ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,762

Re: PG Pacers Game 3: Loss 

Post#181 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 am

PG Graveyard wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
Brook hasn’t lowered his value either. We don’t have bad contracts. We can make some changes.

cool so your telling me were a borderline 2nd round playoff team without giannis?

imagine if he were ever healthy or we could get assets for him that would be eligible to play in the playoffs!

yeah im pissed. why buy in. we may as well be building around kawhi. last post tonight if i pissed people off but these full seasons just feel such a waste. im hurt right now. were gonna lose this thing and were gonna lose it in style and it hurts

I have no idea what you are talking about. Smoke less crack.

Don't get worked up over him, he thought we were better off in the playoffs with Jrue instead of Dame.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#182 » by neiLz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 am

Fun ass game. Love the fight back. Bobby and Brook lineups are just bad. they offer nothing. The brook/Dame Pick n Roll is nice, wish giannis were there to run it instead.

Middleton is that DUDE. gets so much hate, but he is my fav big game player to watch.

bucks figured something out that second half. need to clean up those rebound issues and hopefully even up the series.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#183 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

PG Graveyard wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
Brook hasn’t lowered his value either. We don’t have bad contracts. We can make some changes.

cool so your telling me were a borderline 2nd round playoff team without giannis?

imagine if he were ever healthy or we could get assets for him that would be eligible to play in the playoffs!

yeah im pissed. why buy in. we may as well be building around kawhi. last post tonight if i pissed people off but these full seasons just feel such a waste. im hurt right now. were gonna lose this thing and were gonna lose it in style and it hurts

the response was sad cynicism directed at pp's post and yours in a positive way to the actual points that were made. we have a solid core of great dudes. why would we trade the healthy ones if they can compete. i was seconding your opinion on brook even tho at the same time disagreeing with why it would matter with who comes in if we trade him. what would we be accomplishing other than probably getting worse?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,124

Post#184 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

Goddamnn. Looking forward to heartbreak on dvr.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#185 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Don't get worked up over him, he thought we were better off in the playoffs with Jrue instead of Dame.

jrue/allen/picks > injured dame

no question dame won the first game with giannis out. i'll give him that. but we burned the barn down for him and we arent gonna win **** and we dont have a backup plan.

as a fan of THE FRANCHISE its a disheartening time
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,601

Post#186 » by tski1972 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:33 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
BigO wrote:
I can understand wondering why Brook only had 4 rebounds. But BP had 18 rebounds and you guys with your narratives can't help yourself with the anti BP bias.

Half the people on this board wanted BP to sit the entire second half.

No way the Bucks are anywhere close in this game without BP. Everyone but KM were bad the first half. At least I know Hubie knows the game and raved about the value he brought.

There isn't any anti-BP bias here. I watched the game. The dude couldn't find a board to save his life when it mattered. The box score is irrelevant.

I'm not saying that because I hate Bobby. I love his energy out there. I'm saying that because Brook and Bobby were getting outhustled for rebounds by Pacer guards.

Lol, the guy that got 18 rebounds didn't get enough rebounds? How about the 7 footer who had 4? Everyone is expected to rebound. That's how Indiana did it.

The aforementioned 7 footer averaged 5 rebounds/game this season, so I’m not quite sure what more you’re expecting from him.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,947

Post#187 » by jschligs » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 am

theFireBlanket wrote:Goddamnn. Looking forward to heartbreak on dvr.

Can you clip the end of regulation miss by Dame where he expected a foul but didn't get it? I'm curious.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#188 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:45 am

jschligs wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:Goddamnn. Looking forward to heartbreak on dvr.

Can you clip the end of regulation miss by Dame where he expected a foul but didn't get it? I'm curious.

What's annoying is they called the foul previously but didn't let him shoot. Every time that happens he misses the shot after that. Then he tried to time it to get three free throws instead of looking for a good shot. Either way he played hurt and Khris played well. The refs helped us stay in the game in the first half.
GregAz
Ballboy
And1: 55

Post#189 » by GregAz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am

midranger wrote:Not sign and trading Brook last year was a real bad move

Was that even on the table though?
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 703

Post#190 » by ColeWorld23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 am

Gotta enjoy every second of Prime Playoff Middleton, truly a master class to watch as a basketball fan
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,411

Post#191 » by KidA24 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

GregAz wrote:
midranger wrote:Not sign and trading Brook last year was a real bad move

Was that even on the table though?

For a poo poo platter from Houston.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,775

Post#192 » by AussieBuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 am

80+ minutes of Brook and Bobby in the playoffs feels like a war crime.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,337

Post#193 » by rilamann » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 am

Dame will be 34 this July and he will have solid trade value this summer. Giannis still doesn't turn 30 for 8 more months.

I would be trying like hell to trade Dame for some quality young players.

If Giannis and Dame had been a great fit and the Bucks had won 55-60 games and had a real shot at the Finals I would feel different and probably say lets run it back.

But Giannis & Dame are not a good fit and I think you have a limited ceiling with Dame because he is so bad defensively. When it comes to an NBA defense, you're only as strong as your weakest link.

Plus I am just not a fan of relying on old players. We kind of seen it tonight with Dame falling down and hobbling around. We see it with Middleton.

Just from personal experience as someone who played basketball on a regular basis between junior high and my late 30's, it's amazing how easily you can injure yourself by simply just playing basketball once you are into your 30's. I am sure anyone here in their mid to late 30's or older who plays basketball would agree.

And I am sure that is even more so the case for NBA players, by the time they even hit 30 they have a ton of basketball related wear and tear on their bodies and they play at such a high level. And these older guys have to compete against guys 10+ years younger. It's not like the NBA has separate age groups.

Half our team looking old or being hobbled by playoff time every season is getting old, literally and figuratively.

I would love to see the Bucks overhaul the roster and go younger. Maybe it doesn't work out, but going with a bunch of old guys who are only going to continue to get older is not the way to go.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#194 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 am

I was listening to Dave Koehn call the end of the 3rd/ 4th & OT.

All of those 4+ ORB possessions for Indiana were aggravating. But the momentum felt good still. Then Midds sent em to OT. But when it happened again in OT, my faith was all but lost. Could've seen 2OT the waY Khris was hitting shots... Now I get to see for my eyes.

Sounds like game 4 is gonna be competitive. Could've lost way worse.Injured Dame, Middlrton qurstionavle & does this sh--. i feel pretty good about their chances still.

theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#195 » by theFireBlanket » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 am

BigO wrote:
The horrendous rebounding against one of the worst rebounding teams in the NBA is because there are only two good rebounders on the team right now, BP and KM. Brook can't rebound and if his supposed forte is blocking out, then he must have left that skill at home.

In game 1 they rebounded decent, then started letting these oboards go & Indiana cut it down. This team was abominable at rebounding to start the year & its showing now. Just one crucial board could've turned this game.

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,142

Post#196 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 am

rilamann wrote:Plus I am just not a fan of relying on old players. We kind of seen it tonight with Dame falling down and hobbling around. We see it with Middleton.

You act like these dude were walking to the bathroom with their walkers and just fell over, literally both guys "falling down and hobbling around" were from stepping on someones foot and rolling an ankle. If you think that's limited to old guys I mean, ok. Ironically, the dude who literally fell to the ground walking up the court holding his leg is our 29 year old superman.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,337

Post#197 » by rilamann » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
rilamann wrote:Plus I am just not a fan of relying on old players. We kind of seen it tonight with Dame falling down and hobbling around. We see it with Middleton.

You act like these dude were walking to the bathroom with their walkers and just fell over, literally both guys "falling down and hobbling around" were from stepping on someones foot and rolling an ankle. If you think that's limited to old guys I mean, ok.

You become more prone to those kinds of things as you get older. Your body has wear and tear on it, you have injuries from over the years that have added up and nagging injuries that can become easily aggravated. It's not as much ''bad luck'' as you think. Old guys playing basketball are injuries waiting to happen.

You see the Pacers running and flying around and you don't see thier guys getting hurt or hobbling around. It's not so much that the Pacers have good luck as much as it is that most of the guys on their roster are in their 20's.

We didn't have to hold our breath every time Middleton fell down when he was in 20's.

It's an old cliche, but there is a reason they say basketball is a young man's game, especially NBA basketball.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,926

Post#198 » by ampd » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 am

It's wild that we are on track to have been 30-13, fire our rookie head coach because we were failing the eye test, hire a retread who has mostly underachieved with loaded rosters his entire career, gone under .500 since while still failing the eye test, and then crash out of the playoffs in the first round because our roster other than Giannis can't play defense or rebound.

I wanted a change as much as anyone, but I'm starting to think Bud was a miracle worker.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,142

Post#199 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 am

rilamann wrote:You see the Pacers running and flying around and you don't see thier guys getting hurt or hobbling around. It's not so much that the Pacers have good luck as much as it most of the guys on their roster are in their 20's.

Haliburton literally had a midseason injury that greatly impacted him (and still is seemingly) adn then he forced himself to like to 65 games played so he could get contract incentives. He played 56 and 58 games due to injuries previous years at 21 and 23 years old. Turner has played 62, 42 and 47 games the previous three seasons ages 24-27. One of the Pacers best young players is literally sitting out the entire playoffs right now with an injury. Like what world do you live in.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,969

Post#200 » by Prez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:35 am

It's easy to nitpick about the age of the roster and whatnot but I'm not sure what was expected with Giannis out. They've fought hard this series and a couple bounces go our way we're 2-1 even without him, old injury prone roster and all. And would be up 3-0 if he was available. It literally just comes down to Giannis. I'm proud of how the team has played all things considered, they were a team built around an all-time great big man and they're performing valiantly without him, but losing games because of they're missing the things said all-time great big usually does (rebounding, rim pressure on O, help D, etc). It is what it is.

If anything, I feel better about next season. I'm still cool rolling with Giannis/Dame/Khris as the foundational trio, getting AJ/Dre firmly in the rotation as 25+ mpg guys, and just doing a shakeup of the vets around them.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks