Around The League - Vogel Out and Bud in with Suns

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,346

Re: Around The League 

Post#241 » by RiotPunch » Tue May 7, 2024 5:16 am

humanrefutation wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Hopefully Haslam is watching and thinking Connelly is his next big purchase.

People keep saying this, but isn't Connelly under contract until 2027? No way Glen Taylor lets him get away. I know there were rumors that he was unhappy a year ago, but I'm guessing a title run might change his mind. Besides, even if he wanted to leave, I'm not sure he'd want to come here.

He built a team designed to take down his former franchise. That must feel good.

Yeah, it is not realistic by any means, but Connelly does have an opt-out clause after this season. Would take a combination of Taylor wanting to cut costs and someone making a Godfather offer to Connelly.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,257

Post#242 » by Sigra » Tue May 7, 2024 6:16 am

Connelly did his thing there. That team is done.

Its time for him to make another great team around 2 great scorers :D
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,791

Post#243 » by AussieBuck » Tue May 7, 2024 10:39 am

Not going to lie, I enjoy the Giannis style, go down swinging approach to what Jokic is doing.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#244 » by HKPackFan » Tue May 7, 2024 10:46 am

Overall I'm happy to see Donte and his success in NYC. Cool story with the Nova guys. Kinda rooting for them now.
#FreeChuckDiesel
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,613

Post#245 » by PG Graveyard » Tue May 7, 2024 12:21 pm

Everyone has to start asking if Jokic needs to ask out for a trade now. Those are the rules. Also Jokic can never win mvp now. Those are the rules.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,077

Post#246 » by German Athens » Tue May 7, 2024 12:33 pm

I’m incredibly envious of Minny for having jaden mcdaniels.

I think he may be the only guy in the league at his size who can stick with guards the way he does. He’s a 6’9” blanket, and Murray can’t get any space on him.

Mcdaniels is basically the poster boy for why you draft physical tools on the defensive end. He can take a player completely out of the game that shorter ones just couldn’t due to his length.

He’s fun to watch.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,009

Post#247 » by BUCKnation » Tue May 7, 2024 12:37 pm

I didn't think this would go longer than 5 in favor of the Wolves, but the Nuggets meltdown last night was unexpected. They are just doing whatever they want.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,009

Post#248 » by BUCKnation » Tue May 7, 2024 12:38 pm

German Athens wrote:I’m incredibly envious of Minny for having jaden mcdaniels.

I think he may be the only guy in the league at his size who can stick with guards the way he does. He’s a 6’9” blanket, and Murray can’t get any space on him.

Mcdaniels is basically the poster boy for why you draft physical tools on the defensive end. He can take a player completely out of the game that shorter ones just couldn’t due to his length.

He’s fun to watch.

Having him and NAW, whose improved tremendously at that end, is unfair
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#249 » by PG Graveyard » Tue May 7, 2024 12:44 pm

German Athens wrote:I’m incredibly envious of Minny for having jaden mcdaniels.

He’s fun to watch.

Makes me really interested in Ryan Dunn in the draft this year.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,095

Post#250 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 7, 2024 1:01 pm

Not gonna overreact to a couple rough games by Joker, but....

2020: 11.1 points per-100 worse (119.0 ON)
2021: 3.3 points per-100 worse (124.7 ON)
2022: 5.1 points per-100 worse (125.4 ON)
2023: 5.7 points per-100 worse (112.0 ON)
2024: 10.0 points per-100 worse (115.1 ON)

That's his last 5 playoffs defensive on/off. Kinda tired of hearing this "he's a good defender" narrative when it's been a consistent trend his entire career. He's just always gonna be a guy that you have to hide defensively.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,185

Post#251 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue May 7, 2024 1:03 pm

Hilarious that Minnesota was mocked across the entirety of NBA media and fan forums alike after it didn't immediately click post Gobert trade. Some "I was wrong's" are definitely in order. Not as funny, however, is the player Donte DiVincenzo has turned into. The lone knock on his game here in Milwaukee was his inconsistent shot (even though he was a good shooter at every other level). The rest of his skill set always screamed winner. Godda*mn shame we didn't wait that one out.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,326

Post#252 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:11 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:Hilarious that Minnesota was mocked across the entirety of NBA media and fan forums alike after it didn't immediately click post Gobert trade.

In fairness though, Gobert didn't even play last night.

And the reality is, Ant has turned into a superstar, top 3 player in the league. He's now elevated the play of all of them. Not sure that was evident when Minnesota gave up all those picks. Not sure even their GM knew that was going to happen.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#253 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 7, 2024 1:15 pm

Yeah, we're witnessing a 2006 Dwyane Wade run by Ant here. Really hope he can keep it up, cuz this is absolutely special to watch as a basketball fan. I mean, these are kinda the things you hope to expect when you draft a guy #1 overall....
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,758

Post#254 » by chonestown » Tue May 7, 2024 1:28 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:Hilarious that Minnesota was mocked across the entirety of NBA media and fan forums alike after it didn't immediately click post Gobert trade. Some "I was wrong's" are definitely in order. Not as funny, however, is the player Donte DiVincenzo has turned into. The lone knock on his game here in Milwaukee was his inconsistent shot (even though he was a good shooter at every other level). The rest of his skill set always screamed winner. Godda*mn shame we didn't wait that one out.

White Donte was an injury concern his entire Bucks tenure.

I don't know what Horts could have done to keep him, but I thought it was a foregone conclusion he would have been a cap casualty if the Ibaka trade didn't happen.

Skill-wise, he's a plug-and-play guy. Good to see him ball out.

I'm team Jay Wright Nova guys except for the KING OF NORTH PHILADELPHIA.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,326

Post#255 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:39 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, we're witnessing a 2006 Dwyane Wade run by Ant here. Really hope he can keep it up, cuz this is absolutely special to watch as a basketball fan. I mean, these are kinda the things you hope to expect when you draft a guy #1 overall....

Had the same thoughts last night. Wade 2006.

That said, this is only the Semi's. T-Wolves have a ways to go here.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,151

Post#256 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue May 7, 2024 1:40 pm

chonestown wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:Hilarious that Minnesota was mocked across the entirety of NBA media and fan forums alike after it didn't immediately click post Gobert trade. Some "I was wrong's" are definitely in order. Not as funny, however, is the player Donte DiVincenzo has turned into. The lone knock on his game here in Milwaukee was his inconsistent shot (even though he was a good shooter at every other level). The rest of his skill set always screamed winner. Godda*mn shame we didn't wait that one out.

White Donte was an injury concern his entire Bucks tenure.

I don't know what Horts could have done to keep him, but I thought it was a foregone conclusion he would have been a cap casualty if the Ibaka trade didn't happen.

Skill-wise, he's a plug-and-play guy. Good to see him ball out.

I'm team Jay Wright Nova guys except for the KING OF NORTH PHILADELPHIA.

Yeah, i can't bridge the gap from the guy who turned down the big 4 year contract and the $4.5m/1 year prove it contract going to an ideal situation in GSW. I don't think he would've returned here after losing out on a ton of money already. I think he wanted a fresh start. Maybe in an alternate universe, he plays great for us the second half of that season after a truly atrocious start (he pretty much sucked on a bad Kings team with a 53%TS).

In hindsight, it was obviously dumb because Serge's 3pt% dropped significantly once he put on a Bucks uni and Pat instantly got hurt. But I'm not sure what the "right" decision would have been at besides locking him up early which would have seemed like a massive overpay at the time considering his performance at the time.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,946

Post#257 » by tydett » Tue May 7, 2024 2:15 pm

Donte was a restricted free agent guys. We had bird rights. The solution is "go and find your big contract" and when he can't, you offer him something reasonable. There were options, our inept FO that has never understood RFA dating back to Charlie Bell is to blame.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#258 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 7, 2024 2:27 pm

Yep, as great as Horst has been with veteran player extensions and bargain bin free agent guys, his RFA track record has been rough. Snell extension, botching the Jabari asset, dumping Donte instead of letting him go get an offer.
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#259 » by PG Graveyard » Tue May 7, 2024 2:44 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Not gonna overreact to a couple rough games by Joker, but....

2020: 11.1 points per-100 worse (119.0 ON)
2021: 3.3 points per-100 worse (124.7 ON)
2022: 5.1 points per-100 worse (125.4 ON)
2023: 5.7 points per-100 worse (112.0 ON)
2024: 10.0 points per-100 worse (115.1 ON)

That's his last 5 playoffs defensive on/off. Kinda tired of hearing this "he's a good defender" narrative when it's been a consistent trend his entire career. He's just always gonna be a guy that you have to hide defensively.

He is awful defensively. I’m not sure how it can be argued otherwise. I want Giannis to get a crack at him in the finals at some point but it probably won’t happen.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,458

Post#260 » by KidA24 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:00 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Yeah, we're witnessing a 2006 Dwyane Wade run by Ant here. Really hope he can keep it up, cuz this is absolutely special to watch as a basketball fan. I mean, these are kinda the things you hope to expect when you draft a guy #1 overall....

Had the same thoughts last night. Wade 2006.

That said, this is only the Semi's. T-Wolves have a ways to go here.

Yep, a whole lot of people were saying the same thing about Brooklyn in 2021.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks