones are who can take it. Those are the ones you can be nice to. The rest can get the hell out of Dodge.

You and Gery Woeful need to go hold hands and have lunch! THERE WERE NO MISTAKES BY SCOTT SKILES man!!!!

What mistakes!? When!? There were many who actually picked the Bulls' to win the East this year!

The mistakes was John Paxson in hindsight. Him not pulling the trigger on many deals for Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, or Pau Gasol as rumored for Deng and Gordon who might not be there next year anyways!

No team will win when players on it have an 'agenda' and are mired in all the trade rumors.

Giving away guys or picks that could have brought you guys like Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge in consecutive years does it.

Skiles was fired or let go too early, and we should have hired him then and asked Krystkowiak to say on as an assistant when he got canned in the first place!

People bring up what Jamal Crawford says, or what Eddy Curry says or what Skiles former players say...FLUSH THEM! WHO CARES! What have they won?

You dont put credence to anyone who does not want to play for Skiles. It tells me more about the fragility of the players then it does about Skiles when someone has a problem with certain coaches you know can coach.

If you can't play for certian coaches who you know they know what they are doing, guys like Jerry Sloan, Don Nelson, Phil Jackson, perhaps a Mike D'Antoni, Avery Johnson, Byron Scott, Gregg Popovich, or a Scott Skiles and Pat Riley to name just a few, then I look more at what is wrong with that particular player, then I do with what is wrong with that coach and his system!

There are few players who I would respect and listen to in this league if they had an issue wth a coach as to whether I would put any credence in what they said about a coach.

If cats like a Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Ray Allen, Dwyane Wade, Steve Nash, Chris Paul....have a problem with a coach then I stand up and say, hey, this guy has gone too far or there might be something to this.

But other stars like even Shaq, Iverson, Melo, Kobe, all these strong egos and me centered players I will think twice and weigh it more and have a reasonable doubt about them knocking any coach and look to them as part of the problem as well.

Guys who played for Skiles who you all are talking about...LMAO! You got to be kidding me. Guys like Crawford, Redd, Curry, Chandler, Gordon, or Deng I dont give a flip what they say about Scott Skiles!

The first thing I ask is did you bring your ass to camp in shape, did you listen to what he said or were you smoking too much weed to focus in practice and out on the streets chasing hoochie mama's all night!?

So don't bring me this bullcrap about Skiles from the mouth of scrubs! I would have cause to think twice about anything Kobe even says about a coach! And he is arguably the best player in the NBA!!!

First, wow, we've finally discovered a Knicks player MBBOT doesnt love.

Second, when did Skiles coach Redd before?
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#102 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:19 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Couldn't have said it better myself. I could give a flying F___ what these babies want or if they feel they are being disrespected. There is a simple solution to that, play basketball the right way, stop playing selfish, stop giving no effort on D, and put wins above your numbers.

Skiles is exactly what this team needed and I sure as hell hope he doesn't "play nice".
Masterful. :bowdown: The Gospel of LUKE...revised NBA edition. :wink:

I concur with all the above. Preach it!

Amen. :pray:
smalls
Junior
And1: 0

Post#103 » by smalls » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:14 am

Epicurus wrote:I see to you "smart" is judged by its consequences which may or may not be related to the defensive system. You do understand how this is a loaded definition. BTW, save the affectation, it's quite corny. And no a gnat doesn't hurt my skin or feelings.

And i see to U "smart" is throwing words like affectation and echolalia around in a basketball forum. It just screams douche bag, the simple old basketball fan that i am just gets so confused, i have to turn off my computer and cry myself to sleep.
Look ur arguing semantics(which is quite corny) here by nitpicking a phrase/word in my post, one should be fairly able to deduce the meaning of my post without having a concise phrase attached to it. If "smart" doesnt suit ya maybe "effective" works better, I'm not sure though, i haven't bought my copy of EPI's Magic Words of Wisdom, yet. The purpose of my post was not to appease ur literary godliness, :bowdown: it was to state that i think Bobby can be apart of a better Bucks basketball team under coach Skiles.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,248

Post#104 » by Sigra » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:26 pm

rilamann wrote:Simmons kinda reminds me of Bogut in that he is the type of player that would be more effective and contribute more on a good team than on a bad team.

+1
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#105 » by jerrod » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Sigra wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

+1

:rofl:

i bet if bobby knew that a report of a one hour phone call with scott skiles would turn the hate into pure love on the bucks board, he'd have called years ago
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,248

Post#106 » by Sigra » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:10 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl:

i bet if bobby knew that a report of a one hour phone call with scott skiles would turn the hate into pure love on the bucks board, he'd have called years ago

You know that I am the poster who made "Bobby is perfect" posts at least 20 times at this board? You know that right? You know that I always considered him and Bell as my 2nd and 3rd favorite Bucks (right after Bogut)? I am one of his biggest fans on this board and I always was. Phone call or not.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#107 » by Bucks_Revenge » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:16 pm

where is this report that Bobby talked to Skiles for a hour.
What was said?
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#108 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:37 pm

You know that I am the poster who made "Bobby is perfect" posts at least 20 times at this board? You know that right? You know that I always considered him and Bell as my 2nd and 3rd favorite Bucks (right after Bogut)? I am one of his biggest fans on this board and I always was. Phone call or not.

Tell me about it. I've championed both of these guys all season. Wanted Bell to start and Simmons not to be traded. Even when they were being called: trash, scrubs, poopy, garbage, traitor, lazy, selfish, Milwaukee hater, hot garbage, poop, and on and on...

It's real quite amazing how most people have no loyalty to their opinions. Any way the wind blows, I guess...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#109 » by jerrod » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:50 pm

i didn't actually mean you, but i quoted you because i didn't want to search back and find rilamann's post that you quoted. i should have

anyways, the level of hate that bobby got on here was so extreme that to suddenly see him singled out with bogut (which is as high of a pedestal as a lot of people on here get) like that is just funny to me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks