ImageImage

Some Things you Should Know About Scott Skiles....

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#41 » by bullzman23 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:39 am

wichmae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I trust my sources :D

good luck on the season...

You'll have to enlighten me as I'm not familiar with you as a poster...
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#42 » by wichmae » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:43 am

Epicurus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Try to keep up. It was said and I responded to it.

umm, well if it was posted by someone it isnt accurate.

That and I assumed you were responding to something I posted earlier.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#43 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:46 am

wichmae wrote:dont think this ever was said.

I said it, in response to your comment in another thread where you scolded someone for assuming that Carlisle was Hammond's 1st choice. And after I posted it, you responded to it with 'JH is making really good personnel decisions all around'. So which is it?
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#44 » by El Duderino » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:47 am

Not all situations that a coach enters into are alike

Maybe the in your face nature of Skiles wouldn't work well if say he got hired to coach an already successful veteran team, but it would be a good fit for a team like the Bucks that seems to be suffering from an inmates running the asylum situation.

From what we read about the Bucks team this year, it sure looks as if the team is like a spoiled rotten teenager badly in need of some discipline. It's very possible that in a few years the Bucks players at the time eventually tire of his act, but for now at least, it seems the Bucks need more of a hard ass in charge to see if the culture of mushy softness can be changed.

Granted though, that obviously will need roster changes also.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#45 » by wichmae » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:49 am

bango_the_buck wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I said it, in response to your comment in another thread where you scolded someone for assuming that Carlisle was Hammond's 1st choice. And after I posted it, you responded to it with 'JH is making really good personnel decisions all around'. So which is it?

gotcha.

no harm no foul...

ambiguity is key until Tuesday (possibly Wednesday) :D
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#46 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:50 am

wichmae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

gotcha.

no harm no foul...

:o
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer

Post#47 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:51 am

wichmae wrote:gotcha.

no harm no foul...

Understood...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer

Post#48 » by bango_the_buck » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:53 am

trwi7 wrote:All I know is that if/when Skiles is named our head coach I want that fantastic thread on the Bulls board sent over here immediately.

Agreed. :nod:
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#49 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:53 am

All I know is that if/when Skiles is named our head coach I want that fantastic thread on the Bulls board sent over here immediately.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#50 » by bullzman23 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:56 am

El Duderino wrote:Not all situations that a coach enters into are alike

Maybe the in your face nature of Skiles wouldn't work well if say he got hired to coach an already successful veteran team, but it would be a good fit for a team like the Bucks that seems to be suffering from an inmates running the asylum situation.

From what we read about the Bucks team this year, it sure looks as if the team is like a spoiled rotten teenager badly in need of some discipline. It's very possible that in a few years the Bucks players at the time eventually tire of his act, but for now at least, it seems the Bucks need more of a hard ass in charge to see if the culture of mushy softness can be changed.

Granted though, that obviously will need roster changes also.

I could see that. This is sort of how the Bulls were when Skiles took over. Again, I do think that he will make you better.

I don't want to change the nature of this thread, but what exactly is wrong with Mo Williams? I don't know much about him as a player, but on the surface his stats seem very good. Good scorer, great FG%, solid assists and rebounds. He seems like the most hated person by Bucks fans. What's wrong with his personality?

www.theslickscript.com
wichmae
RealGM

Post#51 » by wichmae » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:57 am

barring a 23:59 catastrophic earth fall, we should know the coach by Wednesday...
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#52 » by BlueJeep » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:10 am

Does anyone think that?:

bullzman23 is to Skiles

what

Epicurus is to Stotts

it just seems that way to me

bullzman23 ur posting on the bucks board just seems like u might know something or someone that maybe some of us dont know, especially cuz most of the stuff you have posted has been Skiles related. Do you know something or someone youd like to share about?
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#53 » by El Duderino » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:11 am

bullzman23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't want to change the nature of this thread, but what exactly is wrong with Mo Williams? I don't know much about him as a player, but on the surface his stats seem very good. Good scorer, great FG%, solid assists and rebounds. He seems like the most hated person by Bucks fans. What's wrong with his personality?

Mo and Redd symbolize the Bucks to a tee

Both are mushy soft, don't care about defense, offer zero leadership, by near every account aren't liked by most of their teammates, have big contracts, and besides putting up pretty numbers sometimes, they contribute little else to winning games.

Granted the talent around them has been terrible and they haven't exactly been coached by Phil Jackson, but both need to be in a 2nd/3rd/4th fiddle role with a strong leader in place. With the Bucks they wanted to be the alpha dog even though neither is close to being good enough for that. The results haven't been pretty.

I could see both having success if put in situations that better fit what they bring as players, but with the Bucks current situation, they are pretty toxic.

Everyone here for the most parts wants them to go and my guess is they'd both welcome a trade.
bullzman23
RealGM

Post#54 » by bullzman23 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:34 am

BlueJeep wrote:Does anyone think that?:

bullzman23 is to Skiles

what

Epicurus is to Stotts

it just seems that way to me

bullzman23 ur posting on the bucks board just seems like u might know something or someone that maybe some of us dont know, especially cuz most of the stuff you have posted has been Skiles related. Do you know something or someone youd like to share about?

Hi Blueejeep,

I don't know Epicurus so I'm not sure if I quite follow the comparison, but if you're asking if I have inside information then the answer is, no. I was a huge Skiles supporter in Chicago and thought he was amazing during his first full-season. The quotes are borrowed from a post I wrote a few seasons ago. I linked the thread, and if you click on it you'll notice that basically every Bull fan that replied had soured on Skiles as well. I eventually wanted him fired because he didn't seem to significantly improve any of our young players (Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, Thomas, Sefolosha), consistently misused big-men, and failed to communicate with most of our players.

If I had to make a prediction, I would guess that next season would be a transition year and then the following season would have success. Skiles will make you better, but I'd predict that it'd come at the expense of Jianlian and CV's development.

www.theslickscript.com
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#55 » by BlueJeep » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:59 am

From my understanding, Epi, is a big Stotts fan and was maybe even friends with him.
I was just thinking with your transition over to our board that there was a chance that you follow him more then a regular bulls fan might, so i was just wondering.
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#56 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:49 am

bullzman wrote:

1.) The Bulls-Lakers-Kings agreed to a Kobe trade. Kobe vetoed it and wouldn't accept any trade that involved Deng or Wallace. Kobe (allegedly) made it clear that he didn't want to play with Hinrich so a trade was agreed upon where the Lakers would get Artest, Wallace, and picks while the Kings would get Hinrich. Kobe vetoed that too.
----------------

I have always disagreed with this comment but bullzman accepts it as truth & keeps repeating it.

Lenin once said that if you repeat an untruth often enough, people will accept it as truth.

I dont want this untruth to avoid being challenged.

In all interviews about Kobe, Paxson said he called the Lakers GM & was told that Kobe was not available. No specific trade was ever discussed.

Paxson is to be blamed for not stopping the media speculation & "inside info" that was running rampant. Paxson should have done what Joe Dumars did when Kobe was rumored to be traded to Detroit: immediately call a press conference & deny it. Paxson didnt & his team suffered great damage.

When Paxson did reveal that there was never a trade discussed, Mitch Kupcake even verified that.

I object to bullzman constantly repeating that Kobe "rejected a trade". All indications are that a trade was never discussed in detail - and thus Kobe had no trade to approve.

Even Sam Smith - who loves trades so much that he makes them up - admitted that the Lakers were not going to trade Kobe

bullzman's comments on KG & Gasol are generally accurate - but the Kobe part is just not true. There was no trade for Kobe to "approve" because LA never had any intention of trading him
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
yuedar
Rookie
And1: 58

Post#57 » by yuedar » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:15 pm

emunney wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Well, at least you're informed. Think you can wrassle up a name, you NBA coaching encyclopedia you?

Carlisle you sarcastic prick.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,869

Post#58 » by emunney » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks, genius.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#59 » by trwi7 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:21 pm

I always listen to KIAM.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#60 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Twirly man, id edit that if i were you. Just to be on the safe side.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks