ImageImage

Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - Sparky postgame show back starting tomorrow 

Post#861 » by theFireBlanket » Thu May 9, 2024 11:13 pm

I didn't realize Gil's Arena host was Marques' son (Josiah).
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,372

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) 

Post#862 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:01 pm

For those walking the street next to Mecca, you've seen the Wisconsin Sports Hall of Fame plaques. I always enjoy stopping and looking at some of the names from the past.

Two updates (one good and one bad) per the:

https://biztimes.com/wisconsin-athletic-hall-of-fame-walkway-upgrades-could-be-complete-in-time-for-rnc/

The good: They are putting up a giant media board to run clips, highlights, etc.

The bad: They are getting rid of doing the bronze busts because reasons. So when Giannis gets on there, he'll be a video screen. Personally I love those plaques. Gives a sense of permanence and history IMO.

Founded in 1951, the Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame stopped adding bronze plaques for inductees a few years ago because space was running low to display them, they are extremely heavy (weighing 250 to 400 pounds each), some have been degraded by years and the elements, and today’s fans prefer to engage with modern forms of media, Lammi said.

“We felt more interactive, interview-focused videos or backlit images on stationary boards would be a better way to celebrate inductees moving forward,” Lammi said. “We just don’t think continuing to place these bronze plaques, which people aren’t necessarily paying a lot of attention to, was the best way to tell the story for these inductees.”
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,982

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - Sparky postgame show back starting tomorrow 

Post#863 » by emunney » Fri May 10, 2024 2:23 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:I didn't realize Gil's Arena host was Marques' son (Josiah).

Former SupremeHustle co-worker Josiah Johnson?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,125

Post#864 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 10, 2024 3:11 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:For those walking the street next to Mecca, you've seen the Wisconsin Sports Hall of Fame plaques. I always enjoy stopping and looking at some of the names from the past.

Two updates (one good and one bad) per the:

https://biztimes.com/wisconsin-athletic-hall-of-fame-walkway-upgrades-could-be-complete-in-time-for-rnc/

The good: They are putting up a giant media board to run clips, highlights, etc.

The bad: They are getting rid of doing the bronze busts because reasons. So when Giannis gets on there, he'll be a video screen. Personally I love those plaques. Gives a sense of permanence and history IMO.

Founded in 1951, the Wisconsin Athletic Hall of Fame stopped adding bronze plaques for inductees a few years ago because space was running low to display them, they are extremely heavy (weighing 250 to 400 pounds each), some have been degraded by years and the elements, and today’s fans prefer to engage with modern forms of media, Lammi said.

“We felt more interactive, interview-focused videos or backlit images on stationary boards would be a better way to celebrate inductees moving forward,” Lammi said. “We just don’t think continuing to place these bronze plaques, which people aren’t necessarily paying a lot of attention to, was the best way to tell the story for these inductees.”

Ridiculous. The plaques are cool. If you have to have some video boards so be it but keep the plaques. And there aren't alternatives that look that same that don't weigh 250-400? Come on now.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,372

Post#865 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:03 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Ridiculous. The plaques are cool. If you have to have some video boards so be it but keep the plaques. And there aren't alternatives that look that same that don't weigh 250-400? Come on now.

Yep. No reason they can't keep doing the plaques. It must be a cost situation, disguised as "the people wanted just a video screen"
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks