ImageImage

Bucks interviewing Suns Griffin for GM (LGator breaks story)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

L Gator
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#21 » by L Gator » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:26 pm

yes he was there. Him and griffin were on one side of the table and Kohl and two others were on the other.
Enrique
Senior
And1: 30

Post#22 » by Enrique » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:58 pm

How about "The Entourage"
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#23 » by fam3381 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:02 pm

Woelfel confirms L Gator's sighting...

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel ... views.html

Gotta love RealGM.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#24 » by Buck You » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:10 pm

Mags FTW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They need a more fitting nickname.

3 stooges.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,100

Post#25 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:16 pm

fam3381 wrote:Woelfel confirms L Gator's sighting...

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel ... views.html

Gotta love RealGM.

You know Gery saw this thread five hours ago and started making calls.....

The crazy uncle (realgm) wins again.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,597

Post#26 » by Profound23 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:45 pm

ahahahaha...April Fools

Chris Paul leaving New Orleans? Not very likely
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,037

Post#27 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:52 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You know Gery saw this thread five hours ago and started making calls.....

The crazy uncle (realgm) wins again.

It may have happened, and if its true, is that the worse thing?

He saw what fans were talking about and then used his connections to add more insight and confirmation.

Or he could've taken the JS approach...
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#28 » by pilprin » Tue Apr 1, 2008 12:04 am

Hammond and Griffen would be fine - if that is the route Herbie decides to go. Griffen makes some sense, because this team is built like the offensive minded Suns teams that play little defense.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#29 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 1, 2008 12:17 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:-= It may have happened, and if its true, is that the worse thing?...

Oh...I'm glad he did it. The Crazy Uncle just likes some recognition every now and then. If he gets on Sparky's show tomorrow night and says "Hey, a guy on RealGM saw Kohl and cronies meeting with Griffin, so I followed up...." That's manning up.

If he gets on and says "Steve, I have some inside information that Herb Kohl met yesterday with David Griffin...." Well...that's like me sneaking the Cliff notes into the English Lit final.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,529

Post#30 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 1, 2008 12:31 am

Woelfel never shares credit.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#31 » by DH34Phan » Tue Apr 1, 2008 12:36 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Lately I've been fluctuating between referring to them as the "committee" and "The Commission" (as in the National Crime Syndicate Commission)
They just remind me of really inept Mafia group. Maybe their nickname could be drawn from the famous "Murder Inc." group.
But our boys could be known as "Meddling Inc."

I think the 3 Stooges would work.

Or Herbie's Angels.
battier31
Pro Prospect

Post#32 » by battier31 » Tue Apr 1, 2008 12:50 am

I agree....but I don't like the "cronies" term for some reason....not enough sizzle to it. Michael Scott, Dwight Schrute and Jim Halpert seem to fit but there isn't a tagname with those guys. There has to be a better pop culture reference from some movie or TV show.....

I appreciate our poster starting this thread....It's got to be a good joke in the Bucks front office that RealGM people, spread out across the city, are now weighing in with Kohl activity reports.

How dare you compare the cast of The Office to the likes of Herb Kohl and Ron Walter! Although I'd rather have Dwight Schrute over Rick Sund right now...
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#33 » by THE DINJ » Tue Apr 1, 2008 1:00 am

Well Hammond is out:
http://blogs.jsonline.com/bucks/archive ... ay-no.aspx

The Milwaukee Bucks have hit at least one road block in their search for a new general manager.

The Bucks, seeking to replace the departed Larry Harris, asked the Detroit Pistons for permission to speak to John Hammond, their vice-president of business operations, about the position but the Pistons refused.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#34 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Tue Apr 1, 2008 1:08 am

Oh...I'm glad he did it. The Crazy Uncle just likes some recognition every now and then. If he gets on Sparky's show tomorrow night and says "Hey, a guy on RealGM saw Kohl and cronies meeting with Griffin, so I followed up...." That's manning up.

If he gets on and says "Steve, I have some inside information that Herb Kohl met yesterday with David Griffin...." Well...that's like me sneaking the Cliff notes into the English Lit final.

Considering the nature of RealGM, I would agree that it warrants a mention in the manner you describe.

However, I don't know if we should assume that Woelfel read about this here.

Consider this hypothetical:

It is very possible that Woelfel happened to be made aware of this development from some other person who lurks/reads and saw it here (consider how widely read our forum is), but neglected to mention that it came from RealGM. Perhaps that person wasn't thinking of seeking public credit for either RealGM or themselves, but rather their primary concern was attempting to get confirmation ASAP of a rumor that seemed worthy of looking into.

Obviously L.Gator can now add this event to his track record for future reference, but it isn't like he (unless I am forgetting things, in which case I apologize) had the kind of track record that some of the others have around here (europa, xTitan, FormerBuckFan, and others) so perhaps more skepticism was naturally involved when dealing with the information he provided.

So in that case, it wouldn't really be Woelfel's fault for not crediting/mentioning RealGM.

Or maybe he did read it here himself in the first place. We might never know.

If at this point he sees this thread on here and is so inclined to mention the RealGM connection, I agree that would be the best thing to do.

I'm going to assume that it is true that without L.Gator's thread here, Woelfel never becomes aware of this development. You never know though. Maybe someone else in that restaurant tipped him off, or maybe someone within the organization tipped him off, etc.
The smart money has to be that the information derived from L.Gator's thread.

But what MartyConlonOnTheRun said is very important. Without Woelfel actually doing the work of a journalist after he read or received the tip about L.Gator's info, the information might remain as just a rumor from an infrequent message board poster who said he saw Kohl with some people at lunch. If you are covering some kind of beat, part of your job is to collect tips like this and then attempt to figure out which ones you can confirm and then publish/broadcast

In all likelihood:
RealGM (L.Gator) + Woelfel = this story
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#35 » by icat2000 » Tue Apr 1, 2008 1:13 am

What about Huey, Luey and Duey as a name for the three rascals.
mpg
Sophomore

Post#36 » by mpg » Tue Apr 1, 2008 1:15 am

fam3381 wrote:Btw, am I missing something or has the JS not realized that we are looking for a GM?

Seriously, why does the New York media have a monopoly on rumors about our GM search? Woelfel's the only local guy I can think of who has written anything about this stuff.

And yes, I realize this is probably a rhetorical question :)

The JS guys get free courtside seats and act like fans, not journalists. They don't actually pursue leads or tips or that sort of thing because they have no chance of losing their job to someone who would do those things. Its like city government man
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#37 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Tue Apr 1, 2008 1:55 am

3 Blind Mice
Kohl's Momes
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#38 » by pilprin » Tue Apr 1, 2008 1:59 am

The more I think of Griffin, the more I like it, but we still need a vet. coach. Would he bring one? Could he bring one?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#39 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 1, 2008 2:10 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:Kohl's Momes

That one might work for me.....Kohl's Momes is it for me until someone hits something better.

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,242

Post#40 » by LUKE23 » Tue Apr 1, 2008 2:25 am

pilprin wrote:The more I think of Griffin, the more I like it, but we still need a vet. coach. Would he bring one? Could he bring one?

Depends what Herb wants to spend on one. I think to get a proven vet coach here is going to require some serious cash, probably $5M a year or so, and I don't know if Kohl will spend that.

LK is definitely gone though, so we can only upgrade at coach (I think, but I said that when Stotts was fired and Stotts >>>>>>>>> LK).

I don't know much about Griffin at all, but he has been part of the Suns organization for 12 years and they have been a winning team for 9 of those, with a legit chance at a title for the last few.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks