ImageImage

Today's Team Meeting

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#761 » by BobbyLight » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:23 pm

uhh... europa's name goes on everything he posts... there's the byline, right?
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#762 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:27 pm

The rumors of a Simmons and/or Villanueva trade frustrate me. That would be better than nothing at all, but still far short of what really needs to happen here. The Bucks still need to choose when they intend to win 50-60 games a year.

If it's in the near future, they need to keep Redd/Bogut and trade Yi/CV/Mo/Draft picks for borderline all-stars. Gasol and Marion already slipped us by, but perhaps there are other good players available.

If it's later, they need to keep Bogut/Yi and possibly Mo and trade Redd/Villanueva for talented team-first players and hopefully for the opportunity to dump Simmons/Gadz.

If they keep Mo/Redd/Yi/Bogut and just swap in a new SF, I'm not sure I'll keep following the rest of the season. That move does nothing to make us a contender or one of the big up and coming teams.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#763 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:28 pm

they're talking about the negative spin media puts on everything now
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#764 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:28 pm

2ss2ls wrote:uhh... europa's name goes on everything he posts... there's the byline, right?
europa isn't a name, unless you are a moon of Jupiter. Not saying he should or shouldn't reveal his identity - just clarifying what they meant.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#765 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:28 pm

75totheMACCfund wrote:they're talking about the negative spin media puts on everything now

So, it's our fault the team sucks and everyone knows?

:roll:
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#766 » by BobbyLight » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:32 pm

adamcz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

europa isn't a name, unless you are a moon of Jupiter. Not saying he should or shouldn't reveal his identity - just clarifying what they meant.

Sorry, should've used green text or something.... That was a poor attempt at humor.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#767 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:34 pm

paschke is going to be on next
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#768 » by Nebula1 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Whatever happens, the guys that I want to stay are: Redd, Yi, Bogut, Bell, Sessions. I'd like Villanueva to stay, but I think his time as a Buck is doomed. Ivey seems like a guy to keep around as well.

Btw, big congrats Europa on making waves.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#769 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:38 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Whatever happens, the guys that I want to stay are: Redd, Yi, Bogut, Bell, Sessions. I'd like Villanueva to stay, but I think his time as a Buck is doomed. Ivey seems like a guy to keep around as well.

Btw, big congrats Europa on making waves.

My sentiments precisely
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#770 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:39 pm

Someone give a recap about what Paschke says. He knows how to lay down the law.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#771 » by Nebula1 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:43 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

My sentiments precisely

Seriously, we probably could've started those 5 from the beginning and won more games than we have. Sessions, Bell, Redd, Yi and Bogut. It's a nice thought.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#772 » by wichmae » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:51 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:Someone give a recap about what Paschke says. He knows how to lay down the law.

he cant say anythign negative and wont.

All this is funny about all these Bucks guests does anyoen expect them to say anythign bad about teh organization thats writing their checks?

They cant and wont.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#773 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:56 pm

Paschke was asked: "You said that the offense went from being a Michael Redd centered offense to an Andrew Bogut offense. Are there players that are resisting this change"

Paschke: "Well, I don't see anyone overtly resisting change, but there is a transition period and just like anyone who's used to something, when it's taken away, it takes some time to get used to that. And I've always said you can't always have Redd as the #1 option, if you can develop another player and make Redd a #2 or #3 option, well probably have a pretty good team. That's not a slight against Redd, but when you have a guy like Bogut who can draw double teams and you have a guy like Redd who can draw double teams, you have to take advantage of that because it opens everything up for all the shooters"

"So where did the organization go wrong with this team?"

Paschke: (Laugh) "Wow, you are putting me on the spot. I don't think I can answer that. I mean I don't think the organization really went wrong with the decisions that have been made. Harris has signed some good players, Kohl has handed out some contracts, sometimes you put a lot of good pieces in the pot, but it doesn't always come out tasting sweet"

Sorry I missed a bunch, best I can do
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,320

Post#774 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:12 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No, but it's basically common knowledge that Mo would be a better fit with a backcourt mate that handles the ball and can initiate offense on his own.

Wade is that player that would allow Mo to play off the ball quite a bit allowing him to be the scorer he is more effective at than playmaker.

I've said as much weeks ago. I think that him next to Wade in Miami would be outstanding. But I still think it's funny that he's good enough for LeBron, or good enough for Wade, but not good enough for the Milwaukee **** Bucks.

If the Bucks got lucky, they'd land Eric Gordon in the draft. He's exactly the type of playmaker the backcourt needs.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#775 » by xTitan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:17 am

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've said as much weeks ago. I think that him next to Wade in Miami would be outstanding. But I still think it's funny that he's good enough for LeBron, or good enough for Wade, but not good enough for the Milwaukee **** Bucks.

If the Bucks got lucky, they'd land Eric Gordon in the draft. He's exactly the type of playmaker the backcourt needs.

you answered your own question..the Bucks do not have Wade or Lebron to run there offense...they have no one....I like Gordon but not sure he can run a half court offense.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#776 » by El Duderino » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:50 am

Gotta pawn off Redd then because Gordan isn't a PG and from the few times i saw him play, i didn't see the same type of creative abilities a LeBron/Wade/Kobe have to be a quasi PG/SG that the offense runs through.

I also didn't pay much attention to whether he defends and 5 years of TJ/Redd or Mo/Redd defensive sieve backcourts are plenty enough for me that it needs to come to an end.

Bogut has greatly improved his defense, but he's certainly no Mutombo type of defense force in the paint that can cover for sieve backcourts. If the Bucks ever intend to have a team with a defense that's at least decent enough to be a playoff threat, we need to add some defenders and subtract non-defenders instead of expecting coaches to works miracles with a roster of mediocre and bad defenders.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#777 » by Epicurus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 am

Eric Gordon is far from NBA ready. Maybe in 3-4 years he and Yi and bogut would be effective together. Seems like a long wait.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#778 » by xTitan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:00 am

Epicurus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Eric Gordon is far from NBA ready. Maybe in 3-4 years he and Yi and bogut would be effective together. Seems like a long wait.

You think so? I think he is physically ready, didn't handle the game at Illinois well.....but as long as no one counts on him to be the man I think he could contribute.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#779 » by Epicurus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:04 am

I thnk DB was seeing great things from him, the man, if you will (or a man for other the mans). He is a very good FRESHMAN, but even Ivey or Bell would be better than him next year. He also needs Dad to back off and not direct him on the court.
xTitan
RealGM

Post#780 » by xTitan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:06 am

Epicurus wrote:I thnk DB was seeing great things from him, the man, if you will (or a man for other the mans). He is a very good FRESHMAN, but even Ivey or Bell would be better than him next year. He also needs Dad to back off and not direct him on the court.

I agree with that 100%, was his dad wearing his high school jersey the other night against the Badgers?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks