ImageImage

Some Things you Should Know About Scott Skiles....

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#101 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:21 am

Sham wrote:Yeah, but imagine how happy Royal Ivey is now.

Thank God Ivey isn't under contract and hopefully we don't bring him back. He's awful.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#102 » by Three34 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:22 am

Also. regarding this hatinggSkiles thing:

What often gets left out of such discussion are the results that he got. Certain players might not have liked Scott, but in almost all cases, they got better under him. Eddy Curry played the best season of his life when he was with us - he almost (almost!) stopped being a net negative. Tyson Chandler was a 6th man and DPOY candidate in 2005, who largely has himself to blame for his own decline. (This isn't to absolve Scott from the blame, but it wasn't he who made Tyson do absolutely no working out for an entire offseason, to the point that the team had to fake that he had asthma to cover up his horrific conditioning. But nothing they could do could disguise the fact that he had completely forgotten how to shoot a free throw.) And Michael Sweetney, who by his own admission had not taken a charge in his NBA, college and high school careers combined, took two during his charge here and improved his help defense dramatically. Which is no small feat for a man that couldn't run.

Scott gets results. He just only gets them in the short term. He won't see out his four years. But I'm not sure that that matters.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#103 » by Three34 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:24 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thank God Ivey isn't under contract

This may change.

OK, so I'm being deliberately flippant with the Ivey thing. But what someone said about the value Skiles places in conservatism is very true. The man loathes turnovers.
pdenninggolden
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#104 » by pdenninggolden » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:08 am

In many ways, Scott Skiles embodies "Vince Lombardi-like" traits. I admire both of them. :nod:
The NBA: Where DRose Happens!
"The problem with the world is that it draws the circle of the family too small."--Mother Theresa
God Rest the Souls of Norm VanLier and Johnny "Red" Kerr
ReddManBogieMan
Senior
And1: 0

Post#105 » by ReddManBogieMan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:05 am

I appreciate all the Bulls fans chiming in on Skiles. I have a much better and more clear image of who Scott really is, and how he coaches.

At first I thought that he was a little prick hardass that got kicks from getting under the players skin. It turns out that he is just unafraid to voice up and call a guy out if he is sucking, which is great in my mind. I think he is exactly what this team needs, and between Skiles and Hammond overseeing the roster and it's development we should no longer be a joke on the defensive side. This offseason is going down as a great one so far. With a couple of trades involving some of our overpaid premadonnas (Mo, maybe Redd I still am undecided about him) and some luck to get into the top 3 in the draft lottery, I can see the bucks improving at least 20 games, and should easily fit in the playoff picture in the east in '09.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#106 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:07 am

Yeah all the Bulls fans have been great. Really appreciate the info.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by Three34 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:45 am

Just remember, when you get psised off at endlessly seeing the Sessions/Williams/Bell/Simmons/Villanueva lineup in the fourth quarter, that Scott Skiles has a funny hairline and is (was) a rampant pothead. These get out of jail free cards will help steer you through some very annoying situations.
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#108 » by Cliff Levingston » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:59 pm

xTitan wrote:Hmmmmm well Cliff, Casey Johnson, who covers the Bulls for the Trib and Tom Doerr have been on local radio today and don't quite agree with your observations....but thats cool always good to have info from very different sources and your input is appreciated.

No offense, but if you knew about those guys, you'd know that it's "K.C." Johnson, not Casey... and to take what they have to say with a grain of salt. A lot of K.C.'s stuff this season has most of the Bulls boards' populous scratching their heads. He's come to the defense of Skiles and Boylan's coaching as well as Ben Wallace who all were very clearly doing a poor job this year.

And Tom Dore? ...he's basically a puppet for the Bulls' organization and never has anything negative to say about anybody who either is or once was affiliated with the Bulls. For example, he won't say that Eddy Curry is a bad defender or rebounder... he'll say that "it's an area he needs to work on."

But of course, all of this doesn't mean Skiles doesn't have positive qualities. Cliff Levingston has said more than once that he'll probably be great for you guys for at least 2 years, which is better than no years. :)
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#109 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No offense, but if you knew about those guys, you'd know that it's "K.C." Johnson, not Casey... and to take what they have to say with a grain of salt. A lot of K.C.'s stuff this season has most of the Bulls boards' populous scratching their heads. He's come to the defense of Skiles and Boylan's coaching as well as Ben Wallace who all were very clearly doing a poor job this year.

And Tom Dore? ...he's basically a puppet for the Bulls' organization and never has anything negative to say about anybody who either is or once was affiliated with the Bulls. For example, he won't say that Eddy Curry is a bad defender or rebounder... he'll say that "it's an area he needs to work on."

But of course, all of this doesn't mean Skiles doesn't have positive qualities. Cliff Levingston has said more than once that he'll probably be great for you guys for at least 2 years, which is better than no years. :)

I must admit, I like this Cliff Levingston character.

Because anyone who speaks about themselves in the third person, must be pretty smart.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#110 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:13 pm

All of my Bulls fans friends are all not happy with the Bucks getting Skiles. They speak very highly of him, and I'd consider them pretty avid/knowledgeable fans. He gets the most out of the team, that's for sure is the common opinion.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#111 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:17 pm

N8Frog wrote:All of my Bulls fans friends are all not happy with the Bucks getting Skiles. They speak very highly of him, and I'd consider them pretty avid/knowledgeable fans. He gets the most out of the team, that's for sure is the common opinion.

Are we opening the season with a game against the Bulls again?

I have to say that the Bucks vs Bulls rivalry is officially on.

We will have some heated battles this year.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#112 » by xTitan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:41 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Are we opening the season with a game against the Bulls again?

I have to say that the Bucks vs Bulls rivalry is officially on.

We will have some heated battles this year.

Not until Stotts or Larry K. gets the Bulls gig :wink:
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#113 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:53 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not until Stotts or Larry K. gets the Bulls gig :wink:

According to Epi, Carlisle will be taking Stotts whereever he goes so it may just come true if Carlisle goes to the Bulls
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,764

Post#114 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:18 pm

Sham wrote:
-= original quote snipped =-

Apparently you don't know Scott Skiles.

Apparently you don't read things in context.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#115 » by Epicurus » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:20 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

According to Epi, Carlisle will be taking Stotts whereever he goes so it may just come true if Carlisle goes to the Bulls

I don't think I expressed that level of certainty, except that TS would not be going to Mil. if RC took that job. It is also, as I said, my hope as Chicago is an easy trip from here.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by Three34 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:16 pm

It also bears repeating that while we pretty much commend the hiring of Skiles to a man, there was also no objection to when the Bulls fired him. It went wrong, and he had to go. There's no resentment on anyone's part. No one thinks the Bulls made a wrong decision, and no one thinks the Bucks made a wrong decision. So we won't gloat if you don't.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Re: Some Things you Should Know About Scott Skiles.... 

Post#117 » by crkone » Fri Jul 2, 2010 12:37 am

Well, we're getting to the dreaded year three. Let's hope Skiles doesn't get into it with Maggot or new DG.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,344

Post#118 » by Mags FTW » Fri Jul 2, 2010 12:44 am

He must have felt great clinching the playoffs @ CHI.
BDUB_30
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: 

Post#119 » by BDUB_30 » Fri Jul 2, 2010 12:50 am

midranger wrote:I view Skiles as LK with a resume.

I would not be a fan of this hire at all. Bring in a guy who has had real success. Carlise or bust.

I didnt bump this thread just skmming it over i read THIS !

:lol:

Im not even trying to be a jerk but wow ....you stay taking L's dude. my god, youre like rob deer around here. Swinging at everything and missing ...
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,368

Post#120 » by rilamann » Fri Jul 2, 2010 12:50 am

Ahhh the good old ''Skiles is a bad coach thread'', because the Tim Thomas,Eddie Curry,Marcus Fizer, & Eddie Robinson types didn't like playing for him.

haha.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Milwaukee Bucks