ImageImage

Today's Team Meeting

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Magic 32
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#61 » by Magic 32 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 am

Of all the players on the team, Williams seems to be the guy that actually looks like he cares what is going on with this team. The others, including Bogut dont seem to give a crap. Now people are going to jump on Mo because of the year he is having after the signing of his deal but that is normal. Honestly, Mo could probally play a better 2 guard then Redd and save us alot of money doing that. Redd will definatley get moved in the offseason because he brings nothing to this team.

This debate will never end until one of them is moved out of town.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,211

Post#62 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 am

wichmae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ummm, Bogut has won on pretty ,much every level except the NBA. He is the only thing we have thats even remotely close to a leader.

Did he win a high school title I don't know about? Because I'm fairly certain he hasn't won in college, hasn't won in the Worlds and hasn't won in the Olympics.

Seriously, did you just forget the green font?
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#63 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:28 am

midranger wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Huh?

Mountain West Conference Freshman of the Year in 2004.
Named MVP of the 2003 FIBA Junior World championships after leading the Aussies to the title.
Started for the Australian National Team in the 2004 Athens Olympics.
Led the Utes to an 18-game winning streak in 2004-2005.
Sweet Sixteen appearance as a Sophomore and National player of the year.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#64 » by showtimesam » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:28 am

If mo told the one guy that actually plays defense to shutup during the team meeting, he should really be shipped out of town ASAP.

I'd love to see mo gone, and maybe miami or someone would take gadz or simmons off our hands as well.

While Redd doesn't seem like a leader, he at least seems to deeply care about this situation and isn't bitching and moaning to be traded like half the team.

I'll have a hard time being a bucks fan if they keep mo/redd together ( I want mo gone more so after hearing this), and end up losing yi and bogut in the process when their contracts are up.

Blow this team up, build around Yi and Bogut (possibly redd as well), and get some guys on this team that can play defense and have a bball IQ.

Thanks again Europa, you don't deserve the criticism you get and the info is much appreciated. I disagreed in the past about TJ Ford, but you seem to be a truly passionate and level headed fan with a sense of what is important to a team for winning games.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#65 » by midranger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 am

Will Perdude wrote:I echo MD's statement. This situation has pretty much made every guy on the roster unlikable to me. Why would I want to root for any of them?

Bingo.

This is why I posted that thread about Noel and something about Ersan.

I'm looking for Bucks related things to be excited about, because I can't get excited about anyone on the actual Bucks.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#66 » by DH34Phan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 am

I just wanna know why our best player, and maxed out player, Michael Redd, has no control over anything in the locker room.

Again, he is the captain of this sinking ship.
RedLeafTree
Junior

Post#67 » by RedLeafTree » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 am

mcfromage wrote:... Also - I wonder what the hell Yi must be thinking about all of this...

The language barrier may come in handy here :)

Thanks to OP for the inside scoop. Whose PT was Kohl trying to influence?
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#68 » by Andrew34r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:29 am

Named MVP of the 2003 FIBA Junior World championships.

:lol: Thats a bit of a stretch.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,176
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#69 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:30 am

Without turning this into a political discussion, looks like Bell made it out of there fast enough to get to the Obama rally in Madison. He was sitting 4th row in the seats behind Barack.

If you are reading this Mr. flintstone, I was the guy in the first row in front of the stage that kept pointing at you.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#70 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:30 am

Andrew34r wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:lol: Thats a bit of a stretch.

He just turned 18 and was a starter for the Australian Olympic team in Greece ... averaged 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds in five games for the Boomers ... at the end of the preliminary rounds, ranked fourth in the tournament in rebounds (8.8 rpg), fifth in blocked shots (1.2 bpg) and fourth in field goal percentage (58.0) ... had 21 points and nine rebounds in 35 minutes against Lithuania, which placed fourth in the tournament.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#71 » by midranger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:33 am

Named MVP of the 2003 FIBA Junior World championships.

Great individual award. How'd those teams do/

Mark Vershaw and Mike Kelley took the Badger to the Final Four so a Sweet 16 appearance doesn't do much for me.

The fact is that he went to Utah and was a whiner until Majerus was fired and then he showed up. Then he went to the Bucks and was a whiner until Stotts was fired, then he flipped off the fans, than he made his comments on America and Americans, then he played consistently poor basketball until Jan 1, 2008 at which point he played well for 1 month. Now he's back to blowing 2 foot shots like it's his job.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#72 » by europa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:33 am

showtimesam wrote:Thanks again Europa, you don't deserve the criticism you get and the info is much appreciated. I disagreed in the past about TJ Ford, but you seem to be a truly passionate and level headed fan with a sense of what is important to a team for winning games.

Thanks. I'm just relaying the info I've been given. As far as Mo, I agree he plays hard. Nobody can ever question that about him. But all the things I've heard about the issues the coaches have with him, the Tony Brown incident and now today's reported mocking of Bogut make me question him even more than I have before. If Mo was a true team leader, he would've stepped up and had Bogut's back, not mocked him.

I think what today's meeting may force the team to do is take a good, long look at who it can least afford to lose and who really needs to remain and who doesn't.
Nothing will not break me.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#73 » by xTitan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:33 am

Magic 32 wrote:Of all the players on the team, Williams seems to be the guy that actually looks like he cares what is going on with this team. The others, including Bogut dont seem to give a crap. Now people are going to jump on Mo because of the year he is having after the signing of his deal but that is normal. Honestly, Mo could probally play a better 2 guard then Redd and save us alot of money doing that. Redd will definatley get moved in the offseason because he brings nothing to this team.

This debate will never end until one of them is moved out of town.

You are high...because he shoots alot and dribbles alot he cares??? I was at the game last night, Sam Cassell but 21 in his face in 2 quarters! I have said from Day 1 Williams is an awful defender but I have never seen less effort on defense in my life. Cassel would have had 120 if he played and kept shooting....I know for a fact Williams was supposed to be nothing more then a short term answer for TJ Ford, they could not find a true PG so they panicked, bid against themselves(like usual) and overpaid for a 6th man.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,762

Post#74 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:33 am

I can't really say that any of Europa's stuff on Mo rocked my world. Come on guys, I know for a fact that crap goes on in every locker room in the league.

I talked with a source from within the team, who told me the teams two biggest problems are:

1) No one on the team likes playing with Mo or Redd

2) Bobby Simmons is a cancer who plays everyone against each other and dogs it in practice and no one can stand him

Not like any of that is earth shattering either, but that comes from directly from the players.
Magic 32
Banned User

Post#75 » by Magic 32 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:33 am

DH34Phan wrote:I just wanna know why our best player, and maxed out player, Michael Redd, has no control over anything in the locker room.

Again, he is the captain of this sinking ship.

He's all about the money and doesnt care. I agree with you completely, you firgure a guy making the big bucks would try to step up and be the leader. He has always been the one to take the backseat.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,211

Post#76 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:34 am

He just turned 18 and was a starter for the Australian Olympic team in Greece ... averaged 14.8 points and 8.8 rebounds in five games for the Boomers ... at the end of the preliminary rounds, ranked fourth in the tournament in rebounds (8.8 rpg), fifth in blocked shots (1.2 bpg) and fourth in field goal percentage (58.0) ... had 21 points and nine rebounds in 35 minutes against Lithuania, which placed fourth in the tournament.

And Redd lead his team to the Final Four. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#77 » by ACGB » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:37 am

midranger wrote:Has there ever been an NBA team on which 12 players simultaneously requested a trade?

:rofl:
I'm sorry, that made me laugh out loud.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#78 » by Andrew34r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:38 am

If it came down to it I think it would be very easy to trade Mo. He does not make that much money for the stats that he is putting up compared to other PG's in the league and im sure a lot of teams would be more than happy to take Mo off of our hands. And further more I bet whatever team Mo were to go to would probably be a pretty damn good team.
Swingman72
Sophomore
And1: 36

Post#79 » by Swingman72 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:38 am

Wow! You think things can't get worse in the culture of the Bucks organization, and then it just gets worse. Who's flying this plane, and does anyone in this organization realize that it is flying into the ground? Why does this organization keep dealing with mistakes by making bigger mistakes. Watch Kohl wait until things are beyond recoverable, fire Harris, and Larry K, but then bring in another incompetent GM, and why not bring in another unproven rookie coach.
And what the hell is Larry K thinking with his high school, write down if your with me or not questionnaire the day after he threw the team under the bus? WOW! What a motivator and leader this guy is! What a find for the Bucks! Just when you thought you couldn't get worse than Stotts, the Bucks organization throws you that curve ball you should of predicted. And his name is Larry K.
From top to bottom, this organization is the poster boy for dysfunction. In fact, in the dictionary under dysfunction, it says: see Milwaukee Bucks Organization. It's too bad. Are we ever going to see a successful Pro Basketball team in Milwaukee again? Or is this organization slipping into obscurity before it is ultimately sold and relocated?
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#80 » by THE DINJ » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:38 am

Good ole Bucks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks