Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,265

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Horst to Detroit rumor 

Post#1921 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:38 am

Be Here Now wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:We undervalue our players on here (save for the TI's of Khris for AD or something)

Yet there's no way Riley will trade 3 role players for Dame?

Herro averaged 20/5/5. That’s not a role player.
Pretty much everyone in the league likes Jaime. He’s a rookie
Jovic may amount to nothing, but he’s 20 years old.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 279

Post#1922 » by Be Here Now » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:55 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Herro averaged 20/5/5. That’s not a role player.
Pretty much everyone in the league likes Jaime. He’s a rookie
Jovic may amount to nothing, but he’s 20 years old.

I don't think Herro is thought of very highly around the league, and the realgm board consensus last year was the Heat were better off when he went out against us.
Love Jaime. Horst not landing a guy of this caliber over the past 5 years has been the real killer and should cost him his job. But I doubt he's ever an all star. Maybe one of those guys who makes it once or twice.
I fail to see why Jovic should have any more value than a guy like AJ Green. Miami org has done a great job hyping him.

Of course Miami takes that deal in second. It's basically the same one that PDX told them to pound sand on last year.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,023

Post#1923 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am

I'd try to flip Herro to a third team.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#1924 » by Profound23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 am

Did Middleton raise his trade value tonight?
Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 279

Post#1925 » by Be Here Now » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 am

Agreed. Don't think I'm making that trade given Dame's playoff performance and recent comments about MKE and relationship with Giannis.

Keeping Khris too. Given his horrible health track record, you're never getting back what he's worth to us for 40-50 games and the playoffs.

Bobby and Brook should be the trade bait. Luckily those two have been ironmen when it comes to the avg big man, so they're moveable.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,863

Post#1926 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

Dame and Midds have both shown enough in the playoffs that have me kinda optimistic about a two year window if the GM can find the right players to put around them and Giannis.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#1927 » by Karsenmitsche » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am

Still think Lopez for Dillon Brooks is about as perfect of a trade match as you can find
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
yb90
Senior
And1: 247

Post#1928 » by yb90 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 am

I know I'm in the minority but if the Warriors include a pick I'd do Wiggins/Looney for Brook/Connaughton.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#1929 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 am

I think this is the turning point for me where I switch to we need to blow it up. Dame is injured now for sure, Giannis who knows but if he comes back and injures his Achilles there goes his trade value, same with Dame.

Sit all of them and blow it up. Send Giannis to OKC and maybe we get to see him win another chip. Dame to Miami. Brook to GSW and Middleton to Orlando.

Now is the time to do this when we an still get good young players and picks in return. Doc will retire, he won't want to coach a rebuild.

Run this back next year and there is a serious chance that we will get next to nothing for Dame Khris Brook and a chance Giannis gets seriously injured.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,969

Post#1930 » by Prez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 am

I could not disagree more with the above ^, if anything, this series has me wanting to stick with the Giannis/Dame/Khris trio, let AJ/Dre loose next season, and just shake up the rest of the roster (namely Bobby/Brook for a more athletic front court).

Khris is still a **** dawg, Dame has shown he's still got a playoff gear in him, if we had 34 right now we'd be comfortably up 3-0 in this series. I trust in those dudes. It's the rest of em (besides Dre/AJ) that need to go.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#1931 » by Fotis St » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 am

Nothing matters if we get stabbed in the back from Giannis. He literally played injured, risked a whole year, to stop a 4L streak, few days before the playoffs. It is possible he plays injured Game 4 or 5 and tears his achilles and MD opens a 2025 plan thread.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,265

Post#1932 » by humanrefutation » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 am

You don't trade Giannis. You just don't. He's a once in a generation - ****, once in a lifetime - talent. A top 5 NBA player who wants to be here. That doesn't happen. Hell, the only other example of a top 5 NBA player that we've ever had on our roster - Kareem - wanted out after six seasons.

You don't trade Giannis.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#1933 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am

Fotis St wrote:Nothing matters if we get stabbed in the back from Giannis. He literally played injured, risked a whole year, to stop a 4L streak, few days before the playoffs. It is possible he plays injured Game 4 or 5 and tears his achilles and MD opens a 2025 plan thread.

This is the craziest timeline
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,271

Post#1934 » by RiotPunch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 am

pifhluk23 wrote:I think this is the turning point for me where I switch to we need to blow it up. Dame is injured now for sure, Giannis who knows but if he comes back and injures his Achilles there goes his trade value, same with Dame.

Sit all of them and blow it up. Send Giannis to OKC and maybe we get to see him win another chip. Dame to Miami. Brook to GSW and Middleton to Orlando.

Now is the time to do this when we an still get good young players and picks in return. Doc will retire, he won't want to coach a rebuild.

Run this back next year and there is a serious chance that we will get next to nothing for Dame Khris Brook and a chance Giannis gets seriously injured.

WAS I NOT CLEAR IN THE GAME THREAD
Trading Giannis is not the answer.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#1935 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

pifhluk23 wrote:I think this is the turning point for me where I switch to we need to blow it up. Dame is injured now for sure, Giannis who knows but if he comes back and injures his Achilles there goes his trade value, same with Dame.

even horst is rumored out. he knows hes screwed either way no matter how it goes.

the **** is over. you nailed it.... move them now before it becomes obvious to EVERYBODY these 4 guys are on fumes.

but we wont because you cant trade giannis so well stick it out and we can be the clippers or suns of the east. yay
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1936 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am

blazza18 wrote:Dame and Midds have both shown enough in the playoffs that have me kinda optimistic about a two year window if the GM can find the right players to put around them and Giannis.

but you have to play these 3 guys enough to actually reach the playoffs and still be healthy. and when any of the three actually play hard they get hurt. thats the challenge.

practically winning the inseason tourney is a much more attainable goal for the 3 moving forward. maybe if we dont break it up i can focus on that
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1937 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am

BigO wrote:Here's the Bucks trade value from most to least, not counting Giannis:

Dame
Bobby
Brook
KM

No one else is worth mentioning. Maybe someone gives a second rounder for PC.

please update this.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man

Post#1938 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:38 pm

Prez wrote:I could not disagree more with the above ^, if anything, this series has me wanting to stick with the Giannis/Dame/Khris trio, let AJ/Dre loose next season, and just shake up the rest of the roster (namely Bobby/Brook for a more athletic front court).

Khris is still a **** dawg, Dame has shown he's still got a playoff gear in him, if we had 34 right now we'd be comfortably up 3-0 in this series. I trust in those dudes. It's the rest of em (besides Dre/AJ) that need to go.

It's a serious risk to run it back. I understand its what the org will do and what most fans want but Presti would be trading everyone this year. We can all still root for Giannis on OKC. In fact that would give us 2 teams to root for instead of just praying everyday that old guys don't deteriorate or get injured.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#1939 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:43 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
BigO wrote:Here's the Bucks trade value from most to least, not counting Giannis:

Dame
Bobby
Brook
KM

No one else is worth mentioning. Maybe someone gives a second rounder for PC.

please update this.

Great game by KM, but I've always thought he was worth more to the Bucks than to any other team. No team is going to trade for KM because of his age, unless they are on the verge of winning a championship and he is the missing piece.

And then you add in the injury history and his contract and I doubt a contender will want to take that risk. If you were the Bucks and they needed a player like KM, would you throw all that money at someone with his history, age and contract?
pifhluk23
Sixth Man

Post#1940 » by pifhluk23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 pm

If the organization doesn't see blow it up as an option then Giannis for KD + whatever they got actually makes a ton of sense. That timeline lines up perfectly with Dame and Khris.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks