ImageImage

Today's Team Meeting

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#81 » by showtimesam » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think what today's meeting may force the team to do is take a good, long look at who it can least afford to lose and who really needs to remain and who doesn't.

I'd personally love to see a headline tomorrow of "CV, Simmons and Mo headed to the Miami Heat" or some other team that may be interested.

Its time to change this team dramatically. Although it needs to start by bringing in a big name guy as the gm to restructure things NOW (not waiting until the offseason).
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#82 » by Epicurus » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's quite a spin. He has at least showed he cares about winning and gets upset with losing, and it's painfully obvious he'll take wins over getting his stats.

Please, Luke, don't accuse anyone of spinning when you post the above. My God, no other player has displayed the negative body of language, actually quit on the team three times in two years, said such insensitive things about his team mates and the NBA players in general. You seem to forget about his whining about his touches (and then later saying he really needed to improve to get the ball more, yet never apologized for the whining).

AB is a better than average NBA center, but he isn't much of a teammate. Maybe he'll learn.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#83 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 am

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And Redd lead his team to the Final Four. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

To be fair Redd also had Scoonie Penn a great college basketball point guard Drew had nothing even remotely close on that Utes team.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#84 » by jeremyd236 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 am

DH34Phan wrote:I just wanna know why our best player, and maxed out player, Michael Redd, has no control over anything in the locker room.

Again, he is the captain of this sinking ship.

You seem to bitch about Redd aplenty in this thread, specifically noting the fact that he averages $15 million per year on his contract. I just want to ask you this....would you have been happier if we didn't sign Redd? Would we be a better team with the same exact roster minus Redd? Do you think we had any chance in hell of signing a better player than Redd? Has this organization EVER signed a better free agent than Redd?

Do you honestly think Redd's contract is that **** bad? You realize that if Redd was on the Celtics right now, he'd be the 4th highest paid player. Teams not only have maxed out guys, but some have 2 or 3 of them. And you know what? Those teams usually are successful. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 "max" talents on a team for them to actually be good. Redd has never had another All-star on his team. So before you try to compare him to other "maxed out" guys who do all the things you seem to think he doesn't, think about how many of them have ever been good without another All-star or two on their team.
Magic 32
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#85 » by Magic 32 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:40 am

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You are high...because he shoots alot and dribbles alot he cares??? I was at the game last night, Sam Cassell but 21 in his face in 2 quarters! I have said from Day 1 Williams is an awful defender but I have never seen less effort on defense in my life. Cassel would have had 120 if he played and kept shooting....I know for a fact Williams was supposed to be nothing more then a short term answer for TJ Ford, they could not find a true PG so they panicked, bid against themselves(like usual) and overpaid for a 6th man.

I never said that Mo plays great defense. We all know he sucks at defense. What I was trying to say is he may be the only player to show emotion an this team. He may bi*&h and get in other players faces but atleast he does that unlike anyone else on this team.

Him shooting and dribbling? Everyone sucks on this team right now. Becasue a player has a bad string of games they get called out. The problem is people like us are the only ones who see these things. The average fans could care less. You could say that about any player on this team right now and say they dont care, but someone needs to show some kind of heart, dont you think????
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#86 » by midranger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:42 am

Epicurus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Please, Luke, don't accuse anyone of spinning when you post the above. My God, no other player has displayed the negative body of language, actually quit on the team three times in two years, said such insensitive things about his team mates and the NBA players in general. You seem to forget about his whining about his touches (and then later saying he really needed to improve to get the ball more, yet never apologized for the whining).

AB is a better than average NBA center, but he isn't much of a teammate. Maybe he'll learn.

I agree with all of this. I still like Bogut, but he's earned none of this mythical leadership quality that people have bestoed upon him. Quite the opposite actually.
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#87 » by showtimesam » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:42 am

Epicurus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Andrew is the one guy that plays defense, looks to pass to his teammates, takes charges... Wow that guy is a horrible teammate...
Or maybe it just sucks being on a team with a bunch of guys that don't have a clue how to win basketball games.

Andrew isn't a superstar, but he's a hell of a player and one of the only ones thats worth keeping around at this point.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,211

Post#88 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:42 am

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You are high...because he shoots alot and dribbles alot he cares??? I was at the game last night, Sam Cassell but 21 in his face in 2 quarters! I have said from Day 1 Williams is an awful defender but I have never seen less effort on defense in my life. Cassel would have had 120 if he played and kept shooting....I know for a fact Williams was supposed to be nothing more then a short term answer for TJ Ford, they could not find a true PG so they panicked, bid against themselves(like usual) and overpaid for a 6th man.

Then who's problem is it?

You won't hear anyone around here argue Mo's a true point guard. If he's better as a scorer, then what are the options?

Start Charlie Bell at PG? He's even less a PG than Mo. Hell, he's better off at SF than he is at PG. Royal Ivey is brutal, no matter what position he plays. Conley went two picks before the Bucks came on board, and there wasn't a legit starting PG to be had with the money the Bucks had.

Mo's a good player. No, he doesn't play defense, but only one on this team does, and he doesn't play on the perimeter. But unlike scrubs like Simmons, Mason, Bell and Ivey, Mo can actually put the ball in the hoop to make up for his defensive deficiencies. Is there anyone else on this team you'd rather see the ball in the 4th quarter? All he does is shoot and keep the team in games. It happens all the time.

Bottom line is that if Mo isn't the PG you want, you can place your blame elsewhere.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#89 » by europa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:43 am

Apparently there was one player who did come to Krystkowiak's defense during the meeting - Desmond Mason. He apparently tried to stick up for Krystkowiak and that apparently resulted in Mo calling him an ass kisser and a suck up.
Nothing will not break me.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#90 » by DH34Phan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:44 am

I just want to ask you this....would you have been happier if we didn't sign Redd?

Judging from how things turned out, hell yes. Building around TJ and Bogut would have been far better, while having clean books. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but all those people saying Redd isn't worth his contract then are looking right now.

Would we be a better team with the same exact roster minus Redd?

Well, we can't get much worse with Redd.

Do you think we had any chance in hell of signing a better player than Redd? Has this organization EVER signed a better free agent than Redd?

Maybe not, but I am sure we could toss out the MLE to someone like John Salmons or JR Smith, and get almost the same production for a fraction of the price.

Do you honestly think Redd's contract is that **** bad?

Yep. He probably is the worst player making over $14 million a year that signed their deal after 2004.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#91 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:44 am

midranger wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with all of this. I still like Bogut, but he's earned none of this mythical leadership quality that people have bestoed upon him. Quite the opposite actually.

Its not really mythical you can ask just about anyone who is covering the team on a day to day basis and they'll say he is really trying to fill the leadership void. Surely he isn't there completely quite yet but until know he has been just about the only guy trying to take charge.
Magic 32
Banned User

Post#92 » by Magic 32 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:46 am

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Then who's problem is it?

You won't hear anyone around here argue Mo's a true point guard. If he's better as a scorer, then what are the options?

Start Charlie Bell at PG? He's even less a PG than Mo. Hell, he's better off at SF than he is at PG. Royal Ivey is brutal, no matter what position he plays. Conley went two picks before the Bucks came on board, and there wasn't a legit starting PG to be had with the money the Bucks had.

Mo's a good player. No, he doesn't play defense, but only one on this team does, and he doesn't play on the perimeter. But unlike scrubs like Simmons, Mason, Bell and Ivey, Mo can actually put the ball in the hoop to make up for his defensive deficiencies. Is there anyone else on this team you'd rather see the ball in the 4th quarter? All he does is shoot and keep the team in games. It happens all the time.

Bottom line is that if Mo isn't the PG you want, you can place your blame elsewhere.

Good point! I dont get how some people put the blame on one guy when this team cant even get a W against some of the worst teams in the league. Everyone is at fault, not just Mo.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#93 » by Ayt » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:47 am

I can't remember the last game I watched. Its been weeks. This team is truly at a hilarious point right now. What a disaster.

LK loses his team only 50 games into his first real season?
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#94 » by showtimesam » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:47 am

europa wrote:Apparently there was one player who did come to Krystkowiak's defense during the meeting - Desmond Mason. He apparently tried to stick up for Krystkowiak and that apparently resulted in Mo calling him an ass kisser and a suck up.

Thanks, this is good stuff...

I really want that piece of crap off this team. Redd isn't my favorite player, but i'd be happy riding out the season with him, dez, yi, and bogut and as many new players as possible after that.

I think Mo might be seeing this as a chance to speak up before the deadline in hopes of getting sent to Miami, which is where he wanted to be all along.

I really hope we make his wish come true.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#95 » by midranger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:47 am

europa wrote:Apparently there was one player who did come to Krystkowiak's defense during the meeting - Desmond Mason. He apparently tried to stick up for Krystkowiak and that apparently resulted in Mo calling him an ass kisser and a suck up.

Ugh. Sounds like mo is a prick. Hard to believe he'd treat his "lob dog" thusly.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,769

Post#96 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:49 am

europa, thanks for posting all this. I'm just responding as I read through the thread...

europa wrote:From the sounds of it, let's just say if there are two players in the locker room, chances are they have an issue with one another of some kind. And it sounds like a number of players have either officially asked to be traded or have made it known they wouldn't mind being traded. Here's the list I was given:

Villanueva
Simmons
Mo
Bell
Voskuhl
Gadz

Krystkowiak was told today that all of those players have at one time expressed a desire to leave this team. He apparently said he was unaware of all those players being unhappy. And yea I know, Jake Voskuhl wants out? WTF? He should be happy Harris was dumb enough to give him $3M in salary this year.

Gee, that's it :roll:

I'd gladly package up their contracts with some of the guys that are remotely valuable and see what we can get.

I hope I find that you post the Mo info...
wichmae
RealGM

Post#97 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:50 am

Like I said before guys and Im sure a couple other people can attest to this. Dont expect any real moves in the next 9 days. Alot of hands are tied right now and unless something comes along (until this point no interest has been shown) that involves players who are "allowed" to be moved I highly doubt anything goes down.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#98 » by Andrew34r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:50 am

Why havent we heard anything about Mo being like this until this year? Everything we have heard is that he is a good guy on and off the court. So he woke up one morning and decided to be a jackass and bully around his teammates and all of them just take it from him. Seems odd.
schweig
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by schweig » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:51 am

I will have to settle for getting wistful again seeing this commercial about everyone in Boston excited about KG.

What kind of prick tells someone they don't make enough money to talk?
wichmae
RealGM

Post#100 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:51 am

Andrew34r wrote:Why havent we heard anything about Mo being like this until this year? Everything we have heard is that he is a good guy on and off the court. So he woke up one morning and decided to be a jackass and bully around his teammates and all of them just take it from him. Seems odd.

There have been a few rumblings before but nothing on this level.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks