ImageImage

Another version of team meeting

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#61 » by Fight the Tank » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:34 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Absolutely...he was not great but he wa s a natural PG who knew how to run a team and although he got posted up he never was beaten easily off the dribble....trading Ford before having a replacement was the beginning of this teams downfall.

Or you could say believing in Mo was this teams downfall.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#62 » by Wade-A-Holic » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Like I said, Larry K is the most unimaginative offensive basketball coach in NBA history. A smart coach would have tried to work on concocting an offensive system that takes advantage of our perimeter players as well as Bogut's inside ability. Last year's system severely sells our inside game short while this year's system has severely cut our perimeter's productivity.

Why can't we run the triangle that Larry K installed in camp but hasn't used since? We have the pieces for it and it has always been the kind of offense that gets everybody involved.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,632

Post#63 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:37 pm

I can't and won't reveal my source on this, but for those of you who think Bogut let Mo's comments slide need to
CHECK THIS OUT
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Stopshere2
Head Coach
And1: 38

Post#64 » by Stopshere2 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:42 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I can't and won't reveal my source on this, but for those of you who think Bogut let Mo's comments slide need to
CHECK THIS OUT

The equivalent of being rick-rolled. But I did see Tony James in the background smiling ;)
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,122

Post#65 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:43 pm

Wade-A-Holic wrote:Like I said, Larry K is the most unimaginative offensive basketball coach in NBA history. A smart coach would have tried to work on concocting an offensive system that takes advantage of our perimeter players as well as Bogut's inside ability. Last year's system severely sells our inside game short while this year's system has severely cut our perimeter's productivity.

Why can't we run the triangle that Larry K installed in camp but hasn't used since? We have the pieces for it and it has always been the kind of offense that gets everybody involved.

Or our inside game was extremely overrated in terms of ability and the fact that we're trying to force it into existence at the expense of our outside shooting is now the problem haunting the offense the most.

Last year we could get pissed when the post was ignored because, frankly, no one knew how good it was. Are we now just seeing that we really don't have a legit weapon down there and that a perimeter based approach is really the only way to make our offense explosive enough to hide the atrocious defense?

*waits for the backlash*
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#66 » by 75totheMACCfund » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:46 pm

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He didn't know.

BuckSkins Fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am here reading along. I dont think I should comment on this because everyone will know where it came from. Its more than obvious that the media, and the bucks read this site. It seems like the Bucks went out of there way to have Jim and Jon say its not true....kinda like the Mo/ Tony Brown incident europa was dead on with......catch my drift.....

seems like he is corroborating europa's version there.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#67 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Bogutneedsball wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Or you could say believing in Mo was this teams downfall.

I can say with a relatively degree of certainty, Mo was not thought of as a long term solution....circumstances and the fact that finding a true QB and leader is not easy. Thats why trading TJ before you had a long term answer was wrong.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#68 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Or our inside game was extremely overrated in terms of ability and the fact that we're trying to force it into existence at the expense of our outside shooting is now the problem haunting the offense the most.

Last year we could get pissed when the post was ignored because, frankly, no one knew how good it was. Are we now just seeing that we really don't have a legit weapon down there and that a perimeter based approach is really the only way to make our offense explosive enough to hide the atrocious defense?

*waits for the backlash*

no backlash, just think you are dead wrong....Bogut is a low post presence who now gets double teamed in the post almost everytime he touches the ball...problem is there is not one player on this team who knows how to or has the desire to make a quality post pass.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#69 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:53 pm

no backlash, just think you are dead wrong....Bogut is a low post presence who now gets double teamed in the post almost everytime he touches the ball...problem is there is not one player on this team who knows how to or has the desire to make a quality post pass.

Having TJ on this roster, with a $40M extension would've killed this team.

Right now the kid can't even stay on the floor and I seriously doubt he will still be playing basketball when his deal is up.

The TJ trade had to go down due to his health issues alone.

Right now CV is infinitely more tradeable than TJ ever will be.

TJ is the definition of untradeable right now.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#70 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:55 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Having TJ on this roster, with a $40M extension would've killed this team.

Right now the kid can't even stay on the floor and I seriously doubt he will still be playing basketball when his deal is up.

The TJ trade had to go down due to his health issues alone.

Right now CV is infinitely more tradeable than TJ ever will be.

TJ is the definition of untradeable right now.

First off TJ Ford was not traded because of health issues.....I was also not looking back in hindsight, was referring more to the player TJ was, not is.....but that ability to be all-seeing does come in handy;)
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#71 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:00 pm

Bingo Bango this is the correct answer.

Tell our contestant what he has won.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#72 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:02 pm

First off TJ Ford was not traded because of health issues.....I was also not looking back in hindsight, was referring more to the player TJ was, not is.....but that ability to be all-seeing does come in handy;)

I believe that he wasn't traded solely due to health issues.

We had two point guards and we needed a power forward.

Seems like an easy enough swap.

But TJ's pending contract, his health issues, his horrid defense and CV being on a rookie scale for two more years had to all be factors in the deal.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#73 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:06 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I believe that he wasn't traded solely due to health issues.

We had two point guards and we needed a power forward.

Seems like an easy enough swap.

But TJ's pending contract, his health issues, his horrid defense and CV being on a rookie scale for two more years had to all be factors in the deal.

TJ Ford is not a horrid defender.....Ford had problems getting posted up and was abused mostly by Billups and Baron Davis...but Ford was a very good ball defender, he did not get beaten easily to the basket, nothing like now. Ford was dealt because he and Redd could not live together, the fact is he probably would have left here in free agency because of that.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#74 » by showtimesam » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Sounds like a logical account of the meeting. Last night was pretty much the stotts offense.

It may help us win 35 games or so in a season, but we'll never do much better than that with the mo/redd backcourt.

I wish Kohl would just extend Harris and let him make the moves HE wants. From all of their statements, it would appear harris is in full support of LK and making Bogut's post game a priority.

I'm sure he would be willing to break up that backcourt to craft a better team.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#75 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:20 pm

TJ Ford is not a horrid defender.....Ford had problems getting posted up and was abused mostly by Billups and Baron Davis...but Ford was a very good ball defender, he did not get beaten easily to the basket, nothing like now. Ford was dealt because he and Redd could not live together, the fact is he probably would have left here in free agency because of that.

Yeah, you are right on that account. TJ had the lateral quickness and desire to at least stop dribble penetration which Mo just lets thru like a rock thru a wet piece of toilet paper.

Was the dissension between the two because of TJ's brash attitude or his displeasure in Redd's shot happy game?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#76 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:23 pm

showtimesam wrote:Sounds like a logical account of the meeting. Last night was pretty much the stotts offense.

It may help us win 35 games or so in a season, but we'll never do much better than that with the mo/redd backcourt.

I wish Kohl would just extend Harris and let him make the moves HE wants. From all of their statements, it would appear harris is in full support of LK and making Bogut's post game a priority.

Yep, last night was Chuckfest 2008.

The same show we've seen for years except we all know how this rerun ends.

Bogut got the ball late in the third, converted and Jon just says "thats what I'm talking about".

We're so much more effective when we work inside out. Not just outside, outside, outside.

Many here are bitching "Bogut is reverting back to his invisible self, he can't even keep his rebounds up"

Well, when you only get 8 shots in a game and are working your arse off setting screens for guards or holding the ball in the high post, not too many rebounds are going to come your way and it's pretty easy to get taken out of the offense.

I am hoping for a slightly different team after the all star break.
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#77 » by showtimesam » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:49 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
showtimesam wrote:Sounds like a logical account of the meeting. Last night was pretty much the stotts offense.

Yep, last night was Chuckfest 2008.

Bogut got the ball late in the third, converted and Jon just says "thats what I'm talking about".

We're so much more effective when we work inside out. Not just outside, outside, outside.

Many here are bitching "Bogut is reverting back to his invisible self, he can't even keep his rebounds up"

Well, when you only get 8 shots in a game and are working your arse off setting screens for guards or holding the ball in the high post, not too many rebounds are going to come your way and it's pretty easy to get taken out of the offense.

Totally agree...
It's just not the answer for long term success...

LK seems to have the right idea, but we need some players than actually excel at playing the right way to make it happen.

I'll have to ignore the bucks for the rest of the season if no moves are made before the deadline that shows they want to change the culture of this team.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,122

Post#78 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:49 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Yep, last night was Chuckfest 2008.

And the Bucks had their 2nd highest scoring output in over almost three months. Imagine that.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#79 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:50 pm

And the Bucks had their 2nd highest scoring output in over almost three months. Imagine that.

And yet another horrible defensive outing.....the bottom line is simple...its impossible to win with the current cast of characters.
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#80 » by showtimesam » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:51 pm

Hey when the shots are falling, chuckfest works. However, the shots will never fall enough for chuckfest to turn into any sort of meaningful team that we can be proud of.

Lets blow it up, and build a team that can play defense, work the inside/out game, and win basketball games on a consistent basis.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks