ImageImage

Charlie V's last five games

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,156

Post#21 » by midranger » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:57 am

I agree that CV was in a very bad situation this year from the get go.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,229

Post#22 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:00 am

Tonight AK47 was the difference in the game because even though he got those fouls called on him, he was stripping everybody who came into the lane.

Doesn't a Redd for AK47 trade solve a ton of problems? Play AK47 at the 3 spot. Then get a defensive PG. Also get a big SG like Brewer who is 6-7" with wingspan.

It could work......that AK47 for Redd/Brewer trade we tried to kindle up here last May would have been just what we needed.
midranger
RealGM

Post#23 » by midranger » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:01 am

I honestly think that given the chance, alot of guys could score points in this league. Maybe not 20-25 points, but in the teens/high teens. So I guess, to me, the points aren't the biggest deal (a huge reason why I soured on Redd). The thing I like most about CV is his nose for the ball on the glass. He is also a willing passer who makes some fantastic plays for others a couple times per game.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#24 » by Andrew34r » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:03 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Tonight AK47 was the difference in the game because even though he got those fouls called on him, he was stripping everybody who came into the lane.

Doesn't a Redd for AK47 trade solve a ton of problems? Play AK47 at the 3 spot. Then get a get a defensive PG. Also get a big SG like Brewer who is 6-7" with wingspan.

I would feel terrible for Deron Williams if that trade happened. The guy is a brilliant player..IMO a superstar already and than you put a black hole along side him. I would do that trade in a heartbeat now and I cant believe at one point I thought that was a bad trade. :rofl:
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#25 » by DH34Phan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:03 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Tonight AK47 was the difference in the game because even though he got those fouls called on him, he was stripping everybody who came into the lane.

Doesn't a Redd for AK47 trade solve a ton of problems? Play AK47 at the 3 spot. Then get a defensive PG. Also get a big SG like Brewer who is 6-7" with wingspan.

It could work......that AK47 for Redd/Brewer trade we tried to kindle up here last May would have been just what we needed.

The Jazz don't want Michael Redd.

They have Ronnie Brewer who will do everything Redd does, and play D, while on a rookie contract.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,263

Post#26 » by skones » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:05 am

In a scenario where Villanueva is preferred to Yi:

I'm really in favor of trading down in this draft and trying to pickup Collison/Augustin and Tyler Smith. Augustine, while he doesn't have the physical tools on the defensive end like Collison, puts in the effort on that end of the floor much like Deron Williams.

If Villanueva keeps this up, you go into free agency with:
Mo/Collison (Augustin)/Sessions
Redd/Bell
Smith/Mason/Simmons
Villanueva/Yi
Bogut/Gadzuric

With that, you have a lot of options regarding trading pieces in terms of Mo, Redd, and Yi. If you decide to keep everybody, you have a lot of versatility in your lineup.

EDIT: I'm in love with Tyler Smith's game and its fit for our team.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by DH34Phan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:13 am

I would see if the Clippers would be interested in a Yi/Bobby/Filler for Elton Brand.

Trade down with the Nets for 15 and 22, draft Darren Collison and DJ White.

PG: Mo Williams/ Darren Collison/ Ramon Sessions
SG: Michael Redd/ Charlie Bell
SF: Charlie Villanueva/ Desmond Mason
PF: Elton Brand/ DJ White
C: Andrew Bogut/ Dan Gadzuirc

See what you can do with Redd and Mo, but the 3-4-5 is great offensively, and pretty good defensively.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,268

Post#28 » by LUKE23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:18 am

I try and find someone to take Redd for a pick in the 9-13 range, and do what skones said. Collison/Smith would be ideal.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by DH34Phan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:19 am

LUKE23 wrote:I try and find someone to take Redd for a pick in the 9-13 range, and do what skones said. Collison/Smith would be ideal.

What about trying to swing Yi for Elton Brand?

A CV-Brand-Bogut front line would be dangerous. I realize Brand is like 7 years old than Yi, but I have a feeling we are going to have to wait at least 2 more seasons for Yi to do anything great.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,635

Post#30 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:20 am

It is very strange that we can find so many positives on such a god awful team. It seems like aside from our 2 biggest contracts, we are a solid team, and most of us are probably wanting us to go on a playoff run instead of tank for the high picks. Does anyone else see the irony in this?

Redd and Mo play the same position, and neither really helps us win. They are both Shooting Guards, but neither is elite at that, mostly because neither plays any defense. Both player's love to watch themselves shoot, and both like to bring the ball up and run the 7 second offense. Really, I think we need to dump both players, and center our team around a scoring unit of Bogut, CV, and Yi.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
midranger
RealGM

Post#31 » by midranger » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:43 am

DH34Phan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What about trying to swing Yi for Elton Brand?

Yes.

We've all been on the Brand train for years, but I think I was the first to push a Yi for Brand trade. Though I'd still trade Max, and I don't think that Yi would be enough to land Brand. Here's how it would go.

Yi
Our 1st
Simmons
Storey

for

Elton Brand
Clippers 2nd

Then...

Max
Gadz

for

Marbury
Balkman

And -poof- like that, our 3 most overpaid players are gone. In their place, we bring in a great bigman and a rugged defensive body at the three.

The leaves us with....

Mo
Mason
Villanueva
Brand
Bogut

Bell
Balkman
Noel
Sessions
2 high 2nds
Marbury's huge expiring deal
MLE
LLE

We'd need to target a big (center) with the MLE, and I think that Quintin Ross could be a nice target for the LLE.

Here's our team...

Mo (28 ) - Sessions (20)
Ross (20) - Mo (6) - Bell (22)
Villanueva (14) - Mason (20) - Balkman (14)
Brand (34) - CV (14)
Bogut (34) - MLE center (14)

Minute Breakdown

Mo: 34
Ross: 20
CV: 28
Brand: 34
Bogut: 34

Sessions: 20
Bell: 22
Mason: 20
Balkman: 14
MLE center: 14

Noel
2 2nd rounders
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#32 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:47 am

I don't know how I feel about trading for Marbury's contract. However, I think I go for both of those trades if they were presented.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
midranger
RealGM

Post#33 » by midranger » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:49 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:I don't know how I feel about trading for Marbury's contract. However, I think I go for both of those trades if they were presented.

Marbury's contract would be a great chip heading into the season. We wouldn't have to play him a minutes, but that huge expiring is priceless in the event that the team clicks and you have the opportunity to add a piece at the deadline like Detroit did with Rasheed.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by DH34Phan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:51 am

I like it Mid.

Don't forget we could get a nice backup C with our 2nd rounders...someone like Joey Dorsey.

If we can be smart and get an efficient SG in there, that team is pretty solid.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#35 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:59 am

midranger wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Marbury's contract would be a great chip heading into the season. We wouldn't have to play him a minutes, but that huge expiring is priceless in the event that the team clicks and you have the opportunity to add a piece at the deadline like Detroit did with Rasheed.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of players that we couldn't get to come to Milwaukee even if we offered them 3 times their value. And that, precisely, is what we have done in the past to keep our free agents here.
midranger
RealGM

Post#36 » by midranger » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:01 am

I think the common belief is that you need scoring at EVERY position. This is not the case. You need a go-to guy and a second and/or third guy to get hot when the first guy is off. Then, you need a couple of opportunity guys who will get the hustle points, but otherwise keep the ball moving efficiently.

Here's how the scoring should break down for the team I threw together...

Mo: 16 points
Ross: 5 points
Villanueva: 14 points
Brand: 20 points
Bogut: 14 points

Sessions: 4 points
Bell: 10 points
Mason: 7 points
Balkman: 4 points
MLE center: 2 points

That adds up to 96 ppg and IMO is completely realistic in expectation. The defens would be markedly better by adding a quality wing defender to the starting lineup, as well as a very good post/weakside defender in Brand. Also, this lineup should completely dominate the glass, allowing little in the way of second chance points.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#37 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:03 am

Unfortunately, we would have to go through an entire season with Marbury getting 25+ minutes per game. That could be brutal, but another interesting idea is trying to re-trade Marbury's expiring for a star player. Just a thought.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,853

Post#38 » by emunney » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:06 am

We could just tell Marbury to stay in NY.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
midranger
RealGM

Post#39 » by midranger » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:07 am

Why would Marbury play at all?

The idea would be to flip his deal for a star player at the dealine if the team clicked and looked to be making a playoff run. If it were floundering, we'd simply hold on to that deal and let it expire to give flexibility elsewhere. Either way, I'd never want to see Marbury on the court.
okanoho
Senior
And1: 1

Post#40 » by okanoho » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:19 am

Andrew34r wrote:hmmm very good offensive numbers.

The rebounds are nice but the guy is easily the worst defender on this team and probably in the league. Nothing that everyone doesnt already know though.

Note: if he is the worst defender in bucks, he cannot NOT be the worst defender in that position in NBA

Return to Milwaukee Bucks