ImageImage

2024 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 221

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#121 » by rayallenscalves » Fri May 3, 2024 3:40 pm

I've love for the Bucks to finally invest in some young, talented bigs and there should be a few in their range come draft night. Indiana's Kel-el Ware and Duke's Kyle Filipowski are of particular interest. I'm really just sick of seeing Thanasis as our Point Center in garbage time. Get a real big for those minutes.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,008

Post#122 » by BUCKnation » Fri May 3, 2024 3:58 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Love Shannon, Jr. despite the off court stuff, think he's going to be a great pro. I do realize we would need to trade up for him. I do like KyShawn George a lot as well, but think he goes teens.

Would love to get out of the draft with a playable wing and a rotational big. I'd be good with Edey but wouldn't move up for him.

He was the best player I saw all season, but his off court is bad, bad if true.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,921

Post#123 » by fansinceforever » Fri May 3, 2024 3:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
neiLz wrote:which team is willing to give up a late lotto pick for bobby or brook? need to pull a spurs and target a young guy and hopefully hit like they did with kawhi a few years back.

Brook to OKC for #12
Bobby to Sacramento for #13

Probably the two most likely scenarios. I'd be targeting Devin Carter and Jared McCain.

Would you bet that these guys can play right away? I know nothing about them.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,255

Post#124 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 3, 2024 4:02 pm

I don't know how any of you guys can get into the draft when you've got Horst and Co. in charge. I have zero confidence in their ability to find an impact player.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,303

Post#125 » by jakecronus8 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:05 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I don't know how any of you guys can get into the draft when you've got Horst and Co. in charge. I have zero confidence in their ability to find an impact player.

Exactly my thoughts. If we have a new GM and scouting staff I hope they keep both picks if not package them for a higher pick.

If its Horst and co. trade them away. Literally would rather pull names from a hat than let Horst pick another nobody. Would've been a better strategy for the last 35ish years of Bucks draft picks in most years.

I don't know much about this class yet, but I do generally like the scouting reports of who is being projected around that vicinity as of now. Draft two bigger (6'7 ish) wings with projectable jumpers and a pulse defensively.
Do it for Chuck
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,095

Post#126 » by Ron Swanson » Fri May 3, 2024 4:06 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
neiLz wrote:which team is willing to give up a late lotto pick for bobby or brook? need to pull a spurs and target a young guy and hopefully hit like they did with kawhi a few years back.

Brook to OKC for #12

Probably the two most likely scenarios. I'd be targeting Devin Carter and Jared McCain.

Carter, Kevin McCullar, Tristan da Silva, Dillon Jones, and Jaylon Tyson are the dudes you wanna zero in on for any chance of getting a "can contribute as a rookie" type guy.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,600

Post#127 » by Frank Nova » Fri May 3, 2024 4:32 pm

At 23 give me 1 of Bub Carrington, Tristan Da Silva or Kel’el Ware and I’ll be real excited.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#128 » by Karsenmitsche » Fri May 3, 2024 4:46 pm

rayallenscalves wrote:I've love for the Bucks to finally invest in some young, talented bigs and there should be a few in their range come draft night. Indiana's Kel-el Ware and Duke's Kyle Filipowski are of particular interest. I'm really just sick of seeing Thanasis as our Point Center in garbage time. Get a real big for those minutes.

Ware is going to rise in draft boards because of his 3 point % last season but I don’t think he’s actually a good shooter. Only 40 total attempts (1.3 a game) and shot 63% from the FT line. 27% from 3 the previous season is probably closer to where he is as a shooter.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#129 » by pifhluk23 » Fri May 3, 2024 4:48 pm

emunney wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:If we don't trade our picks (which we should) I want Cam Spencer and hope he turns into TJ McConnell. I would use our 2nd on him.

Not to double up on the white-on-white comps, but Spencer is very much like a less athletic Grayson Allen.

I just want him to be TJ McConnell. I think he's a smart player and could actually contribute right away, would definitely grab him with our 2nd rd pick if we don't trade it.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,706

Post#130 » by machu46 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:04 pm

I'm not sure I really buy that we'll ultimately use our pick, but looking at guys outside of the lottery in Givony's latest mock and based on my limited exposure/reading of the prospects so far, the guys that I at least want to research further would be:

- Kyle Filipowski
- Devin Carter
- Jared McCain
- Tristan da Silva
- Kevin McCullar
- Yves Missi
- Juan Nunez
- Johnny Furphy
- Tyler Kolek
- Kel'el Ware
- Ryan Dunn
- Jaylon Tyson
- Dillon Jones

I would guess the handful of guys I'd like to target if we keep the pick will come from that group (or someone currently projected in the lottery that slides).
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Post#131 » by smauss » Fri May 3, 2024 5:06 pm

I love the draft threads. I get quite an education on many young guys I don't know much about. My fear is that regardless of who we draft Doc will have them sitting at the end of the bench.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#132 » by neiLz » Fri May 3, 2024 6:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Brook to OKC for #12

Carter, Kevin McCullar, Tristan da Silva, Dillon Jones, and Jaylon Tyson are the dudes you wanna zero in on for any chance of getting a "can contribute as a rookie" type guy.

This is the way.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,940

Post#133 » by emunney » Fri May 3, 2024 7:02 pm

Said this last year, too, but I like Jalen Bridges as a sleeper. A nice player who can do a little bit of everything.

I was joking in the last GT about Fotis falling in love with Pelle Larsson, but I do think he's a sleeper as well. Smart big guard with all-around skill and some pop. Going to have to speed up his shot.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,706

Post#134 » by machu46 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:11 pm

machu46 wrote:I'm not sure I really buy that we'll ultimately use our pick, but looking at guys outside of the lottery in Givony's latest mock and based on my limited exposure/reading of the prospects so far, the guys that I at least want to research further would be:

- Kyle Filipowski
- Devin Carter
- Jared McCain
- Tristan da Silva
- Kevin McCullar
- Yves Missi
- Juan Nunez
- Johnny Furphy
- Tyler Kolek
- Kel'el Ware
- Ryan Dunn
- Jaylon Tyson
- Dillon Jones

I would guess the handful of guys I'd like to target if we keep the pick will come from that group (or someone currently projected in the lottery that slides).

My initial thoughts having watched a little bit of some of these guys today:

- Kyle Filipowski - Still intrigued, though he would not improve our athleticism in any way. Might make our team athleticism worse.
- Juan Nunez - Still intrigued. Seems to be pretty advanced in terms of passing/reads, particularly in the pick and roll.
- Dillon Jones - Not sure what to make of him yet. A bit skeptical but not totally out on him.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,748

Post#135 » by msiris » Fri May 3, 2024 7:49 pm

emunney wrote:
msiris wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:Idk why we would trade for picks if the goal is to run it back. Rookies are like 1% chance to contribute to an 8 man playoff rotation.
Its more about playing them in the regular season so we don't have to ask the older guys to play 38 minutes a game.

This is a fair point, but it's still true that most drafted guys are not capable of filling those minutes as well as any number of veterans who will not be on rosters to start the season. Better to go that route if that's your goal.
I get that but how do find out if a player is any good if they dont play? There are plenty of younger guys playing through out the league. Our draft has been pretty iffy for awhile now. For example Marjon handles were very iffy so I wuld not drafted him.
Ride the tank
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,923

Post#136 » by Fotis St » Fri May 3, 2024 7:54 pm

OK, my NBA 2024DRAFT journey starts now ...

Johnny Furphy is already a better basketball player than Pat C . He is 19 years old , 6'9 really good shooter, really good at catch n shoot corner 3s... smart cuts , Aussie , what else can you ask for a 19 year old. He is on my watch list ... If he fills his frame with muscle he can have a long NBA career. I like his potential...

Watch List:
Johnny Flurphy
Kel'El Ware
Yves Missi
Tristan Da Silva
Tyler Smith
Oso Ighodaro
Cam Christie
Jamir Watkins
Justin Edwards

Too high :
Alex Sarr
Stephon Castle
Nikola Topic
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,923

Post#137 » by Fotis St » Fri May 3, 2024 9:33 pm

I am falling in love with Cam Christie's 3p splashes
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
emunney
RealGM

Post#138 » by emunney » Fri May 3, 2024 10:04 pm

No surprises here:

Read on Twitter
emunney
RealGM

Post#139 » by emunney » Fri May 3, 2024 10:04 pm

Fotis St wrote:I am falling in love with Cam Christie's 3p splashes

Watch some Payton Sandfort clips.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,602

Post#140 » by tski1972 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:18 pm

Is DaRon Holmes a possibility?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes

Return to Milwaukee Bucks