ImageImage

Charlie V's last five games

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#41 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:25 am

Screw his last 5 games....THEY'VE BEEN LOSSES!!!

WHO CARES!????
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,762

Post#42 » by AussieBuck » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:30 am

CV is still a charlatan. Lets use his his trade value to ship him off with Mo.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#43 » by paul » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:32 am

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:Screw his last 5 games....THEY'VE BEEN LOSSES!!!

WHO CARES!????

I care. Just because the bucks are a poor team who's best player feels the urge to take over and ultimately cost them close games does not mean that every player on this team sucks. I want this team to improve next season, to do that we have to see who's playing well and worth keeping, and to do that we have to care. I'd rather watch them play well rather than badly, so...... I care.
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior

Post#44 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:33 am

DID WE WIN!?

Forget his last 4-5 games! We didn't win! So big deal! Whoop de damn doo!

What about Tracy McGrady's last 20 games!? HE HAS WON THEM ALL!

Forget Villanueva's last 5 games! Big deal! They've all been losses! With all due respect Paul Pressey, I couldn't care less about his last 5 games!

Where was this earlier in the year? Does it lead to wins? Does he still make plays or mistakes down the stretch? Can he stop his man at the same time?

You look at his stats the last 5 games and I will look at the stats of the guy he was supposed to be guarding in those same games and I bet he got lit up!

Play both ends and focus on both ends as fans, and value the wins and losses not individual performances that don't lead to wins!

Talk to me about McGrady and Paul and Pierce if you want...Not losers who drop glossy stat lines...

Who cares or what does it matter if you are losing? Get out of this mind-set Milwaukee!

Place an expectation and a demand on winning basketball and excellence not mediocrity and folly.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#45 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:38 am

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:DID WE WIN!?

Forget his last 4-5 games! We didn't win! So big deal! Whoop de damn doo!

What about Tracy McGrady's last 20 games!? HE HAS WON THEM ALL!

Forget Villanueva's last 5 games! Big deal! They've all been losses! With all due respect Paul Pressey, I couldn't care less about his last 5 games!

Where was this earlier in the year? Does it lead to wins? Does he still make plays or mistakes down the stretch? Can he stop his man at the same time?

You look at his stats the last 5 games and I will look at the stats of the guy he was supposed to be guarding in those same games and I bet he got lit up!

Play both ends and focus on both ends as fans, and value the wins and losses not individual performances that don't lead to wins!

Talk to me about McGrady and Paul and Pierce if you want...Not losers who drop glossy stat lines...

Who cares or what does it matter if you are losing? Get out of this mind-set Milwaukee!

Place an expectation and a demand on winning basketball and excellence not mediocrity and folly.

What was Pierce's record last year with the Celtics?

How many times has T-Mac been past the first round?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,333

Post#46 » by Mags FTW » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:56 am

I hope all of the people who constantly slam CV because of his defense, also held Big Dog in such low regard.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#47 » by paul » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:20 am

Mags FTW wrote:I hope all of the people who constantly slam CV because of his defense, also held Big Dog in such low regard.

or Mo, or Redd.......
St.Nick
Banned User

Post#48 » by St.Nick » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:27 am

Yi for Elton Brand...

Wow.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,173
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#49 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:32 am

St.Nick wrote:Yi for Elton Brand...

Wow.

Brandon Wright for a bag of potato chips...

Wo---oh wait, I'd probably make that deal from GS's perspective.
Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Dome » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:09 am

Man, I can't help but be a bit surprised to see some guys in here put Charlie V in front of Yi in the depth chart and even future plans after reading about how Yi was the new franchise player only a few months ago. What happened to Yi? :dontknow:
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,333

Post#51 » by Mags FTW » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:14 am

paul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

or Mo, or Redd.......

Big Dog never really went into ball hog mode like those 2 though. That was the silver lining in his inability to create his own shot (or should I say dribble).
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,263

Post#52 » by skones » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:15 am

Dome wrote:Man, I can't help but be a bit surprised to see some guys in here put Charlie V in front of Yi in the depth chart and even future plans after reading about how Yi was the new franchise player only a few months ago. What happened to Yi? :dontknow:

He started out the season playing good basketball, since the first few weeks he's been pretty awful. Villanueva however is playing out of his mind right now. Probably a flavor of the month thing for all of us.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,950

Post#53 » by stellation » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:23 am

CharlosVllnueva wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Brandon Wright for a bag of potato chips...

Wo---oh wait, I'd probably make that deal from GS's perspective.

Let's be realistic, it depends on the chips.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,225

Post#54 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:46 pm

midranger wrote:I think the common belief is that you need scoring at EVERY position. .

I think that is the belief of Herb Kohl.

The problem with this team though, and the reason Kohl keeps making the moves he does is the fact he wants a consistent all-star scorer. So we keep acquiring guys like CV, who have weeks like this past one that make you think they'll be that all-star scorer in time. Mo and Redd have both had such weeks plenty of times in the past.

But none of our guys are consistent scorers. i.e. being able to get the job done when it counts.

I'm not big on the moves you propose because Mo is still on the roster. I think both Mo and Redd are not fun guys to play with. I think both guys need to go this offseason. They are both team cancers. I could live with Mo as sixth man in some situations, but think we need a full backcourt housecleaning.
lawrybeard
Analyst
And1: 165

Post#55 » by lawrybeard » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:54 pm

Charlie V can be an excellent statistical player, but the NBA isn't a fantasy league.

The things which don't show on a box score are the difference between a poor team and a good team, and, these are the things which make him a liability to any team.

Pro:
- Diving after a lose ball to keep it in play
- Setting a screen to free a man up for an open shot
- Challenging and causing a shot to miss
- Weak side & help defence
- Boxing out so your teammate can take an easy rebound

Con:
- Playing inadequate defense and allowing your man to score
- Leaving your man for a fast break before your team takes possession
- Not boxing out and allowing your man to get an offensive board
- Not making the extra pass for a higher percentage shot

He is also somewhat of a black hole on offense, meaning team chemistry is not as high as it should be.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#56 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:09 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm not big on the moves you propose because Mo is still on the roster. I think both Mo and Redd are not fun guys to play with. I think both guys need to go this offseason.
I'd be ok with that as well. We're the worst defensive team in the NBA. I'd like to get rid of every one of the guys who don't play defense, assuming we can receive 80% of their value in return.

I don't want us to draft, sign, or trade for a single player this summer who doesn't play two way basketball.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#57 » by fam3381 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Dome wrote:Man, I can't help but be a bit surprised to see some guys in here put Charlie V in front of Yi in the depth chart and even future plans after reading about how Yi was the new franchise player only a few months ago. What happened to Yi? :dontknow:

Yi hurt his wrist in January, started sucking while playing with the injury (and looking tired too), so now everyone thinks he sucks.

Also, CV has decided he'll play now that he's starting, and he's putting up big numbers offensively and on the glass.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#58 » by fam3381 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:43 pm

lawrybeard wrote:He is also somewhat of a black hole on offense, meaning team chemistry is not as high as it should be.

He definitely forces shots at times, especially when he's shooting well, but I think he's also been a willing passer most of the time. His ballhandling and passing is certainly much better than Yi's, so he's capable of driving and dropping it off--we saw him do that twice in Washington to get Bogut dunks. I criticize Charlie for a lot of things (well, really just defense and his scoring efficiency), but his passing is definitely pretty good for a PF. His turnover rate is also very respectable for a guy who puts the ball on the floor so much.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#59 » by showtimesam » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:55 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not big on the moves you propose because Mo is still on the roster. I think both Mo and Redd are not fun guys to play with. I think both guys need to go this offseason. They are both team cancers. I could live with Mo as sixth man in some situations, but think we need a full backcourt housecleaning.

If we could clean house in the backcourt and trade either CV or Yi along with simmons for something of value its a very successful offseason.

I would also love if Ramon could get minutes the rest of the season, because I really liked the little bit if him that I saw. He looks to penetrate and create, as well as having very good size at the pg spot. Which we haven't had since cassell.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#60 » by 6_Rings » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:07 pm

but ur team lost 4 of them. there is just no D in CV. how may pts did he give up relative to his output?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks