Around The League - Bill Walton passes from cancer at 71

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,828

Re: Around The League - Vogel Out and Bud in with Suns 

Post#881 » by AussieBuck » Fri May 17, 2024 11:07 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Watched Bud's interview today. He looked refreshed and healthy. Hoping for good things for him, though I think that Suns situation is a catastrophe in the making.

I immediately thought that also, he looked noticeably thinner and healthier. Happy for him that he got a year off and now a fresh start.

Plus he'll probably only have to work one more year and then get 3 paid years off afterwards.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,189

Post#882 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 18, 2024 12:57 am

McBride looks great tonight.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#883 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 18, 2024 1:02 am

Donte making some tough buckets.

Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,550

Post#884 » by Milbucks96 » Sat May 18, 2024 1:28 am

I need New York to close it out tonight. I didn’t think they were going to be able to win this series after Og went down but I really don’t want Indiana to win :dontknow:
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,982

Post#885 » by jschligs » Sat May 18, 2024 2:05 am

I just reallllly don't like Haliburton.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Post#886 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat May 18, 2024 2:15 am

jute2003 wrote:
Prez wrote:I know there are many people who think we **** suck lol, but I’ve yet to see a team in these playoffs that I don’t think a healthy 34/0/22 could beat. These playoffs turned out to be totally open, which is what makes the injuries so much more brutal.
These teams are still playing. The Bucks are not. Injuries suck but at this point, you have to assume the Bucks, as currently built, will be broken come playoff time. It's a **** excuse

So what is your plan to address the player who has been broken the past two years who we built our team around?
Read on Twitter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,925

Post#887 » by blazza18 » Sat May 18, 2024 2:43 am

I don't know how these east playoff teams properly evaluate how good they actually are in the offseason. Injuries have totally messed things up.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,231

Post#888 » by FrieAaron » Sat May 18, 2024 4:25 am

blazza18 wrote:I don't know how these east playoff teams properly evaluate how good they actually are in the offseason. Injuries have totally messed things up.

Yeah it's been crazy. Have to think Cavs without Allen and Mitchell, Knicks without OG and Randle and Heat without Jimmy all have a ceiling of like 40 wins
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,339

Post#889 » by humanrefutation » Sat May 18, 2024 7:42 am

Gant wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Watched Bud's interview today. He looked refreshed and healthy. Hoping for good things for him, though I think that Suns situation is a catastrophe in the making.

Fortunately for him the catastrophe largely has already been made. It happened on someone else's watch. What he has to do is unlock some of the value that's in place.

If they fail again next season, it should be on whoever shopped for the ingredients, not on the chef.

I'm sure Frank Vogel could make the same argument.

James Jones is definitely on the hot seat with Ishbia, but a new GM is going to want to bring in their own coach, too. My guess is that Bud's leash is longer than Vogel's was, if only because Ishbia doesn't want to look like a fool and fire a one year coach two years in a row. But I'm guessing that the leash isn't that much longer.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#890 » by jute2003 » Sat May 18, 2024 2:33 pm

FlagsFlyForever wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
Prez wrote:I know there are many people who think we **** suck lol, but I’ve yet to see a team in these playoffs that I don’t think a healthy 34/0/22 could beat. These playoffs turned out to be totally open, which is what makes the injuries so much more brutal.
These teams are still playing. The Bucks are not. Injuries suck but at this point, you have to assume the Bucks, as currently built, will be broken come playoff time. It's a **** excuse

So what is your plan to address the player who has been broken the past two years who we built our team around?
Tweak his playstyle and reduce his offensive responsibilities. No more constant battering ram offense. Shift the regular season offense towards Dame and khris and have him focus more on defense and rebounding. That doesn't mean he scores 12 ppg but 30 plus and all that usage aren't necessary.

Hope that's enough for him to actually be able to play when it matters.

New big guys and more athleticism on the team would also help him.
only a fan, only an opinion
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,628

Post#891 » by PG Graveyard » Sat May 18, 2024 10:39 pm

Should the officials just wear Knicks jerseys for the game tomorrow?
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#892 » by Matches Malone » Sun May 19, 2024 12:15 am

Trajan Langdon, Scott Perry, Dennis Lindsey and John Hammond have impressed in interviews and are front-runners to meet with Pistons owner Tom Gores, as the franchise hopes to fill the position before next month’s NBA Draft

Read on Twitter

He is inevitable.

MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,192

Post#893 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun May 19, 2024 12:57 am

Would Kidd leading the Mavs to a championship be more vomit inducing than Boston? Don’t think it would be for me but still kind of unsettling.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#894 » by rilamann » Sun May 19, 2024 1:09 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:Would Kidd leading the Mavs to a championship be more vomit inducing than Boston? Don’t think it would be for me but still kind of unsettling.

It wouldn't bother me, but it would give winning an NBA championship (As a head coach) somewhat of an Anybody can do it factor.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,302

Post#895 » by DingleJerry » Sun May 19, 2024 1:13 am

PG Graveyard wrote:Should the officials just wear Knicks jerseys for the game tomorrow?

Generally agree with the narrative you're getting at (obviously NY ratings) though I'm not a conspiracy guy in this era of NBA. But there's possibly an argument that having Indiana win could be better as they could possibly win a game or two vs Boston. They also have some young athletes to try to hang with Bostons wings. Knicks with all these guys hurt has sweep written all over it. Essentially I'm just saying I think Indy would give them a better series. Personally I'm still rooting for the knicks though
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#896 » by rilamann » Sun May 19, 2024 1:15 am

PG Graveyard wrote:Should the officials just wear Knicks jerseys for the game tomorrow?

Crazy to think that there is an entire generation of NBA fans that are unaware of what happens when the Knicks host a game 7....lol. Knicks haven't hosted a game 7 since 1995.

I'm sure the NBA will send their absolute best out there tomorrow to officiate. Knick Bavetta probably even offered to come out of retirement for a day to officiate tomorrow. Scott Foster and Zack Zarba should be able to get the job done, maybe throw in Marc Davis for good measure. I am actually kind of shocked the league didn't save Tony Brothers for tomorrow's Knicks game.

:lol:
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#897 » by trwi7 » Sun May 19, 2024 1:24 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Trajan Langdon, Scott Perry, Dennis Lindsey and John Hammond have impressed in interviews and are front-runners to meet with Pistons owner Tom Gores, as the franchise hopes to fill the position before next month’s NBA Draft

Read on Twitter

He is inevitable.

Dude should literally just open a business where he coaches people how to ace job interviews because there's no other explanation.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,419

Post#898 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 19, 2024 1:34 am

trwi7 wrote:
Dude should literally just open a business where he coaches people how to ace job interviews because there's no other explanation.

It’s be even funnier if he knifed Horst out.

“i taught that kid everything. Why hire the copy when you can have the original”
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
rilamann
RealGM

Post#899 » by rilamann » Sun May 19, 2024 2:19 am

Game 6 when the home team in game 6 is up 3-2 are always one of my favorite scenarios.

You have the opportunity to win the series at home, but if you blow it you face a game 7 on the road.

I still get a bit nauseated when I think back to game 6 vs Boston in 2022.

Wasted a 44/20 game from Giannis because he literally got no help. One of Giannis' greatest and most clutch efforts, forgotten because we obviously didn't win the game.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,411

Post#900 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 19, 2024 2:28 am

Shai having too many passive possessions.

ETA: There he go.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks