ImageImage

Today's Team Meeting

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#41 » by Andrew34r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:18 am

Edited to add - I've gotten quite a bit of info about Mo but I probably should just give it to GAD or someone else and let them post it given how I'm apparently just riding an anti-Mo agenda or some other nonsense like that.

Dont worry what people think give us the dirt. :lol: Honestly...is there anything good about Mo that you have heard maybe if you include that every once and a while people would not think what they do. I find it hard to believe that Mo is this bad 100% of the time and is this big of a cancer to this team all the time.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#42 » by LUKE23 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:18 am

midranger wrote:Well, I'm not sure that I want Bogut as our team leader.

His first 2.25 years he sulked like a baby and regularly failed to show up for games, flipped off the home fans, and basically said that he hates most players in the NBA and American culture. On top of that, until one month ago, he was looking like one of the bigger busts of the past decade.

That's quite a spin. He has at least showed he cares about winning and gets upset with losing, and it's painfully obvious he'll take wins over getting his stats.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,760

Post#43 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:18 am

I've "known" Europa for a long time (through forums) and I have no reason to doubt anything he reported.

But I don't thinnk any of us should get carried away thinking we know the context... after all, even if everything Europa reported was true (and I'm sure it is) it is foolish for us to fill in the pieces and think we know who said what and how they reacted, etc.

None of us were there, we just know a few facts. And its not like we can even call them facts. So try and keep perspective here.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#44 » by jerrod » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:18 am

Jbizzness wrote:Maybe it will erupt into guys getting in fights during practice and suddenly go on a run of about 10 wins in a row. Just like the Trail Blazers.

they didn't because they don't like each other, they fought because of the hard hitting in the practice

that's pretty different
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#45 » by LUKE23 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:20 am

Lets hear the Mo stuff europa.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#46 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:20 am

xTitan wrote:
From the sounds of it, let's just say if there are two players in the locker room, chances are they have an issue with one another of some kind. And it sounds like a number of players have either officially asked to be traded or have made it known they wouldn't mind being traded. Here's the list I was given:

Villanueva
Simmons
Mo
Bell
Voskuhl
Gadz

I would gladly dump every single one of those dogs, but my guess is they all feel that are far more valuable then they truly are.

It also takes two teams to make a trade. No one out side of Phoenix showed any interest in Gadz. Simmons cant eevn be given away and CV is not being allowed to be moved from ownership. The whole organization is a joke and I for one am not putting a large amount of blame on Harris and LK. This is an ownership mess and now that this whole thing is blowing up maybe just maybe something will change. Though from my understanding as of right now the only move being discussed is "letting Larry Harris pursue other opportunities".
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#47 » by xTitan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:20 am

Mo Williams is a selfish little prick, always has been, you can see it in his game...............I have said many times, do not listen to what these guys say publicly, they work for a politician and all know the "right" things to say.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#48 » by midranger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:21 am

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's quite a spin. He has at least showed he cares about winning and gets upset with losing, and it's painfully obvious he'll take wins over getting his stats.

It's not a spin. Those things happened. It's fact.

Mo cares about winning too and gets upset about losing. Guess what? They apparently weren't getting along.

It's about leading by example and actually getting results. Not one guy on the team has ever gotten results.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,207

Post#49 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:22 am

There's a difference between saying you want to win and actually being able to do something about it on the court. Who's carried the Bucks when they've been down in the 4th, time and time again? Bogut? The last time I remember him stepping up was two years ago when he was a rookie. Redd's been the absolute last guy you want with the game on the line. Mo on the other hand has shown the ability to win games on his own when the ball is in his hands.

I love Bogut's fire and intensity and the fact that he wants to lead, but lets see some consistency when the team needs it most.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#50 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:22 am

midranger wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Until Bogut gives people a reason to listen to him, he probably should sit the hell down.

That's the problem with this team. There is no guy that people look up to. No winners.

Ummm, Bogut has won on pretty ,much every level except the NBA. He is the only thing we have thats even remotely close to a leader.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,048

Post#51 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:23 am

The players argue about who is a leader and who is not a leader and now we're arguing about the players arguing.

I have never cared less about this team.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#52 » by xTitan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:23 am

I really want hear what Europa has to say about Mo Williams.....if you are worried about being called a hater, tell me and I will gladly repeat it.
midranger
RealGM

Post#53 » by midranger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:24 am

wichmae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ummm, Bogut has won on pretty ,much every level except the NBA. He is the only thing we have thats even remotely close to a leader.

Huh?
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#54 » by europa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:25 am

Will Perdude wrote:I've "known" Europa for a long time (through forums) and I have no reason to doubt anything he reported.

But I don't thinnk any of us should get carried away thinking we know the context... after all, even if everything Europa reported was true (and I'm sure it is) it is foolish for us to fill in the pieces and think we know who said what and how they reacted, etc.

None of us were there, we just know a few facts. And its not like we can even call them facts. So try and keep perspective here.

Well said. I'll put the same disclaimer on this info that I put on the info I posted about the Mo/Tony Brown incident. I wasn't there and I'm trusting the person (or persons) who provided me with this info. In the case of the Mo-Brown deal, the info was 100% on the mark. And I have no reason to question the validity of this info either but people absolutely need to keep things in perspective. I completely agree.

Lets hear the Mo stuff europa.

OK, here are some of the things I've been told.

1. I was told several weeks ago that Mo told Bartlestein he wished he hadn't re-signed with the Bucks. Whether he actually did say that I can't say but enough people within the organization heard it so if it was a rumor it spread pretty fast.

2. Mo reportedly has said on more than one occasion lately that he's not that interested in passing because he never gets the ball back anyway. So if he gets it he's going to shoot. I believe this one to be honest and no not because I'm a MoHater but because this was the exact thing we heard Charlie Bell talk about last season if people recall.

3. We know the coaching staff has had plenty of issues with Mo this season and now apparently the mood among at least some of his teammates is shifting to a negative tone as well because of his play.
Nothing will not break me.
wichmae
RealGM

Post#55 » by wichmae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:25 am

I have heard a few things similar to what Europa has posted. SO I can vouch for it as well. I also am under a minor suspicion that there might be an entire house cleaning if they do not make the playoffs. GM on down. However dont expect much of anything to happen this season.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,760

Post#56 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:26 am

I echo MD's statement. This situation has pretty much made every guy on the roster unlikable to me. Why would I want to root for any of them?
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#57 » by europa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 am

I've also heard there may be a deal in place involving Villanueva and Simmons. Emphasis on the words "may be in place." From the sounds of it, the Bucks are waiting to see if something better comes along or if they even want to make a deal this year.
Nothing will not break me.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#58 » by Andrew34r » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 am

Will Perdude wrote:I echo MD's statement. This situation has pretty much made every guy on the roster unlikable to me. Why would I want to root for any of them?

Yi doesnt say anything...you can root for him.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#59 » by DH34Phan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 am

I hope we clean house, and keep Max Redd!
midranger
RealGM

Post#60 » by midranger » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 am

Wishing you weren't with the Bucks isn't exactly an Earth shattering statement at this point.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks