ImageImage

Ersan Ilyasova talk

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

oshmeehan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#61 » by oshmeehan » Tue May 20, 2008 8:55 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Barcelona would be idiotic to part ways with Ersan at this point. He's playing fantastic down the stretch.

Its a shame he doesn't get the ball a little more often. I watched the entire game the other day Live and there were times he was wide open and his teammates just didn't find him for whatever reason. You could see Ersan being frustrated sometimes by it with his reactions.

It really seems like there is no offensive system in place for Barcelona or for any other team for that matter in Europe. Just seems like a pick-up basketball game at times where everyone tries to take their own man or just jacks 3-pointers.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#62 » by fam3381 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Osh, did you watch it on sopcast or something?
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#63 » by oshmeehan » Tue May 20, 2008 9:33 pm

fam3381 wrote:Osh, did you watch it on sopcast or something?

Not sure if it was sopcast or what it is

I got a direct link to the feed off of the Interbasket Forum website (which I know Chuck Diesel visits frequently as well).

But yeah, the link loaded up right away and it was broadcast in real-time with no delay. Didn't have any problems with the feed what-so-ever.

Only thing that sucked was it was in Spanish of course and they must not have any pregame, postgame, or halftime what-so-ever either. You never even saw the announcers or knew their names. At least they show all the stats and the score like a normal NBA game.

I believe the TV station it was on was Canal 33. When Barcelona's next game is I'll post the link here if it is on that station.

They next play on Thursday, Saturday, then if necessary on Monday. I don't think though that they will win this series as they only have 1 home game out of the 3 and they'll be playing DKV Jovenaut, which is Rudy Fernandez and Ricky Rubio's team, as well as Jerome Moiso and get this, DAVID NOEL!
fam3381
General Manager

Post#64 » by fam3381 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:37 pm

Oh wow, I didn't realize Noel ended up in Spain (I thought Benneton in Ital). Joventut is definitely stacked.

For those of you curious, Noel has gotten limited PT since he signed five games ago. He did have eight points in their last playoff game.

http://www.acb.com/stspartidojug.php?co ... edicion=52
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#65 » by oshmeehan » Tue May 20, 2008 9:43 pm

fam3381 wrote:Oh wow, I didn't realize Noel ended up in Spain (I thought Benneton in Ital). Joventut is definitely stacked.

For those of you curious, Noel has gotten limited PT since he signed five games ago. He did have eight points in their last playoff game.

http://www.acb.com/stspartidojug.php?co ... edicion=52

Yeah haha its a Milwaukee Bucks wasteland over there....these former Bucks from the past few years are all playing over in Europe

Ersan Ilyasova
Lynn Greer
David Noel
Marcus Fizer
Jiri Welsch
Marcus Haislip
Daniel Santiago

Welsch, Haislip, and Santiago are actually all on the same team, Unicaja
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#66 » by Whiteman » Tue May 20, 2008 10:02 pm

oshmeehan wrote:Welsch, Haislip, and Santiago are actually all on the same team, Unicaja

Do you know if Unicaja is scouting Yi already? :wink:
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#67 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed May 21, 2008 1:06 am

oshmeehan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not sure if it was sopcast or what it is

I got a direct link to the feed off of the Interbasket Forum website (which I know Chuck Diesel visits frequently as well).

!

What's your name over there? You've gotta back me up next time that greek kid starts talking nonsense :wink:
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#68 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed May 21, 2008 7:26 am

oshmeehan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Its a shame he doesn't get the ball a little more often. I watched the entire game the other day Live and there were times he was wide open and his teammates just didn't find him for whatever reason. You could see Ersan being frustrated sometimes by it with his reactions.

It really seems like there is no offensive system in place for Barcelona or for any other team for that matter in Europe. Just seems like a pick-up basketball game at times where everyone tries to take their own man or just jacks 3-pointers.

When Jaka Lakovic is running point. That guy makes Mo Williams look like Magic Johnson. I've never seen a guy take (and miss) as many threes as Lakovic does during the course of the game. 71/201 from behind the arc for c this season. Look at some of these game lines- 2-11, 0-5, 0-5, 1-7. The offense runs much better when Pepe Sanchez is controlling the ball and Lakovic is at the two.

and 0-5 outin
fam3381
General Manager

Post#69 » by fam3381 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:53 pm

The Spanish finals start today.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2008/5/29/54184 ... ish-finals

Barcelona was down big early but are within 4 early in the third. Ersan's again filling up the box score with 17/8 right now...4/7 from two and 3/4 from distance.
fam3381
General Manager

Post#70 » by fam3381 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:19 pm

Barca lost but Ersan had another big game finishing with 21/10 in 34 minutes.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#71 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu May 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks for the updates fam.

Is Ersan going to come back and look to get minutes at the 3 or will he be more of a 4?

Any idea on his body (weight, strength, quickness) and what position he would be suited best at?

(Sorry if I missed an earlier response)

What I'm wondering is if he is going to get minutes at the 3, then Mase or Simmons has to go pretty much. If he's going to get minutes at the 4, then I am very nervous about our PF rotation for next year.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,957

Post#72 » by MickeyDavis » Thu May 29, 2008 9:56 pm

I hope he gives us another shot. He's young and cheap, certainly worth another look.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#73 » by oshmeehan » Thu May 29, 2008 10:04 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Thanks for the updates fam.

Is Ersan going to come back and look to get minutes at the 3 or will he be more of a 4?

Any idea on his body (weight, strength, quickness) and what position he would be suited best at?

(Sorry if I missed an earlier response)

What I'm wondering is if he is going to get minutes at the 3, then Mase or Simmons has to go pretty much. If he's going to get minutes at the 4, then I am very nervous about our PF rotation for next year.

Maybe you saw the video link in another thread, but here are highlights to his 16 point 14 rebound game in Game 1 of the previous round. This should give a good idea on his body appearance and quickness and such.

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/669
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#74 » by bango_the_buck » Thu May 29, 2008 10:40 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Is Ersan going to come back and look to get minutes at the 3 or will he be more of a 4?

I never understood LH's insistence that Ersan was a 4. Sure, he can play the 4, but I see him playing more of the 3 for us next year (assuming that a) he comes back and b) he gets playing time). I keep going back to the Tayshaun Prince comparison (or, to a lesser extent, Andrei Kirilenko)...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#75 » by Nowak008 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 am

fam3381 wrote:Barca lost but Ersan had another big game finishing with 21/10 in 34 minutes.

Nowak008 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pretty impressive. I would still rather have the rights to Ersan then Ryan Gomes.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#76 » by Buck You » Fri May 30, 2008 12:45 am

bango_the_buck wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I never understood LH's insistence that Ersan was a 4. Sure, he can play the 4, but I see him playing more of the 3 for us next year (assuming that a) he comes back and b) he get playing time). I keep going back to the Tayshaun Prince comparison (or, to a lesser extent, Andrei Kirilenko)...

:) We need that kind of player badly. Ersan would be a steal if he turned out to be Andrei or Tayshaun.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,264

Post#77 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:50 am

So is this kid going to be a Buck next year or not?
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#78 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri May 30, 2008 1:44 am

Sounds like he doesn't want to come back ust to waste away on the bench, so if he could get some consistent playing time I think he would come back.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#79 » by oshmeehan » Sat May 31, 2008 4:48 am

Game 2 is tomorrow (Saturday) at 1:00 PM Milwaukee time.

I decided to purchase watching the game online for $4.50. Turns out that I can watch all the games til June 14th (though the last possible game for the Finals would be on June 6th). But pretty good deal IMO of only $4.50 to watch all of the remaining Finals games.

I did this last month thru their website and it works out pretty well with the live feed of the video. If anyone is interested I provided the link where you sign up. It is mainly in Spanish but I don't speak a lick of Spanish and was able to figure it out

http://www.acblive.tv/page/Home/0,,12564,00.html
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#80 » by oshmeehan » Sat May 31, 2008 6:20 pm

Barca down 20-16 after the 1st quarter

Ersan with 7 points and 4 boards so far

He seems to be the only one on the team that actually knows how to play basketball and not to just play one-on-one and chuck shots up

Return to Milwaukee Bucks