ImageImage

PG Pacers Game 3: Loss

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,125

Re: PG Pacers Game 3: Loss 

Post#141 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 am

MikeIsGood wrote:Indiana was 13/49 from deep and we needed 42 from Khris going full blown Michael Jordan to still lose in OT. Bless y'all still hopeful. We need Giannis or it's not happening IMO.

We were 10/31 with some hail Marys. It's not like we shot 40%.

I also think Dame is hurt. Yeah midds was hot, but you don't go away from Dame thatany possessions in a row unless something is up
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,265

Post#142 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 am

The silver lining I’m taking from this is that we’ve got a chance Sunday (I’m assuming Giannis is out for this series)

Other silver lining is Dame, Khris and Bobby have been putting up some statz. Helps the trade value this summer.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,143

Post#143 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:30 am

Bobby and Brook were trash defensively. Bobby held his own a couple post up ISO possessions on Siakam but he was absolutely lost defensively tonight even when he was standing in a corner in the zone. Brook was slow as hell. They abused him with Turner who isn't the most agile guy himself and forced him to hard commit, which usually led to a blow by or a wide open ft line jumper. They were problems.

Pat Bev was disappointing. His usual hard-o antics were used up at miserable times and it caused us to give up some pretty timely possessions to Indy. I think it was abnormal but he was not smart at all tonight.

Also like all this back and forth about who was rebounding and not, you know you don't have to just play it back in your head, it's 2024.
Like unquestionably there was a few pivotal offensive rebounds where Bobby was ball watching and not putting a body on anybody and/or out of position. Obviously, it wasn't just him though.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&ContextMeasure=OREB&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=31800&GameID=0042300123&PlayerID=0&RangeType=0&Season=2023-24&SeasonType=Playoffs&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612754&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#144 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:30 am

RiotPunch wrote:I would love to see BP's rebounding chances relative to his 18. Brook and the guards were definitely also terrible. Group effort. Needed the youths out there to snag the 50/50's.

BP with 18 rebounds.

Board: He should have had 36. :banghead: :banghead:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,023

Post#145 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

rilamann wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Plossum wrote:This year is just cursed.

The last three years.

You greatly increase your odds of being "Cursed" when you rely on a bunch of old guys.

You almost forget what I feels like to have a team full of guys under 30 who aren't constantly aggravating an injury.

Giannis is under 30. By far our most important player. He was injured and missed playoff games in '21, '23 and '24. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,505

Post#146 » by HKPackFan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

I am concerned we blew our wad with Khris and Dame giving it all tonight. They may not be able to recuperate in time for the next game.

I have a feeling next one could be a blowout.

while Green and AJJ can help tighten up the D and get those 50/50 balls, set good screens, they don't provide the firepower of Khris and Dame.

And you will hear this yammering of, "Well you wanted the young kids and see how that worked out you fools!"

The point is, these young guys are the role players, doing the dirty work, providing the positive impact to help the stars doing their thing, but don't expect them to also lead the offense.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#147 » by Coach Carter » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

Good effort from the team in front of a difficult crowd, where you're not going to get a good whistle. Khris hasn't been healthy since 21 but he continues to show what an elite shooter he is. Rebounding is what killed us in the end; When Hali can shoot a 3 and then go get the offensive board, that says everything. Gotta get younger and choose starting 5's accordingly.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,505

Post#148 » by HKPackFan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:Indiana was 13/49 from deep and we needed 42 from Khris going full blown Michael Jordan to still lose in OT. Bless y'all still hopeful. We need Giannis or it's not happening IMO.

We were 10/31 with some hail Marys. It's not like we shot 40%.

I also think Dame is hurt. Yeah midds was hot, but you don't go away from Dame thatany possessions in a row unless something is up

He was hobbled. Multiple times he pointed at Khris to just do your thing. The injury left him with no ability to lift off.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,272

Post#149 » by RiotPunch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 am

BigO wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I would love to see BP's rebounding chances relative to his 18. Brook and the guards were definitely also terrible. Group effort. Needed the youths out there to snag the 50/50's.

BP with 18 rebounds.

He honestly could have had 4-6 more very easy ones. We obviously needed all 18 as he was the only big getting any. I'm really not knocking him for the overall output, just the very timely lapses.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
BigO
Analyst

Post#150 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 am

HKPackFan wrote:I am concerned we blew our wad with Khris and Dame giving it all tonight. They may not be able to recuperate in time for the next game.

while Green and AJJ can help tighten up the D and get those 50/50 balls, set good screens, they don't provide the firepower of Khris and Dame.

And you will hear this yammering of, "Well you wanted the young kids and see how that worked out you fools!"

The point is, these young guys are the role players, doing the dirty work, providing the positive impact to help the stars doing their thing, but don't expect them to also lead the offense.

Good post. I'm expecting a comfortable Pacer win for the reasons you mentioned.

You also zeroed in on the dilemma Doc has. Do you play offense or defense? And the answer is probably you have to play it by ear, as he did and see how the game goes.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,125

Post#151 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:37 am

Ryan5UW wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cool. Explain to the media why you are a good coach while explaining a huge vulnerability of your team for the opponent to use. Just covering his ass
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#152 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 am

Doesn't sound promising for Dame to play in 2 days.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,337

Post#153 » by rilamann » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 am

paulpressey25 wrote:The silver lining I’m taking from this is that we’ve got a chance Sunday (I’m assuming Giannis is out for this series)

Other silver lining is Dame, Khris and Bobby have been putting up some statz. Helps the trade value this summer.

It was really cool to see Middleton have a throwback game, 2021 Middleton was back, for at least one night.

That said, I will join you in being one of the ''jerks'' who will say that tonight have done some really good things for Middleton's trade value this off season.

The idea of opening the 2024'25 season with Giannis and only 4 guys from last season. Would excite the hell out of me.

It's time to get younger.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#154 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 am

Ryan5UW wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cool. Explain to the media why you are a good coach while explaining a huge vulnerability of your team for the opponent to use. Just covering his ass

Yeah that's weird. Why even talk about that?
BigO
Analyst

Post#155 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:39 am

RiotPunch wrote:
BigO wrote:

BP with 18 rebounds.

He honestly could have had 4-6 more very easy ones. We obviously needed all 18 as he was the only big getting any. I'm really not knocking him for the overall output, just the very timely lapses.

For sure. But that's why he isn't a starter. Brook is and Brook needs to realize that he needs to get more than 4 rebounds in 40 minutes.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#156 » by Coach Carter » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 am

GoldenAntlers wrote:Khris is amazing.

Fixed, I was getting 21 vibes
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,877

Post#157 » by RubberSoul » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 am

I hope Doc decides this was too hard and retires to go back to TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,911

Post#158 » by Dick Tate » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 am

HKPackFan wrote:I am concerned we blew our wad with Khris and Dame giving it all tonight. They may not be able to recuperate in time for the next game.

True, and for all the screaming going on about Doc not going to them in OT, you’re talking about a bench that scored 6 points. Pretty easy to see why he stuck with the starters.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,265

Post#159 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 am

You guys are going at it too hard on the starters. The bench was the problem.

We got a grand total of 6 points from them. Six.

That’s partly why we weren’t getting rebounds. The starters were just gassed.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,413

Post#160 » by KidA24 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah that's weird. Why even talk about that?

It's never Doc's fault.

He's a bad leader.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks