ImageImage

Bogut high-fiving by himself

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#41 » by jerrod » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:45 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No doubt he was trying to be funny. It's funny and sad. Like when a clown dies.

i don't get why it's sad though, because one time out of 100's no one ran to high five him?
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#42 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:46 pm

BTW I don't think the guys at the line intentionally snubbed Bogut. It wasn't like the Derrick Martin incident with Gene Keady.

I remember Keith Van Horn left Jealani McCoy hanging for like 30 seconds when Jealani went to give Van Horn a high five after he had subbed in for him during an open scrimmage a few years back. McCoy made a little bit of a scene about it on the bench.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#43 » by blkout » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:47 pm

I liked Ivey at Atlanta, maybe not so much with the Bucks... was he one of the guys who apparently asked to be traded? I know Voshkul did, it just confuses me, there is not another team in the entire league who'd be giving those two minutes and they still wanted to go. Crazy.

1. Bogut (by far)
2. Desmond Mason
3. Charlie Bell
4. Ramon Sessions
5. Awvee Storey
6. Michael Ruffin

Mine would be

1 - Bogut
2 - Bell (because he posts here and I like him)
3 - Sessions

That's about it really. Oh I like the comedy factor Gadz brings also.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,632

Post#44 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:48 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i don't get why it's sad though, because one time out of 100's no one ran to high five him?

It's not just this one time, though. I've seen several instances where a high five would have been apropos but the guy, whoever it may be, is left standing there like he has a booger on his hand.

These guys don't get pumped up for each other. Maybe it's not sad, but it is telling.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#45 » by europa » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:51 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's not just this one time, though. I've seen several instances where a high five would have been apropos but the guy, whoever it may be, is left standing there like he has a booger on his hand.

These guys don't get pumped up for each other. Maybe it's not sad, but it is telling.

I think it's sad and telling. This team has no sense of unity at all. It's selfish and the chemistry is putrid. What happened with Bogut would just be a joke if we hadn't seen so many other examples of this team splintering apart all season long. Instead, it just became in my opinion a true reflection of what a disaster this team is and why somebody needs to drop a bomb on it and blow it all to hell.
Nothing will not break me.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Mascot 

Post#46 » by Badgerlander » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:55 pm

Did anyone get the shot of the Mascot?
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#47 » by aboveAverage » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:13 pm

Speaking of bad chemistry, did anyone see in the fourth quarter when Redd was double teamed and Villanueva was wide open on the three point line? Villanueva raised his hands up in the air, signaling to Redd that he was open. Redd took one look at him, backed up, and took two players head on. Villanueva just kept his hands up during the whole play, and then when he was walking to the bench for the timeout, he just stared at Krystkowiak with an expression of "you see, he does this all the time!" Funny thing was, Krystkowiak didn't look like he cared at all.

Michael Redd has got to be the most selfish player in this league. How many times does he take on double teams for no particluar reason other than to score for himself?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#48 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:22 pm

aboveAverage wrote:Speaking of bad chemistry, did anyone see in the fourth quarter when Redd was double teamed and Villanueva was wide open on the three point line? Villanueva raised his hands up in the air, signaling to Redd that he was open. Redd took one look at him, backed up, and took two players head on. Villanueva just kept his hands up during the whole play, and then when he was walking to the bench for the timeout, he just stared at Krystkowiak with an expression of "you see, he does this all the time!" Funny thing was, Krystkowiak didn't look like he cared at all.

Michael Redd has got to be the most selfish player in this league. How many times does he take on double teams for no particluar reason other than to score for himself?

I hear what you're saying about Redd, but CV needs to stop camping out at the three point line.

Between Redd taking the ball to the hoop and CV taking a three, I'll take Redd driving into a double team every time
Fandom
Junior
And1: 1

Post#49 » by Fandom » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:36 pm

Back to the Bogut video quick... Like a few others have already said, that's freakin' hilarious, but also really, really, really sad. And now that I'm sitting here thinking about it, it's not even funny anymore, it's pathetic.
Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#50 » by Dags » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:40 pm

I think everyones making too much of this. The other guys probably weren't paying attention or somesuch. I wouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill here.
Das ist nümberwang!
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#51 » by showtimesam » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:46 pm

Yeah people make wayyy too much of things.

It was just a funny situation, and boguts the man... end of story
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#52 » by jerrod » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:51 pm

Dags wrote:I think everyones making too much of this. The other guys probably weren't paying attention or somesuch. I wouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill here.

it's not even a molehill, bogut only stuck his hands out for a split second
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#53 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:56 pm

showtimesam wrote:Yeah people make wayyy too much of things.

It was just a funny situation, and boguts the man... end of story
SheedsWeed
RealGM

Post#54 » by SheedsWeed » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:58 pm

**** HILARIOUS! LMAO!
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#55 » by TheGhostDog » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:04 pm

A moment that perfectly symbolizes the state of the Milwaukee Bucks. Its what Brett Favre might have done if he threw a touchdown pass and tried to celebrate but nobody else would high-five him. Sadly, Bogut deserves better than the braindead, selfish collection of bums he's saddled with night after night.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,635

Post#56 » by Profound23 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:09 pm

You can say some are making too much of this, at the same time since the topic of discussion has been how most of our team gave up weeks ago (except Bogut) and most of our team plays selfishly (except Bogut).......then this incident should not be took lightly as if it were a selfless team such as San Antonio, Boston or Detroit doing it.
redd022
Freshman

Post#57 » by redd022 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:1. Bogut (by far)
2. Desmond Mason
3. Charlie Bell
4. Ramon Sessions
5. Awvee Storey
6. Michael Ruffin

don't really care about anyone else. I like that Ivey has played hard all year, but it's very upsetting that he continues to get burn ahead of Sessions so I left him off the list. I wouldn't mind Ivey coming back if he was the 5th guard.

i wont put who i like in order, but i only like about half the guys on this team

Desmond Mason, Michael Redd, Andrew Bogut, Royal Ivey, Charlie Bell, Jake Voshkul, Ramon Sessions
jerrod
RealGM

Post#58 » by jerrod » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:06 pm

easier to list the people i don't like:

redd
i don't especially like ivey either

otherwise everyone else is cool with me
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#59 » by europa » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:16 pm

For me it's not a question of liking a player; it's a matter of whether I think they need to stay or go. So for me it's

STAY
Bogut

GO
Everyone else
Nothing will not break me.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,737

Post#60 » by msiris » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:24 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:1. Bogut (by far)
2. Desmond Mason (not talented enough to make a difference)
3. Charlie Bell (not talented enough to make a difference)
4. Ramon Sessions (good lord just play him)
5. Awvee Storey (not talented enough to make a difference)
6. Michael Ruffin (not talented enough to make a difference)

don't really care about anyone else. I like that Ivey has played hard all year, but it's very upsetting that he continues to get burn ahead of Sessions so I left him off the list. I wouldn't mind Ivey coming back if he was the 5th guard.
Fixed. You better have 5 very good starters with these guys on the bench.
Ride the tank

Return to Milwaukee Bucks