ImageImage

The Kohl's grocery bag revolt (Saturday, March 15th-Celtics)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#281 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:17 am

celticfan42487 wrote:"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

-Margaret Mead

I'll be keeping a lookout

Celtics fans will have to be the ones to do so. FSN Wisconsin wouldn't dare show it, but Comcast Boston would.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#282 » by Nowak008 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:27 am

Ruben Douglas wrote:I'm considering the option of going. Haven't been to a Bucks game since last season and that was only because I my buddy scored me a free seat in a luxury box. Are you guys meeting up somewhere before hand? If you are send me an email.

dmgrama@gmail.com

We are going to be meeting up some time before the game. We aren't exactly sure where yet, but it is going to be on water street.

I would like to meet at Fitzgibons. It is where the post game show is going to be after words, and it is very easy to just hop on the shuttle bus that takes us directly over to the BC. GAD wants to meet at 6 degrees before the game because he is worried about space. He wants to be sure everyone can get together and listen to him go over the plan.

If neither of those work we can probably just go over to Mcgillicuties. Whatver spot is chosen its going to be on Water.

Hope to see you there! We still have tickets.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#283 » by Nowak008 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:29 am

Ruben Douglas wrote:I'm considering the option of going. Haven't been to a Bucks game since last season and that was only because I my buddy scored me a free seat in a luxury box. Are you guys meeting up somewhere before hand? If you are send me an email.

dmgrama@gmail.com

We are going to be meeting up some time before the game. We aren't exactly sure where yet, but it is going to be on water street.

I would like to meet at Fitzgibons. It is where the post game show is going to be after words, and it is very easy to just hop on the shuttle bus that takes us directly over to the BC. GAD wants to meet at 6 degrees before the game because he is worried about space. He wants to be sure everyone can get together and listen to him go over the plan.

If neither of those work we can probably just go over to Mcgillicuties. Whatver spot is chosen its going to be on Water.

Hope to see you there! We still have tickets.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#284 » by Andrew34r » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:03 am

I think somewhere near Fitz would be best. That way after GAD goes over the plan I can hand out bags to those that want them at Fitz's. But whatever happens im alright with...I just want to make sure that non Real GMers that are maybe just WSSP listeners or other disgruntled Bucks fans can gets bags.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#285 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:22 am

Nowak008 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We are going to be meeting up some time before the game.

Not just some time.
6:20pm, as has been mentioned on the email list.

Nowak008 wrote: We aren't exactly sure where yet, but it is going to be on water street.

Correct.

Nowak008 wrote:I would like to meet at Fitzgibons. It is where the post game show is going to be after words, and it is very easy to just hop on the shuttle bus that takes us directly over to the BC.

I'm glad I now have to spend time going over that on here since you felt compelled to mention your disagreement here rather than wait until I had ironed out the details. I am still waiting for a phone call to be returned on that.
This is not helpful to the cause.

And either way we will be taking that shuttle bus to the BC and then back from the BC to Fitzgibbons afterwards for the WSSP Post Game Show (although not everyone is going to be joining us so that won't even be as big of a plus for them).

If we meet at VI Degrees first, it will be very easy for people as I will park them RIGHT outside VI Degrees for free. Then after that people can get right back in their cars right outside the door to VI Degrees and go put their car wherever they were going to put it if they would have parked closer to Fitzgibbons in the first place. Stopping at VI Degrees first is an extra step that is going to tack on an extra 5 minutes of time. It is on the same street as Fitzgibbons, 2 minutes away by car.

Also, while we can hope that we can all ride over there on one bus, that is not a safe assumption. Sometimes those buses are pretty empty, but other times they can get reasonably full. I've been on them in both cases. Depending on how many other people are on that part of Water Street taking that bus and depending on what kind of numbers we are looking at, we might not even get all of our people over there on one shuttle bus. That means people will have to stay behind and wait for another bus or just walk to the Bradley Center.

Nowak008 wrote: GAD wants to meet at 6 degrees before the game because he is worried about space. He wants to be sure everyone can get together and listen to him go over the plan.

I know that I have the right kind of space there as I was able to make arrangements for it a couple weeks ago.
Fitzgibbons does not have that kind of space. The physical dimensions of that bar do not allow for clumping that many people together like that for them to be able to hear someone speak and be able to ask any last minute questions. And we also can't assume that we can just take over the bar like that. I'm still waiting to hear back from Fitz (he wasn't there yesterday).

The outdoor bar behind Fitzgibbons has better configured space than the main bar (although still not as much space and not as well configured as the space I have at VI Degrees), but it is closed down for the winter and Fitz has a bunch of stuff laying all over the place back there (at least he did a couple weeks ago) and for all I know has more stuff scattered about back there now

Now get being difficult about this. :)
I've already told you that we will do Fitzgibbons if I can make it work, otherwise we will do VI Degrees and that I will inform people of which place it will be shortly once I find out what I need to find out. The time is the same either way. The street it is on is the same either way. The two places are 2 minutes away from each other by car. If people can't handle being flexible enough to have to wait on finding out which place, then they are not going to be able to handle participating in the kind of coordinated demonstration we will be engaging in.
All this public lobbying did was to make me detour here and make me post this.

And if it isn't public lobbying on your part, than you once again didn't listen well to instructions on something related to this, since I said that I don't want to spend time discussing this on the board :)

Andrew34r wrote:I think somewhere near Fitz would be best. That way after GAD goes over the plan I can hand out bags to those that want them at Fitz's. But whatever happens im alright with...I just want to make sure that non Real GMers that are maybe just WSSP listeners or other disgruntled Bucks fans can gets bags.

I have already taken that concern into account and have an easy solution for that. Don't worry.

BTW, if anyone wants to spread the word to the non-RealGM crowd, they can give out the email address fanrevolt@gmail.com
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#286 » by paul » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:56 am

Good luck guys, many of us will be there in spirit. Hope to catch you on FSN but not holding my breath!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,418

Post#287 » by trwi7 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Just heard GAD on the Doug Russell Show. He totally didn't understand what GAD was trying to say. GAD did a pretty good job of relaying the message giving out the email address for the revolt. I think Dan Kyle still might be afraid to say anything bad about the Bucks. Maybe he still thinks he works at WTMJ.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Matt Foley
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#288 » by Matt Foley » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Nowak008 wrote:We aren't exactly sure where yet, but it is going to be on water street.

How about A Werner Silversmiths 1241 N Water?
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#289 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:09 pm

I was just on the Doug Russel show for about 8 minutes talking about this and Doug Russel had me give out this website and I also gave out the fanrevolt@gmail.com email address I made, so we might get a bunch of people stopping by our site that aren't familiar with it. Hopefully, anyway.

That was actually a pretty good hour of radio they just had starting at 7am. All about the Bucks. Started with a good interview with Scott Williams.

And I appreciate Doug giving me a few minutes to talk about this.

I got up at 5 am to make sure I'd have a chance to promote this during whenever they were going to do a Bucks segment, so hopefully that was worth it.
97-98

Movieman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#290 » by Movieman » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:24 pm

trwi7 wrote:Just heard GAD on the Doug Russell Show. He totally didn't understand what GAD was trying to say. GAD did a pretty good job of relaying the message giving out the email address for the revolt. I think Dan Kyle still might be afraid to say anything bad about the Bucks. Maybe he still thinks he works at WTMJ.

I heard it as well. You get the impression that this revolt makes the of the folks over there on WSSP nervous, and want to distance themselves from it in case it doesn't go well.

At the same time if it's successful they'll probably try to take some of the credit.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#291 » by Nowak008 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Agreed on a good hour of bucks basketball coverage. My only problem is that he acts like a casual fan on a lot of issues. Allen unquestioned hall of famer with great leadership skills, we botched the dirk trade, ivey is a great defender etc.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Post#292 » by crkone » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:29 pm

That irked me that you didn't call him out GAD on Ivey being a good defender. :lol:
Matt Foley
Banned User

Post#293 » by Matt Foley » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:34 pm

so were they more supportive then gary and cliff?

im sure they can't really support it fully...
crkone
RealGM

Post#294 » by crkone » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Matt Foley wrote:so were they more supportive then gary and cliff?

They can't if they don't want to get blackballed. Over time I'm sure we'll find out what they really think.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#295 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:54 pm

Matt Foley wrote:so were they more supportive then gary and cliff?

The way Doug handled it was perfectly fine. He didn't take a firm stance on it one way or the other, but he treated it as something news worthy related to the Milwaukee Bucks and devoted some time to it allowing me to talk about it and advocate for it.

No complaints from me.
I understand the position Doug is in and I approve of how he is dealing with it.
97-98

crkone
RealGM

Post#296 » by crkone » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:19 pm

We should all try to email Rome@haveatake.com and try to voice this thing on there today. Or even the Dan Patrick show. If he gets enough emails, I think he may blurb about it.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#297 » by fam3381 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:45 pm

I've written a post about the revolt...sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I wanted to give it more than just a casual link. Hopefully I didn't misrepresent anyone's intentions, please let me know if I did. I've passed it along to Henry at TrueHoop so it's possible he'll include it in his links this afternoon, but I can't guarantee that.

http://www.brewhoop.com/storyonly/2008/3/14/103649/531
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#298 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:01 pm

fam3381 wrote:I've written a post about the revolt...sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I wanted to give it more than just a casual link. Hopefully I didn't misrepresent anyone's intentions, please let me know if I did. I've passed it along to Henry at TrueHoop so it's possible he'll include it in his links this afternoon, but I can't guarantee that.

I just read it.

Excellent work.
97-98

Matt Foley
Banned User

Post#299 » by Matt Foley » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:06 pm

cool..

maybe i'll look around today and see if they even sell blank paper grocery bags
crkone
RealGM

Post#300 » by crkone » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:07 pm

fam3381 wrote:I've written a post about the revolt...sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I wanted to give it more than just a casual link. Hopefully I didn't misrepresent anyone's intentions, please let me know if I did. I've passed it along to Henry at TrueHoop so it's possible he'll include it in his links this afternoon, but I can't guarantee that.

Great post. I think you've touched on exactly what everyone is thinking. I just wish there was a way to get this through to the general public, as in the real reason for the revolt. Not with just the product on the court, but the total makeup of the organization that puts the product on the court.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks