ImageImage

The Kohl's grocery bag revolt (Saturday, March 15th-Celtics)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#361 » by trwi7 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:50 pm

NBAGENIUS wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not arguing that he's a great owner, 9 playoff seasons in last 20 years...not bad.

The graph from (adamz) shows a lot, but you have to remember there are 30 teams in the NBA...not every team can have a 70 percent win %. Using probability and odds formulas based on 30 teams...

Anyways, I just think if you rub Kohl the wrong way...he may just open his market up to people who want to move the team.

Over half the teams in the league make the playoffs. We've been there less than half the time in the past 20 years. If we don't make it this year (very likely) we'll have been to the playoffs 6 times in the past 17 years. That's abysmal, there is no defending that when over half the teams in the league make the playoffs.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#362 » by THE DINJ » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Since we're in graph mode, here's our record over the course of the season:

Playoffs here we come, baby!
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#363 » by crkone » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:15 pm

We are not protesting the Bucks altogether since we are still attending the game. This should show Kohl that we are sick of the mediocrity and we want him to trust the basketball decisions to the people that are getting paid to do that, i.e. the GM and the scouts. Give the GM full power to do what is necessary to bring this franchise back to its winning ways from over 20 years ago. Let the GM assemble the team that lets it complement itself, not overlap itself.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,244

Post#364 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Dinj, a request...can you repeat that same graph but use the results from the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons? I really liked it......I'd like to see if we can determine a trend.....
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#365 » by kebzach » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:50 pm

NBAGENIUS wrote:
Do you guys really believe pissing off an owner who has vouched for the Bucks to stay in Milwaukee is the right thing to do?

I honestly don't see anything wrong with Kohl.

Why is Kohl so bad and why does everyone want Harris' head???

If this is the only way that the NBA can stay in Milwaukee, with a meddling old dumb man like Kohl at the helm...then move the Bucks now and save us the time and the effort of being fans.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#366 » by THE DINJ » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:00 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Dinj, a request...can you repeat that same graph but use the results from the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons? I really liked it......I'd like to see if we can determine a trend.....

You mean, besides downwards?

bigdog13
Junior
And1: 6

Post#367 » by bigdog13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:55 pm

anyone going to be wearing the what the buck! shirts?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#368 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:13 pm

Thanks for doing those graphs. I'd be curious how those track with other teams over 4-5 year stretches....

I realize that a bad team will continually fall more games below .500 as the season wears on.....but at some point, most teams have a year like we see with Philly where they actually improve as the season goes on......these teams rookies start to get it in the second half......and maybe they make a mid-season trade that improves the second half performance.

But for us.....nah......we just keep falling off the cliff come Feb-Mar-Apr....
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#369 » by LarryHarris » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:14 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Buy $10 tickets from GAD. They'll be next to eachother if you buy them from him.

My buddy and I are planning on coming for sure... do we just meet at Fitzgibbon's and buy the tickets from him there then?
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#370 » by trwi7 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:16 pm

LarryHarris wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

My buddy and I are planning on coming for sure... do we just meet at Fitzgibbon's and buy the tickets from him there then?

If I'm understanding this correctly then yes.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#371 » by crkone » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:16 pm

LarryHarris wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Send out an email to fanrevolt@gmail.com with number of tickets wanted and you should get a reply.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,256

Post#372 » by Sigra » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:30 pm

NBAGENIUS wrote:Let's stand put here with the addition of a starting point guard.

Starting point guard and coach. With real play maker and leader at PG and with real coach this team would be above .500 right now.
But that is true for most teams in NBA.

Kohl doesn't want to spend on coach (he did on Karl but never after that) and real coaches doesn't want to coach here. At the same time Kohl paid more than he had for PG who is shooter without defense.

Yes, it is "simple": real PG and real coach. And yet most of us lost any hope that this owner can solve that "simple" problem.

I am in Europe. If I am not I would be with my friends with bag on my head.

Good luck guys. May the force be with you
Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#373 » by Dags » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:35 pm

The email address should have been bucksfansarerevolting@gmail.com

The pun would have been true on both counts.
Das ist nümberwang!
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#374 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:02 pm

This will be in a separate locked sticky

Meet @ Fitzgibbons Irish Pub on Water Street prior to the game.
I would like everyone to arrive by 6:20pm

We will wait a bit for anyone running late, and during that time, people can have ONE drink at Fitzgibbons (please do not have more than one, you can do plenty of drinking AFTER the game) and introduce themselves to some of the other participants. You can also obtain a paper grocery bag during this time from one of our loyal soldiers. We will attempt to have enough extras for people, but if you can bring your own, that would be good. Please bring 3 bags with eye and mouth holes cut out that you will be able to see and speak out of. I suggest trying on your bags after you make them to make sure the holes are aligned properly. If not, make new bags. Try to choose bags with the least amount of store writing or artwork on them as you are able to. DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING ON THE BAGS.
And do not wear anything with any derogatory writing on it that might give an usher cause harass you.

BTW, if you have any last minute people that would like to participate, bring them with! The tickets will only cost you $10, and you can recover a significant portion of that $10 cost by turning your ticket in for a free drink at VI Degrees on Water Street just north of Clybourn. I will be going there and taking as many people as will follow me there for someone's birthday after the WSSP Farmers Insurance Basketball Post Game Show at Fitzgibbons wraps up around midnight.

At 6:35pm we will proceed to the currently closed back room at Fitzgibbons (Fitz has agreed to let us use it) for a short meeting to go over the final details of the pre-game demonstration. There are reasons that those details must wait until then. I will also briefly address any last minute questions people might have at that time.

At approximately 6:50pm we will start looking for the next shuttle bus to the Bradley Center.

For those that can't meet us at Fitzgibbons prior to the game, you can still be part of the in-your-seat demonstrations.

When the first timeout occurs with less than 6 minutes in the first quarter, everyone in the Bradley Center taking part should put on their bags and leave them on until at least halftime.

If you leave your seat, you should remove your bag first and hide it again, since you will have to walk past an usher to exit the seating area and then enter it again and it is preferable to avoid any potential harassment from the ushers. If you feel compelled to put your bag back on while you are doing whatever you need to do in the concourse, whether that be going to the bathroom or going to the concessions (I do discourage concessions purchases though, if you can avoid giving that extra money to Kohl that would be preferable, and I really discourage any alcohol purchases during this demonstration. Wait until the bars afterwards please), by all means put your bag on while you are walking around if you want.

For the second half, the in-seat demonstration will follow the same formula as the first half. When the first timeout occurs with less than 6 minutes in the third quarter, everyone in the Bradley Center taking part should put on their bags and leave them on for the rest of the game and keep them on for as long as they can while they are still in visual range of the Bradley Center after the game is over..

Do not attempt to walk into the Bradley Center wearing your bags. Do not attempt to carry them in your hand. Smuggle them into the Bradley Center however you choose. Inside your jacket, shirt, pants, socks, boots, etc.
You get the idea.

I encourage people to take as many pictures of what is going on around them as possible and then find a way to submit them to me and/or post them on the forum.

It's go time people.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,152

Post#375 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:13 pm

I'm gonna try to watch this on the Boston broadcast. My guess is FSN Wisconsin won't show anything.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#376 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:18 pm

DB...maybe you or FAM or someone with league pass outside market could dvr the Boston feed and upload it tomorrow if it somehow gets on TV......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,152

Post#377 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:21 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:DB...maybe you or FAM or someone with league pass outside market could dvr the Boston feed and upload it tomorrow if it somehow gets on TV......

I'm not sure how to do it, but I'll give it a shot.
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#378 » by LarryHarris » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:26 pm

GAD- do u still have tix for sale. i e-mailed but havent heard back
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#379 » by aboveAverage » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:28 pm

Again, it was not wise to post every detail about your plan on a forum that is read daily by bucks staff. I'm sure they will have the ushers all ready for this.

But, that being said, I wish all of you who are participating good luck. I have to work tonight until 9, but I'll catch the end of the game on TV and hopefully I'll see you guys. I wonder if Jim/Jon will mention you guys at all. My guess is no, but that should not discourage anyone from doing this. We as fans need to make a statement. I am proud of anyone who is doing this tonight.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#380 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:DB...maybe you or FAM or someone with league pass outside market could dvr the Boston feed and upload it tomorrow if it somehow gets on TV......

Ah yes, I forgot to mention this.

I put in a call to Comcast Sports New England earlier in the week to give them the heads up getting footage of our revolt for their broadcast. We'll see if they end up actually doing it.

I know we're not supposed to link to them anymore, but there are some people here who know how to access internet streams of various TV feeds, so maybe they can snag this footage that way for us.

LarryHarris wrote:GAD- do u still have tix for sale. i e-mailed but havent heard back

Yes.
Sorry. I'm working on responding to all of my messages and I'm not caught up yet.

Come to Fitzgibbons.
I will have $10 tickets for you guys.

aboveAverage wrote:Again, it was not wise to post every detail about your plan on a forum that is read daily by bucks staff. I'm sure they will have the ushers all ready for this.

I agree. But you are incorrect that EVERY detail has been posted here. I am purposely not revealing some of the details here. You get more of them on the email list and even more of them I will reveal IN PERSON.

They will not be able to thwart my plans.
97-98

Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,

I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks