ImageImage

Hammond is the new GM of the Bucks-to hire vet (Carlisle?)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#421 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:12 pm

I said at the beginning of the year that Ruffin was our second best center. I maintain that sentiment.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#422 » by europa » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:31 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I said at the beginning of the year that Ruffin was our second best center. I maintain that sentiment.

I wouldn't argue with that. I said at the beginning of the season at least one of the two reserve centers the Bucks signed would be better than Gadz. I should've known they both would turn out to be better. Six million a year for a fourth-string center. I really do love this team.
Nothing will not break me.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#423 » by Rockmaninoff » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I said at the beginning of the year that Ruffin was our second best center. I maintain that sentiment.

Ruffin and Ivey should be brought back on minimum salary deals as our 11th and 12th men.

I hate Voskuhl so much, because we probably could have just retained Reiner who was probably a better player, and just as good of a cheerleader.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,092

Post#424 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ruffin and Ivey should be brought back on minimum salary deals as our 11th and 12th men.

That would be fine with me. You need a couple of minimum guys at the end of the bench anyway.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#425 » by fam3381 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:That would be fine with me. You need a couple of minimum guys at the end of the bench anyway.

Yeah, I've generally been pleased with our end-of-bench scrubs. Even Storey has won me over lately by simply working his ass off :) But the problem is obviously with the volume of playing time they've gotten. Ivey playing 20 mpg for 75 games isn't a good thing.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
bigzy
Starter
And1: 12

Post#426 » by bigzy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:07 am

Rumour from some people normally in the know here in Indy say that Carlisle is working on a contract deal with the Bucks.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#427 » by trwi7 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:09 am

bigzy wrote:Rumour from some people normally in the know here in Indy say that Carlisle is working on a contract deal with the Bucks.

:clap:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
europa
RealGM

Post#428 » by europa » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:28 am

bigzy wrote:Rumour from some people normally in the know here in Indy say that Carlisle is working on a contract deal with the Bucks.

I'll take that. Thanks for the scoop, bigzy. I'm surprised the J/S hasn't talked about this yet.
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#429 » by SugarRay34 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:58 am

Europa there is not one major paper that prints rumors on a consistent basis, maybe ever. Half of these rumors you guys have on this board never come true anyways. Its stupid of you to think that major papers would actually print every rumor that is started.
europa
RealGM

Post#430 » by europa » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:17 am

SugarRay34 wrote:Europa there is not one major paper that prints rumors on a consistent basis, maybe ever. Half of these rumors you guys have on this board never come true anyways. Its stupid of you to think that major papers would actually print every rumor that is started.

I'm very familiar with the newspaper and media business, trust me. And it's not stupid to think a major newspaper's beat writers would be all over the No. 1 story at the present time. The fact a poster on a message board can get this type of info but a beat writer can't speaks volumes about the Bucks' coverage by the J/S.
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#431 » by SugarRay34 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:26 am

Who knows if they have it or not. Not you nobody on this board. Its the policy not to report rumors at the J/S. No matter how big of a story it seems it is.
europa
RealGM

Post#432 » by europa » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:30 am

SugarRay34 wrote:Who knows if they have it or not. Not you nobody on this board. Its the policy not to report rumors at the J/S. No matter how big of a story it seems it is.

It's not a question of reporting rumors. It's a matter of doing enough reporting to bring all of the possibilties to light to make sure everything about the story is covered and presented to the readers. If you think the J/S has done all of that, that's fine. I do not believe they have.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,325

Post#433 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:38 am

SugarRay34 wrote:Its the policy not to report rumors at the J/S. No matter how big of a story it seems it is.

Sugar, you should talk to Gary Howard about this. Right now this is a "rumor" although based on Bigzy's track record here, I'm taking it as gospel. All it would take for MJS is to make some serious calls tomorrow to people close to Carlisle. Kevin O'Neill for example.

Remember two weeks ago when LGator saw Kohl having lunch with David Griffin? Woeffel read it on here most likely but then made a couple calls to verify it so he could print it.

Enlund and Gardner could win Pulitzer's themselves if they just monitored this board and followed up on everything presented here. Then once they follow up, it is no longer a rumor and the MJS can break the story (after RealGM of course)

I think those guys are too lazy to do this.....they wait until some guy at the Bucks spoonfeeds them something.
europa
RealGM

Post#434 » by europa » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:39 am

That's the thing. All it takes is a few phone calls to turn a rumor into something with substance. McGinn and Silverstein do that all the time with their Packers coverage and that's why they are two of the best NFL beat writers around.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#435 » by El Duderino » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:46 am

adamcz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Asked if Michael Redd could be considered a cornerstone of the franchise, Hammond said: "I think you have to right now. What he can do on the offensive end of the floor, there aren't many guys who can do that. When you start talking about the best shooters in the NBA, you talk about Michael Redd."

Man, i sure hope that's just GM speak and not wanting to tip his hand in the media like what happened with Harris giving Porter a vote of confidence.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#436 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:46 am

Garry is about to go on 1250 lets see if he has any info on this.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User

Post#437 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:56 am

according to Woeful it comes down to Carlise or Brown . it looks as if who ever the Bucks choose the Bulls will get the other.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,325

Post#438 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:59 am

BR....I couldn't hear about a minute of Woeffel....what team did he say might be interested in Mo Williams?
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User

Post#439 » by Bucks_Revenge » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:06 am

they talked about Sessions and Mo but never talked about any particular trades. Sparky asked do you think Sessions has a great chance as the starter next season and GW said oh yea, defently.

Woelful did say that he talked to other teams and half of the NBA sees him as a sg or a 6th man. Spark was afraid that will make it hard to move him. He also said, you might of heard this part is that if Brown is the coach he may try to fix Mo.l
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Post#440 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Great news all the way around. Carlisle and Van Gundy have been my top guys all along. Carlisle has to be itching to get back into it after a few years away and he will get to compete against his former employers-Pistons and Pacers. Time for a complete overhaul to load the team with defenders to put around Bogut and Yi. Trade Redd this summer while his value is still high, Trade Mo to Miami if they don't get Rose.
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks