Dame

Possibly the clutchest team ever assembled

Hahahah yeah I'm going to avoid reading trade ideas on here all summer
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#202 » by Profound23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:01 pm

LISTEN2JAZZ wrote:I don't want Durant at any cost. I don't want to cheer for him.

I will take him for Middleton easily, not trading Giannis for him.

"We need to get younger, let's trade our 29 year old superstar for a 35 year old who will retire soon." This would make everyone forget the Ray Allen for GP trade because it would immediately become the worst trade in Bucks history. KD leaves after a year, Dame follows, and we sit there with nothing and no draft picks for years.

Very few trades would make want to give up my Bucks fandom, but that is one that would make me consider it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,286

Post#203 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:05 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Who says No?

MIL Out: Giannis Brook Bobby Thanasis
MIL In : KD Allen Nurkic

Nurkic
KD
Middleton
Allen
Dame

Proposals like this are why I take a break from this board during the summer.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,621

Post#204 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:11 pm

I'm sure that trade suggestion is a joke, everyone. Take a breath.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,245

Post#205 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:12 pm

uhh, yea I think MKE says No to that deal very quickly. Only thing not making it immediate is that there would be hesitation to figure out if they're being pranked and its real.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,935

Post#206 » by emunney » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:19 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:I'm sure that trade suggestion is a joke, everyone. Take a breath.

But are all the other posts where he's been saying Giannis is the problem with our team and we need to trade him also a joke? This is just the culmination of an epic run of rancid takes.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,781

Post#207 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:26 pm

The Athletic wrote:Meanwhile, Durant, among the best scorers in NBA history, was not always happy with how he was used. Sources briefed on the matter told The Athletic that Durant never felt comfortable with his role in Phoenix’s offense alongside Booker and Beal this season. Those sources said Durant had persistent issues with the offense, feeling that he was being relegated to the corner far too often and not having the proper designs to play to his strengths as the offense was built around pick-and-rolls.

Ah, yes I'm sure it would end just swimmingly here with even bigger and more established stars than he's currently playing with.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,758

Post#208 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 pm

emunney wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:I'm sure that trade suggestion is a joke, everyone. Take a breath.

But are all the other posts where he's been saying Giannis is the problem with our team and we need to trade him also a joke? This is just the culmination of an epic run of rancid takes.

Playoffs bring out the noteworthy posting. WITNESS
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,245

Post#209 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
The Athletic wrote:Meanwhile, Durant, among the best scorers in NBA history, was not always happy with how he was used. Sources briefed on the matter told The Athletic that Durant never felt comfortable with his role in Phoenix’s offense alongside Booker and Beal this season. Those sources said Durant had persistent issues with the offense, feeling that he was being relegated to the corner far too often and not having the proper designs to play to his strengths as the offense was built around pick-and-rolls.

Ah, yes I'm sure it would end just swimmingly here with even bigger and more established stars than he's currently playing with.

Generally agree that its repeating the same problem. However, I do think in theory it would be better here. Like Giannis could be more off ball than PG/Wing types, but we know in reality its not that simple as Giannis is still best with ball in his hands. And in theory here the 3 stars would be Big, Wing, PG. Whereas in PHX their 4 best players wings. All other players in the MKE rotation would need to be off ball D focused guys with athleticism, easier said than done.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,781

Post#210 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:37 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Generally agree that its repeating the same problem. However, I do think in theory it would be better here. Like Giannis could be more off ball than PG/Wing types, but we know in reality its not that simple as Giannis is still best with ball in his hands. And in theory here the 3 stars would be Big, Wing, PG. Whereas in PHX their 4 best players wings. All other players in the MKE rotation would need to be off ball D focused guys with athleticism, easier said than done.

I follow you in theory, but I just don't think it happens in practice. A big reason being what I bolded - I don't ever see that realistically happening. It's not in Giannis' DNA, both for better and, in this case, worse.

And yeah, not to mention our supporting cast around them.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,945

Post#211 » by tydett » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:00 pm

chonestown wrote:Like I don't doubt Horts is selectively leaking (ayyyyy), but I do find it amusing he went from a petrified camera presence to savvy media manipulator in a scant few years. Inspiring!

To be fair, he did learn from one of the best. Another feather in the cap for old Hammonddses to go along with his championship ring!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,069

Post#212 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:23 pm

emunney wrote:

Yeah the Giannis nonsense is ridiculous
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,916

Post#213 » by fansinceforever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:35 pm

I think it's unfair to use that ridiculous (ban worthy?) trade as representative of this board.

The real stalemate on the board seems to be between those who will consider moving Middleton/Dame and those who won't unless it's for an unrealistic level of return. That's what I'd bet the majority of the convo will be around this summer. Not some non-sense Giannis trade.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,209

Post#214 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:37 pm

Bobby and 33 for Nance Jr and 21
Pat and 23 for Thybulle
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,269

Post#215 » by FlagsFlyForever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 pm

JayMKE wrote:Players like Dame don’t win rings anyways what’s the attachment?

Murray, Curry, Kyrie, Ray Allen all won rings recently. Who are the players you view as similar to Lillard?
Read on Twitter
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,444

Post#216 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:Not only am I keeping Thanasis on the team if I'm the GM, I'm starting a campaign to get him on the All-Star team. Can you imagine him in that run-and-dunk, jack half court shots game? It would be incredible.

He might kill a fan with a shot. Or a pass. Or a dunk. No one knows
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,892

Post#217 » by blazza18 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm

Credit to Jon Horst for only hiring coaches he didn't want.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,781

Post#218 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Who says No?

MIL Out: Giannis Brook Bobby Thanasis
MIL In : KD Allen Nurkic

Nurkic
KD
Middleton
Allen
Dame

Dammit. I'm suffering from some mysterious sinus pain, I come here for a distraction, and this is what I see. Thanks. I was going to drill a hole in my nose, but instead I'll go gauge my eyes out.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,444

Post#219 » by KidA24 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:12 am

blazza18 wrote:Credit to Jon Horst for only hiring coaches he didn't want.

It's not Hammond's fault. It's Kohl!
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#220 » by stillgotgame » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:29 am

KidA24 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Credit to Jon Horst for only hiring coaches he didn't want.

It's not Hammond's fault. It's Kohl!

Owners are gonna meddle, it happens. If Griffin’s hiring was to keep Giannis happy then they made the best business decision. Unfortunately business still comes before basketball.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks