Round 1, Game 5: Pacers at Bucks - 4/30/24 - 8:30 - TNT/BSWI

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,043

Re: Round 1, Game 5: Pacers at Bucks - 4/30/24 - 8:30 - TNT/BSWI 

Post#121 » by Ryan5UW » Wed May 1, 2024 12:00 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:Just wish they would have given us the whole story weeks ago so we would have known we are cooked.

As a fan I would have loved to know and also as a fan I wouldn't want Indiana to know.

Absolutely. This whole “they should have just told us” nonsense is genuinely one of the craziest complaints I’ve seen on this board.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,623

Post#122 » by PG Graveyard » Wed May 1, 2024 12:01 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:Just wish they would have given us the whole story weeks ago so we would have known we are cooked.

As a fan I would have loved to know and also as a fan I wouldn't want Indiana to know.

I think it’s pretty clear it wasn’t a grade 1 strain for Giannis. We will probably find out tomorrow
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#123 » by Wooderson » Wed May 1, 2024 12:02 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Not shocked at all the Bucks waited until the last second to announce them out. Gotta keep hope alive with so many tickets available.
They did it like 8 hours before game 4 in Indy...$$$

They've been listed as doubtful the whole time and didn't practice. Giannis has been out 2+ weeks and Dame is in a boot. If anyone bought tickets today hoping they would play they're fools.

I mean lots are people are fools. Doc said neither of them did anything close to game action. Why else did they announce them out for game 4 early the day in Indy vs at the last second in Milwaukee? It's $$$

Read on Twitter
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,997

Post#124 » by soxperry » Wed May 1, 2024 12:03 am

we are due for a crazy 3 point variance night.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,792

Post#125 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed May 1, 2024 12:03 am

PG Graveyard wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

I think it’s pretty clear it wasn’t a grade 1 strain for Giannis. We will probably find out tomorrow

Sure, but even a grade 2 he'd be ready by now.

We won't find out tomorrow though. We're getting the win.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,792

Post#126 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed May 1, 2024 12:04 am

Wooderson wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Not shocked at all the Bucks waited until the last second to announce them out. Gotta keep hope alive with so many tickets available.

They've been listed as doubtful the whole time and didn't practice. Giannis has been out 2+ weeks and Dame is in a boot. If anyone bought tickets today hoping they would play they're fools.

I mean lots are people are fools. Doc said neither of them did anything close to game action. Why else did they announce them out for game 4 early the day in Indy vs at the last second in Milwaukee? It's $$$

Read on Twitter

I'm guessing Giannis didn't do a big workout because he was expecting to play.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,102

Post#127 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 12:05 am

People aren't buying tickets from the Bucks when they can get them for less, much less, than face value on Stub Hub

Wooderson wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#128 » by PG Graveyard » Wed May 1, 2024 12:06 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:As a fan I would have loved to know and also as a fan I wouldn't want Indiana to know.

Sure, but even a grade 2 he'd be ready by now.

We won't find out tomorrow though. We're getting the win.

Hey I hope we get the win but a grade 2 soleus strain sounds more like 4-6 weeks to me.
PG Graveyard
General Manager

Post#129 » by PG Graveyard » Wed May 1, 2024 12:07 am

Also Doc pretty much confirming those 2 aren’t playing anytime soon. That really **** sucks
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#130 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 12:09 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Wooderson wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:They've been listed as doubtful the whole time and didn't practice. Giannis has been out 2+ weeks and Dame is in a boot. If anyone bought tickets today hoping they would play they're fools.

Read on Twitter

I'm guessing Giannis didn't do a big workout because he was expecting to play.

You've done a lot of guessing on Giannis injury. You keep saying you're right and the medical staff wrong. I'm sure Giannis wanted to play. That doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#131 » by Wooderson » Wed May 1, 2024 12:10 am

MickeyDavis wrote:People aren't buying tickets from the Bucks when they can get them for less, much less, than face value on Stub Hub

Wooderson wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:They've been listed as doubtful the whole time and didn't practice. Giannis has been out 2+ weeks and Dame is in a boot. If anyone bought tickets today hoping they would play they're fools.

Read on Twitter

Been monitoring Ticketmaster the last couple days and there are fewer standard tix available compared to early in the day tho. They're still getting people to bite, tho those ppl might have purchased anyway.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,019

Post#132 » by Plossum » Wed May 1, 2024 12:14 am

Ryan5UW wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Absolutely. This whole “they should have just told us” nonsense is genuinely one of the craziest complaints I’ve seen on this board.

I think it's just general sadness about our already miserable season somehow getting worse with the Giannis and Dame injuries.

I mean it's annoying that the Bucks were less than forthright about the seriousness of the injury but I understand too why they did it.

At the end of the day, whether they were more transparent or not about the injury, the result is the same in Giannis not playing.
#LockUpChuck
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,226

Post#133 » by Baddy Chuck » Wed May 1, 2024 12:15 am

MickeyDavis wrote:You've done a lot of guessing on Giannis injury. You keep saying you're right and the medical staff wrong. I'm sure Giannis wanted to play. That doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.

You're just mad that now we have two MDs on the board.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#134 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 12:17 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:You've done a lot of guessing on Giannis injury. You keep saying you're right and the medical staff wrong. I'm sure Giannis wanted to play. That doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.

You're just mad that now we have two MDs on the board.

:lol:
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,905

Post#135 » by blazza18 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:18 am

The season became very frustrating but it'll be quite sad to see it end today if they can't get the win. Going to be a very interesting offseason.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
MuckyFingers
Junior
And1: 180

Post#136 » by MuckyFingers » Wed May 1, 2024 12:29 am

The cynical take is usually the correct one.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#137 » by mediocrityrules » Wed May 1, 2024 12:31 am

People are only buying tickets now because they realize that it's the last time to see the Bucks this season.
Circling calendars since 2021
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#138 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 12:34 am

He's playing

MickeyDavis wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:Haliburton listed as questionable tonight. Already true about his on-court demeanor, the punk, but this means he might not play. The needy Pacers might want to try to close this out at home, so I wouldn't be surprised if they sit him.

There is no way they want this to go another game. I would think they’re going to do everything possible to make sure this ends tonight.

Yeah they don't want to FAFO. I know his back is legit hurting but I can't see him sitting this one out.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,110

Post#139 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed May 1, 2024 12:35 am

knowing we were cooked like the year bogut went down would have made it better not worse. take it from me.

whats curious is even if we were healthy im not sure i would have felt any more or less confident.

its good to see us move the ball and play hard. ive enjoyed these playoffs as "the underdog". were more fun to watch when we feel thats who we are. ive gained some confidence in doc and the team in general if we keep it together
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#140 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 12:35 am

mediocrityrules wrote:People are only buying tickets now because they realize that it's the last time to see the Bucks this season.

True. I said earlier in the thread I'd go if I could. I love going to games regardless of the circumstances.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks