ImageImage

Another version of team meeting

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#81 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:53 pm

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And the Bucks had their 2nd highest scoring output in over almost three months. Imagine that.

I don't expect anyone to know my history or opinions, but I have been a Mo supporter and a Redd supporter thru and thru.

I am not one to call Mo or Redd "chuckers", but last night in the fourth quarter I was just not happy with Mo or Redd's decisions.

There has to be some sort of happy medium between the guards taking shots from outside and also working the ball inside to Bogut.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#82 » by BuckFan25226 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:38 pm

This story makes more a little more sense. Especially since the way our offense looked last night. We played well, just happened to run into the one of the best teams in the league.

As far as Yi, at this point in his career he would flourish in last years offense. He can run with anyone and we all know how he shoots.

Side note, unfortunately Mr. Redd went brain dead once again in crunch time.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#83 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:42 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:
Side note, unfortunately Mr. Redd went brain dead once again in crunch time.

i agree with your whole post but i just wanted to add that i think that shot may have been the worst shot selection in nba history
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,402

Post#84 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:52 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i agree with your whole post but i just wanted to add that i think that shot may have been the worst shot selection in nba history

But Gery Woelfel said it was a good shot. He was wide open! :lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,252

Post#85 » by Sigra » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:54 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Good to see CBQ is still keeping up with Ilhan.

:)

:lol: I doubt it. Although this girl is also not big fan of Bogut. That is actually our main discussion in our e-mails. She atacks Bogut and I defend him. She thinks that he is not good fit for modern basketball because he can't hit jumpers. She thinks that power centers and that kind of game is thing of past. She thinks that all scoring centers/PFs in modern NBA can and do hit jumpers. She was talking about Ming, Duncan, Gasol, Rasheed, Okur, Boozer, Z, Krstic, Bosh, Dirk, Garnett, Randolph, West, JO, Aldridge, Jamison, Harington, Kaman, Amare, Miller and how they all can hit jumpers. She see no future at offense for Bogut because he can't and because he is not strong as Howard (although she is not big fan of Howard eather). She likes Bogut's defense but don't have any hope for his offense in modern NBA. She thinks that NBA is going to be more and more guard oriented and role of centers will become mostly to play defense. Crazy girl ha?

She likes Yi though (probably because he can hit jumpers :lol: ). She thinks that he is future of Bucks and next Dirk.

She said that she was posting on JSOnline forum a little but doesn't have time to participate on forums anymore. In her first e-mail to me, few years ago, she called me "forum legend" and I kind of liked her after that :lol:
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#86 » by REDDzone » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:55 pm

Interesting take on it Sigra, and thanks for posting.

Its tough to know what to believe happened, I wish we had more context.

I do give weight to the fact that Bucksskinsfan pretty much agreed with Europa's report on the situation though. Bucksskins fan has reported new lineups and injuries to us in the past, and given good information on things such as the potential NY trade that was consistent with xtitan's info.

Interesting all around, maybe Woeful or someone will get to the bottom of it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#87 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:58 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i'd like to know where exactly michael redd was when that was said
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#88 » by BobbyLight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:02 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Besides the 6'11 guy right in his face he was!!!!
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#89 » by BobbyLight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:07 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And yet another horrible defensive outing.....the bottom line is simple...its impossible to win with the current cast of characters.

The defense has been horrible all year. Last night was nothing new. The offense, however looked really good. So shouldn't we try and be good on at least one side of the ball, intead of being absolutley terrible on both sides.

The week or so where we forced it to Bogut gave us some wins against some of the worst teams in the leauge. Last night Bogut was used sparingly and we almost beat one of the best teams. People keep talking about how awful we are at defense and it is 100% accurate. So why suck on offense as well. We are a jump shooting team that works best at a fast pace. I say use Sttots offense untill we have a group of players that can be better at something else. This team will never, ever excell at a grind it out style of game.

I agree with you that this team isn't put together to be anything more than 1st round fodder (if really, really lucky). But for now we have a whol bunch of peremiter players, we might as well play like a permiter team for now.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,252

Post#90 » by Sigra » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:15 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:This story makes more a little more sense. Especially since the way our offense looked last night.

Yup. But it could also be just Bogut resting his hip. We will see after all star brake
icat2000
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#91 » by icat2000 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:18 pm

Bucks lost last night with Chucky offense. So it might have looked good for awhile. It's still a loss. And highlighted that the Chucks are not good decision makers in the fourth.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#92 » by BobbyLight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:21 pm

icat2000 wrote:Bucks lost last night with Chucky offense. So it might have looked good for awhile. It's still a loss. And highlighted that the Chucks are not good decision makers in the fourth.

If this was the former offense it could've been a 30 or 40 point losses (see several previous examples this year). This team is going to lose and I am not even arguing that it's a weel built team. But for here and now we are a much better peremiter team than anything else. Why not play to our current strentghs? What did making Bogut the focus do for us?
jerrod
RealGM

Post#93 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:27 pm

icat2000 wrote:Bucks lost last night with Chucky offense. So it might have looked good for awhile. It's still a loss. And highlighted that the Chucks are not good decision makers in the fourth.

ok, first off, we just lost to one of the best teams in the league

secondly, stop making it plural, it was redd in the 4th last night and he took some bad shots but we were still right there at the end.

then he took the worst shot in the history of the nba and we lost

edit: and i believe bogut only averaged 2 less shots than his season average, just remember that if cv had been playing he would have had a bunch of shots in the post that just weren't smart to give to yi
icat2000
RealGM

Post#94 » by icat2000 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:28 pm

2ss2ls wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If this was the former offense it could've been a 30 or 40 point losses (see several previous examples this year). This team is going to lose and I am not even arguing that it's a weel built team. But for here and now we are a much better peremiter team than anything else. Why not play to our current strentghs? What did making Bogut the focus do for us?
I'm talking about a balance. Chucks orientated offense gets Bucks, what 8th seed, first round exit at best. Right?

The problem is playing with your Chucks style basketball is yeah it might keep you close, but they are such poor decision makers in the fourth that they fail to close the game out, many instances over the past three seasons of that. I guess some are happy with 8th seed first round exit results . .

If Management want to go that way, fine, go that way and trade the pieces out that don't fit. But make a decision either way and move on . .
icat2000
RealGM

Post#95 » by icat2000 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:30 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ok, first off, we just lost to one of the best teams in the league

secondly, stop making it plural, it was redd in the 4th last night and he took some bad shots but we were still right there at the end.

then he took the worst shot in the history of the nba and we lost
I will make it plural because it applies to both. Mo in his PG play in the fourth and Redd in his shot selection.

Like I said, its still a loss. How many games were the Bucks in it to the end to lose it in the fourth and what happened in the fourth that caused them to lose them??
jerrod
RealGM

Post#96 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:35 pm

icat2000 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I will make it plural because it applies to both. Mo in his PG play in the fourth and Redd in his shot selection.

Like I said, its still a loss. How many games were the Bucks in it to the end to lose it in the fourth and what happened in the fourth that caused them to lose them??

how does chucking not apply to shot selection?

anyways, check out the edit too

but teams don't normally go from being in the lottery to being perfect crunch time performers overnight. that kind of thing takes coaching, experience and time
icat2000
RealGM

Post#97 » by icat2000 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:39 pm

Bogut might have been one possible option. It's about making better decisions, passing i.e like Bell did to Yi for the jumper. Not the sole reliance by Mo/Redd to take it upon themselves to close out the win. Because we know that they often fail than succeed when they try and take it upon themselves.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#98 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:41 pm

:rofl: ..........people are hoping for the duck and chuck offense led by the fantastic backcourt....have to love that.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#99 » by BobbyLight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:44 pm

icat2000 wrote:Bogut might have been one possible option. It's about making better decisions, passing i.e like Bell did to Yi for the jumper. Not the sole reliance by Mo/Redd to take it upon themselves to close out the win. Because we know that they often fail than succeed when they try and take it upon themselves.

Sounded to me like the play was specifically for Mike drawn up by the head coach. As bad of a shot as it was, that was the play and that's what happened. It wasn't Redd running some random play for himself.

And the whole issue of losing in the 4th quarter based on bad choices.... We got a young team with a young coach and everyone is mad at each other. What do you expect? Right now "chucking" (is shooting 50% from 2 and 53% from 3 really chucking?) is our best option.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#100 » by BobbyLight » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:46 pm

xTitan wrote::rofl: ..........people are hoping for the duck and chuck offense led by the fantastic backcourt....have to love that.

I am hoping we trade Redd and/or Mo.... but since that isn't going to happen I'd like to see the Bucks not get blown out of every game. Forcing it to Bogut gets us blown out. Mixing it up (ala last night) gets us a near win against the west's best. What else do you suggest we do on the offensive end with the team as currently constructed?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks