ImageImage

Today's Team Meeting

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,289

Post#781 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:07 am

I think Gordon could start for plenty of NBA teams right now. His decision making isn't the greatest, but he sees things develop faster than any of his teammates and it leads to turnovers when they aren't ready for his passes.

He's got a good handle, defends well, has excellent athleticism and range from anywhere on the court. I think he's an outstanding NBA shooting guard prospect.

He isn't a LeBron or Wade type playmaker. But he's a guy that you could run an offense through on the perimeter. I don't have any doubt about that.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#782 » by Epicurus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:14 am

Then you should, says this citizen of Bloomington, Indiana, the home of Indiana University.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,289

Post#783 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:16 am

Epicurus wrote:Then you should, says this citizen of Bloomington, Indiana, the home of Indiana University.

I know you're up on your IU basketball. I just disagree with your assessment.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#784 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:19 am

Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#785 » by Andrew34r » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:21 am

adamcz wrote:(picture)

:clap: :clap: :bowdown: :bowdown: :rofl: :rofl:
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,392

Post#786 » by rilamann » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:23 am

You just punched your ticket to the realgm hall of fame.

:clap: :rofl:
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#787 » by Epicurus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:35 am

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know you're up on your IU basketball. I just disagree with your assessment.

I guess you are not as partial to assits to turnovers as I am. I generally like no matter the league to see guards with 2:1 a/t ratio. Gordon's is .734. He makes really bad choices. He is a freshman.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#788 » by El Duderino » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:44 am

Epicurus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess you are not as partial to assits to turnovers as I am. I generally like no matter the league to see guards with 2:1 a/t ratio. Gordon's is .734. He makes really bad choices. He is a freshman.

Durant had a similar problem in college, except even worse in that he had more turnovers than assists. That was one red flag i had about Durant and this year in the pros, he is averaging 2.2 assists and 2.8 turnovers. I still like his potential, but he's a terrible passer and that's a problem for a guy with the ball in his hands a lot and for a guy who draws quite a a few defenders.

As for Gordon, have you paid much attention to how he defends Epi?
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,293

Post#789 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:27 am

:rofl:

Oh how I've missed these.

The evil eyebrows are a nice touch. Vital to the comedic success of this issue :nod:
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#790 » by Epicurus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:43 am

El Duderino wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Durant had a similar problem in college, except even worse in that he had more turnovers than assists. That was one red flag i had about Durant and this year in the pros, he is averaging 2.2 assists and 2.8 turnovers. I still like his potential, but he's a terrible passer and that's a problem for a guy with the ball in his hands a lot and for a guy who draws quite a a few defenders.

As for Gordon, have you paid much attention to how he defends Epi?

Haven't paid that great of attention re. his defense, but he seems to anticpate very well and close passing lanes, along with swatting the ball from behind (of course, why does his man beat him so I've noticed this manuveue?) I think he needs to be stronger, but he is quick and jumps well. I think your observation is dead on regarding Durant and it is a red flag. Gordon is a hell of a three point shooter, with pro range now.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#791 » by LUKE23 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:47 am

Gordon will never be a good creator/decision maker. Every other area he is pro ready right now IMO. He has NBA ready strength, quickness, jumping ability, range, and mentality. I think he is as confident a scorer as a freshman we've seen in a while.

I think what team he lands on will be a huge element. Needs to have a PG that can create, but from a scorer's standpoint, the kid is definitely ready.
Epicurus
RealGM

Post#792 » by Epicurus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:52 am

The mentality thing, actually social maturity, would bother me a little. As I mentioned before he seems to seek his dad's approval while on the court, constantly monitoring his dad's seating section. Would the Bucks need to hire his dad, along with Bogut's guru, if Gordon joins AB?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#793 » by REDDzone » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:38 am

Good stuff Adam.

:rofl:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Post#794 » by Sigra » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:39 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We should trade evil Mo for evil Artest. At least Artest can play defense 8)
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#795 » by Nebula1 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Sigra wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We should trade evil Mo for evil Artest. At least Artest can play defense 8)

Mo and Bobby for Artest and Kenny Thomas.

Love your sig, Sigra. You need to put Redd in there though.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Post#796 » by Sigra » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Nebula1 wrote:You need to put Redd in there though.

I would if he makes 10M per year :wink:
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#797 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:11 pm

I haven't seen these quotes yet

AP Photos
By COLIN FLY
AP Sports Writer
MILWAUKEE (AP) -- During a road trip to Cleveland, Bucks coach Larry Krystkowiak picked up a pricey pair of lemon verbena candles that he often lights before games in his office.
The calm demeanor often extends to the court, giving the thoughtful former journeyman forward a settling presence in his first full season as an NBA coach.
If only that mellow mood extended to his team.
Personal agendas, squabbles and pathetic play derailed a season that had been billed for the playoffs and even a first-round series victory.
Instead of fighting for postseason position, Milwaukee is 19-34 at the All-Star break. They finished with three brutal losses at home, squandering a 17-point third-quarter lead against the Knicks and falling apart late against the Clippers and Hornets.

Milwaukee has also lost 10 games by 20 points or more.
"It's no fun to lose," said Krystkowiak, who called his first NBA head coaching experience the hardest in his career. "There's not anybody in the organization, I can guarantee you, that's taking it harder than I am. It's that simple, but it's something we can fight out of, we're going to fight, I'm going to fight."

Hopefully, not with each other, but Krystkowiak has bemoaned his players grousing over playing time. Lately, he's had to shoot down rumors that two of his starters got into a heated exchange during a team meeting earlier this week.

The mumbling was so bad that even Krystkowiak's brother sent him a text message trying to flesh out the rumor. Krystkowiak told him it was false, but didn't elaborate.

"There wasn't any standing up and telling somebody to be quiet," Krystkowiak said of a short team meeting on playing time. "I'm not going to get into it. We had players that were discussing things. We came to the conclusion that it's time to move on."

Andrew Bogut, the No. 1 pick in 2005 who appears to have turned a corner, is averaging a career-best 13.4 points and 8.9 rebounds. He's always had a fiery personality, and now he's bearing more of a leadership role.

"Every team has agendas, every team has guys that are going into contract years and looking out for themselves, that's the bottom line," Bogut said. "We have no consistency at the moment."

Sen. Herb Kohl, the Bucks' owner, has said he's disappointed so far, but remains optimistic.
The same can't be said for the future of general manager Larry Harris. He's in the final year of his contract and the Bucks don't appear poised to make any moves at the trade deadline.

"There are no constraints from ownership nor the salary cap that wouldn't allow us to do something," Harris said. "He lets me do my job ... but as far as doing anything, we don't have anything imminent."

Not that there's much value beyond the Bucks' top four of Michael Redd, Mo Williams, Bogut and rookie Yi Jianlian. Redd has three years and $51 million left on his deal, while Williams just started a six-year, $51.5 million deal of his own.

Despite crowds averaging an announced 15,500, there were only about 8,000 watching the final home game before the All-Star break despite playing New Orleans, one of the Western Conference's elite teams.
The fans who were there clearly haven't been pleased with some of Harris' signings, including Bobby Simmons, who is in the midst of a five-year, $47 million contract that's seen him miss a year due to injury and sink to an average of 7.5 points a game in his third year.

A heckler was clearly heard during a crucial fourth-quarter stretch against New Orleans when he shouted at Simmons: "Give the Senator back his money!!!"

Simmons missed both free throws and the Bucks went on to lose despite a one-point lead with 28 seconds left.
Then there's Dan Gadzuric.

Not even halfway through a six-year, $36 million contract he signed in 2005, Gadzuric has made eight starts and played less than 13 minutes a game since the ink dried on the new deal.

He missed three short putbacks against the Hornets, including one when public address announcer Eric Jensen started saying his name for a made basket before halting awkwardly.
Even Yi has hit a rookie wall.

The sixth pick of the draft at power forward was taken out of the starting lineup. He failed to score in double digits in nine straight games and missed two more with an injury before tallying 13 points in each of the final two games before the break.

"There was a lot of promise that we had, but yet we haven't lived up to those expectations and I think that's where the frustrations are coming out," Harris said. "It's disappointing for me and troubling. We're sitting here with 19 wins and we really feel like we've been in so many games and haven't been able to pull those off."

Harris and Krystkowiak insist their team isn't divided. But the players say they need a few days away to try to refocus and salvage the season.

"If we can be consistent, on the same page, which is what we're definitely capable of doing, we'll be in good shape," Bogut said. "But, we're a long way from it."

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#798 » by 75totheMACCfund » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:00 pm

give the senator his money back...that's hilarious...kohl probably had that guy planted there to plant a seed of thought in simmons' mind
kebzach
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#799 » by kebzach » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:09 pm

DrugBust wrote:If the Bucks got lucky, they'd land Eric Gordon in the draft. He's exactly the type of playmaker the backcourt needs.

Eric Gordon makes the current bucks roster look mentally tough as nails. **** that kid.

Drafting Eric Gordon is the quickest way to get me to stop renewing my season tickets.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#800 » by paul » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:28 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:"Every team has agendas, every team has guys that are going into contract years and looking out for themselves, that's the bottom line," Bogut said. "We have no consistency at the moment."[/b]

Harris and Krystkowiak insist their team isn't divided. But the players say they need a few days away to try to refocus and salvage the season.

"If we can be consistent, on the same page, which is what we're definitely capable of doing, we'll be in good shape," Bogut said. "But, we're a long way from it."

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Reading between the lines it sounds like Bogut's saying the team currently is NOT on the same page, or even close to it. Also found the quote about contract years interesting, maybe in reference to what Mo allegedly said to him? Pretty strong quotes without saying anything directly.

Hey nice line by the heckler, but if it was a home fan i wish he'd shut the f*** up until AFTER Bobby's FT's, they were big at that point.

Who does LH think he's fooling when he keeps repeating that Kohl doesn't have him handcuffed? Seriously is there a gm on earth who wouldn't at least be trying to make A move right now if they were allowed?

The most interesting part about this article though is that Bogut was the only player that was interviewed for it, or quoted in it anyway. No Mo, no Redd?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks