ImageImage

Hammond is the new GM of the Bucks-to hire vet (Carlisle?)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#381 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:03 am

LMAO @ this thread.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,261

Post#382 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:11 am

WEFFPIM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

My birthday is June 1st. My dad's is in September. Happy Birthday, Dad!!!

:rofl:
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#383 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:22 am

Don't know if this has been posted, Detroit Free Press Article on the hiring:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 048/SPORTS

The Milwaukee Bucks did what the Portland Trail Blazers and the Toronto Raptors couldn
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Post#384 » by beyond_the_arc » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:38 am

bigkurty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Interesting story: My parents had the same birthday, November 19th, I was born on August 13. That is almost 9 months to the day of their birthday. What do you think the odds are that I was their birthday present to each other?

Don't worry, I'm sure you weren't a re-gift :lol:
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.
RideEmCowboy24
Analyst
And1: 29

Post#385 » by RideEmCowboy24 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:52 am

my dad was 46 when i was born?
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,257

Post#386 » by Sigra » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:11 pm

zeebneeb wrote:I see that Sigra has some reservations about the hiring, and if I was a Bucks fan, O probably would as well.

Just remember this though;

There is no way in HELL Hammond would have taken this job if his hands were tied behind his back.

I will try to explain my position with pictures:

I know that Hammond is a inteligent man. The force is with him. He thinks that he control situation and he thinks that he is the man. Very powerfull caracter indeed:

But I am afreid that Herb Kohl is still more powerfull than him:

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,325

Post#387 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:05 pm

The MJS has an excellent article today on our contract situation.....

What I found interesting was this quote by Hammond:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=738507

"I think most people in the league would agree there is talent," Hammond said. "There are players with value in the league on that roster.

That quote would seem to indicate he's positioning things for some trades......he didn't say "I like the young core we have" he only said ""There are some pieces you can build around.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#388 » by europa » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:17 pm

According to our friend from Detroit who's posted in this thread, we should expect Hammond to take a wait and see approach and not make a lot of moves initially. On one hand, I could see that happening; on the other, it's hard for me to believe any GM would want to keep this team together. Hammond has seen the Bucks a lot the past two seasons. He's seen them play well and he's seen them at their worst. I'd be surprised if he wasn't looking to make at least one big trade this summer.
Nothing will not break me.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,092

Post#389 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:40 pm

I think it's important that we don't get too impatient. We all want to see moves made but I don't want to see trades just to have trades. I expect Hammond to take his time and wait for the right deals. We are not going to be a contender next year. Hopefully we will be pointing in the right direction by November.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#390 » by europa » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 pm

I'm not advocating making trades with the hope of being a contender next season, but rather to remove players who aren't going to help the Bucks ever become a contender. I don't think it's ever too soon to make intelligent moves to improve your team. I'm fine with Hammond being patient. I'll respect his decisions but I still wonder if it will take him long to realize this team is a mess and keeping it intact may not be the right move to make.
Nothing will not break me.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#391 » by Bucks_Revenge » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:12 pm

I had a bizarre dream last night ...it was draft night and we drafted some one , I dont know the weird thing was we made a draft day deal with knicks and Jazz , it was a 3 way deal...we got draft rights to the knicks first round pick and we got AK47, and we sent Redd to the Kicks. I remember being so excited, then I woke up.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#392 » by wichmae » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:39 pm

I refuse to believe that Hammond (who is probably the most highly coveted GM candidate on the market) takes this job without re-assurances. It has to be in his contract of some sort...

There is no way possible he turns down other offers to stay with Detroit to become a puppet for anyone else. I dont care what anyone says it just isnt logical. I can tell you one thing from speaking to friends of mine in Detroit. Hammond wont take s**t from anyone and would probably resign if he isnt giving what he needs to suceed. He for certain wont have any issues finding another job.

Hammond if the farthest thing from a puppet candidate as one could imagine.
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#393 » by SugarRay34 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Come on Europa and all you other bashers, how bout giving some props to the MJS today for the articles today in the paper. Hunts was great and had some great points in it and Gardner got an interview with Hammond actually. Can never argue with 4 stories on the bucks in 1 paper.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,764

Post#394 » by Licensed to Il » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:29 pm

SugarRay34 wrote:Come on Europa and all you other bashers, how bout giving some props to the MJS today for the articles today in the paper. Hunts was great and had some great points in it and Gardner got an interview with Hammond actually. Can never argue with 4 stories on the bucks in 1 paper.

Are you really sticking up for the MJS or suggesting that they do even an adequate job covering this team?
SugarRay34
Veteran

Post#395 » by SugarRay34 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Im just saying you guys all bash them but they finally do a good job getting the story (although a little late yes) and writing about it and not a peep except from PP25. And I kind of have to stick up (some know why maybe) for them and usually stay out of the discussion when it comes to the MJS but just saying.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,092

Post#396 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:51 pm

I think the MJS coverage of the Hammond hiring was very good. So far.

The real test is what Enlund/Gardner do at the press conference today. Do they ask the probing questions that need to be answered? Doubtful. Do they ask fluff questions? Probably.

And if other members of the media DO ask the good questions (unlikely) would the MJS include them in tomorrows story.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#397 » by mcfromage » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:52 pm

SugarRay34 wrote:Im just saying you guys all bash them but they finally do a good job getting the story (although a little late yes) and writing about it and not a peep except from PP25. And I kind of have to stick up (some know why maybe) for them and usually stay out of the discussion when it comes to the MJS but just saying.

JS's post-hire coverage has been fine, and you're right that it's nice to get some direct quotes from Hammond via Gardner.

BUT, pre-hire, there was very little coverage given to the GM search, and when Hammond was mentioned it was an erroneous account of the Pistons re-buffing our attempts to interview him. I suppose it may have been true at the time, but JS was unable to sniff out any of the handwriting on the wall that it became untrue shortly thereafter. There were meanwhile multiple Woeful and national articles about the GM search, and of course, the story was broken NOT by our hometown paper, but by Marc Stein at ESPN.
SugarRay34
Veteran

Post#398 » by SugarRay34 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:58 pm

yeah about that story breaking though I almost guarantee you that every major hire is broken first by ESPN. Andy Katz, Marc Stein, Ric Bucher etc. They almost always get the info before the hometown guys in ANY paper. So you really cant blame them for that. Ok I am done though sticking up for it. End of discussion from me.

Great hire though by Herb. Hopefully this means one of Carlisle or JVG now. I pray its not Larry Brown. JVG would be first on my list. He seemed to know more about the Bucks when he did that Lakers/Bucks game on ESPn than Krystowiak does right now.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#399 » by 6_Rings » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:03 pm

you guys should get JVG. he might bring out the Yao in Yi.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
SugarRay34
Veteran

Post#400 » by SugarRay34 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:06 pm

I just hope he could bring out the Yao in Bogut.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks