ImageImage

Bogut high-fiving by himself

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#81 » by icat2000 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I read it as the poster was referring to what Bogut had contribute since tip off, as stepping up as a leader, not the making of the FT.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,737

Post#82 » by msiris » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:20 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
do you think mike, mo, and the charlies think they aren't decent?
No just big headed. Full of themselves. We got game baby. All talk no action. They feel they have nothing to prove. I am Kobe's buddy. I am in the money honey. :D
Ride the tank
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,319

Post#83 » by rilamann » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:21 pm

I didnt think Mac was saying Bogut was a leader by simply making a FT either.

I think he was saying Bogut has been trying to be a leader for the good of the team but everyone is to concerned with their own personal glory to follow his (Bogut's) lead.

Bogut is a team player and a player who plays to win and I think Bogut is trying to step up and be a leader so maybe some of that attitude will rub off on his teammates.

Which would obviously be good for the team.

But as mentioned we have to many ''we lost but I got mine'' guys on this team and they dont want to sacrifice their stats for wins and for ''team basketball''.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#84 » by xTitan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:23 pm

Wow...it was a very funny, spontaneous gesture....I am sure Bogut is quite frustrated with the season and probably some of his teammates....but it was reactionary and funny....nothing more.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#85 » by europa » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:26 pm

msiris wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No just big headed. Full of themselves. We got game baby. All talk no action. They feel they have nothing to prove. I am Kobe's buddy. I am in the money honey. :D

I was told awhile back that Mo was ignoring anything Bogut had to say that may be viewed in a constructive manner because, according to Mo, Bogut didn't have enough game to say anything to Mo.

I hope that made sense. That was one seriously long runon sentence. :)
Nothing will not break me.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#86 » by jerrod » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:26 pm

rilamann wrote:
I think he was saying Bogut has been trying to be a leader for the good of the team but everyone is to concerned with their own personal glory to follow his (Bogut's) lead.

c'mon man, you have to see how biased that sentence is, right?

first off, why would they consider bogut the leader? we're not far removed from some horrible sulking games, he flipped off the fans and he's made comments about taking less money to play for a winner.

yeah, he plays defense, but that doesn't make those other things magically disappear.

but no, it's clearly because everyone else on the team is pure evil :roll:
xTitan
RealGM

Post#87 » by xTitan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:28 pm

[quote="jerrod"][/quote]

What player hasn't sulked or played half-ass at times this year? They obviously have no leader and that's why many of us want the backcourt gone.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#88 » by jerrod » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:32 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What player hasn't sulked or played half-ass at times this year? They obviously have no leader and that's why many of us want the backcourt gone.

i agree

but then why should bogut be the leader when you factor in the other things i listed earlier?

you guys kind of act like the rest of the team should have just hung out and chilled until january when bogut decided to try to be a leader
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,752

Post#89 » by Serge28 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Bogut has gotten progressively better in spite of coaching for the past 2.5 seasons. Since the All Star Break, he's putting up 15.5 points, 11.7 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1.8 blocks. He's also been the team's best defender (by a mile) this year and is stepping up as a leader. The Bucks need to lock him up this summer because he's going to be a special player in a couple of years.
msiris
RealGM

Post#90 » by msiris » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:33 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I was told awhile back that Mo was ignoring anything Bogut had to say that may be viewed in a constructive manner because, according to Mo, Bogut didn't have enough game to say anything to Mo.

I hope that made sense. That was one seriously long runon sentence. :)
I understand. Its called EGOOOOOOO.
Ride the tank
xTitan
RealGM

Post#91 » by xTitan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:36 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i agree

but then why should bogut be the leader when you factor in the other things i listed earlier?

you guys kind of act like the rest of the team should have just hung out and chilled until january when bogut decided to try to be a leader

They don't have a leader, Bogut won't be the leader, even if he chooses to be, until this team is purged of several players. I believe your leader should be the guy who runs the offense and controls the basketball, if he is your smartest, most unselfish player you don't have to worry about hot players not seeing the ball. The Bucks have no one close to this, which is why I would overpay for Rose or someone who can fill this role.
msiris
RealGM

Post#92 » by msiris » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:37 pm

[quote="jerrod"][/quote]What makes Bogut a good possible leader is the fact that he does play with passion, but it is very hard to maintain it given the current state of this team.
Ride the tank
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#93 » by El Duderino » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks for posting that clip, that was funny

To those who saw t live, how do you sit through these Bucks games and still watch them?

A Bucks/Hawks game sounds about as exciting as watching some romantic comedy on the Lifetime channel.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#94 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:40 pm

El Duderino wrote:To those who saw t live, how do you sit through these Bucks games and still watch them?

I enjoy comedies and the Bucks/Hawks game was the best comedy on last night.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
msiris
RealGM

Post#95 » by msiris » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:42 pm

Serge28 wrote:Bogut has gotten progressively better in spite of coaching for the past 2.5 seasons. Since the All Star Break, he's putting up 15.5 points, 11.7 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1.8 blocks. He's also been the team's best defender (by a mile) this year and is stepping up as a leader. The Bucks need to lock him up this summer because he's going to be a special player in a couple of years.
I think its too early to lock on him this summer. They need to change this team in a big way. PG is number one. Than SF. Might have to use Redd to get both.
Ride the tank
xTitan
RealGM

Post#96 » by xTitan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:42 pm

El Duderino wrote:Thanks for posting that clip, that was funny

To those who saw t live, how do you sit through these Bucks games and still watch them?

A Bucks/Hawks game sounds about as exciting as watching some romantic comedy on the Lifetime channel.

I was watching during commercials of "The Moment of Truth"...lots of dirty women out there.
msiris
RealGM

Post#97 » by msiris » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:43 pm

I was watching during commercials of "The Moment of Truth"...lots of dirty women out there.
Where is that? :o :oops: :D
Ride the tank
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,370

Post#98 » by nate33 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:46 pm

Ha ha.

I just saw this clip. Bogut is now one of my favorite players. What a simple, but effective way of calling his teammates out for their lack of unity.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#99 » by xTitan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 pm

msiris wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Where is that? :o :oops: :D

7:00 Fox...next week is season finale....his somewhat attractive, dirty housewife crushes her husband.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#100 » by El Duderino » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 pm

I've seen that a few times. What i don't get is, they already know roughly what questions will be asked, so why do they get that tortured look when the tough ones do get asked?

Seems to me that those who get picked for the show and really want the cash, they should just tell everyone they know what questions are coming and what the answer is going to be.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks