Today's Team Meeting

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,427

Post#801 » by trwi7 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:38 pm

adamcz wrote:(picture)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,206

Post#802 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:20 pm

kebzach wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Eric Gordon makes the current bucks roster look mentally tough as nails. **** that kid.

Drafting Eric Gordon is the quickest way to get me to stop renewing my season tickets.

One example of what I mean is during that first Badgers game. Gordon was missing shots, but he was also trying to get his teammates involved in the first half and it wasn't working. Passes were dropped and they weren't converting easy buckets.

Sampson went to Gordon in the 2nd and basically put it all on him to bring the team back, and Gordon did. He single handedly got the Hoosiers back into it and nothing the Badgers could do stopped him. Wisconsin ended up getting really lucky in that one.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#803 » by europa » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:36 pm

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Sampson went to Gordon in the 2nd and basically put it all on him to bring the team back, and Gordon did. He single handedly got the Hoosiers back into it and nothing the Badgers could do stopped him. Wisconsin ended up getting really lucky in that one.

All true, but it's also important to remember that while the Badgers are a good college team with a terrific head coach they don't have a single NBA-caliber player on the roster, much less anyone with standout NBA talent.

I like Gordon and I like his NBA potential but I'm not sure he'll be a "Give him the ball and get out of his way" NBA player. I see him more as a complementary piece. But then again he's only 18 so he could certainly grow into something much more than that.
Nothing will not break me.
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#804 » by Fort Minor » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:43 pm

adamcz wrote:(picture)

LOL. Oh man, the eyebrows... :rofl:
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#805 » by kebzach » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:05 pm

DrugBust wrote:
One example of what I mean is during that first Badgers game. Gordon was missing shots, but he was also trying to get his teammates involved in the first half and it wasn't working. Passes were dropped and they weren't converting easy buckets.

Gordon did the same thing in the 2 games against Illinois. However, in both games he let the Illini players and fans get into his head, and made some clearly bad plays as a result. I drove down to Champaign for the Illini home game and I didn't think that the fans gave it to him hard enough, but yet it was enough to force him to turn the ball over several times, commit an uncontested 10 second violation, drive out of control to the basket, and shoot 3-13 for the game. I left that game with some serious, serious questions about how mentally strong this kid is.

And all that aside, I think that he's an assbag. So my point remains. Bucks + Gordon = $ 1,500 less from my bank account going to the bucks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks