ImageImage

Today's Team Meeting

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#741 » by BobbyLight » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:19 pm

I hope Bogut can avoid surgery. I can't imagine that a bad hip injury, repaired with surgery, is an easy thing to come back from. I will give hm props for being a tough SOB, however. Hope he gets better over the break.
Sideways
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#742 » by Sideways » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:31 pm

wichmae wrote:I think its more than us though. Its the entire fan base and now the media. Even casual fans are starting to see how the Bucks are not in tune with other small market NBA franchises. Is there any other NBA team out there that runs their operations as dated as we do?

I still persist that LH is a very good GM and will have no problems landing a position elsewhere. Its unfortunate that we never have seen how good he can be. A tiger doesnt change his stripes look at Sterling in LAC he is back to his old ways again problem is Kohl period.

One more thing about all the Bogut bashing that went on soem 20 or so pages ago. It isnt exactly out there completely quite yet and most peopel who are "in the know" only have slight details but Drew is playing on one leg and is "very close" to having season ending surgery. However he is still out there fighting and grinding. Funny once you actually knwo whats going on with guys in a real aspect how soem things change.

If this is true(and i have no reason to doubt it) then this is a good example of of why I think Bogut could grow to be a good leader.

I mean it's not a pinky or a knee hurt while dunking, but still sound bad.
SupremeHustle wrote:

Hey, you can ask a donkey to be a horse and it might look the part for a minute but in the end, it's still an ass.

Redd is what he is.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#743 » by wichmae » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:34 pm

2ss2ls wrote:I hope Bogut can avoid surgery. I can't imagine that a bad hip injury, repaired with surgery, is an easy thing to come back from. I will give hm props for being a tough SOB, however. Hope he gets better over the break.

From my understanding it would be a relatively simple procedure where he would come back and never have this issue again.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,316

Post#744 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:56 pm

1377 wrote:Well, Since we are trying to jack up the number of pages, I guess I am free to post my opinion, even if it doesn't differ or add anything new.

MO - Needs to go. He is not the PG for a playoff caliber team. Hey may do well in Miami considering they have Wade and Marion, two good defenders. (I should think they would want him)

Mo's not the PG for a playoff caliber team, but he'd do well in Miami?

So he just needs to be on a team with better players is what you're saying?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#745 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:00 pm

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No, but it's basically common knowledge that Mo would be a better fit with a backcourt mate that handles the ball and can initiate offense on his own.

Wade is that player that would allow Mo to play off the ball quite a bit allowing him to be the scorer he is more effective at than playmaker.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#746 » by showtimesam » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:03 pm

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think he needs to be on a team where he's not the primary creator on offense. D wade will have the ball in his hands the majority of the time, and mo can focus more on scoring.

So I think thats what he means. So yeah, if we had a brandon roy type player then Mo could probably be a good fit here doing his thing (which is scoring.)
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#747 » by BobbyLight » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:03 pm

wichmae wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

From my understanding it would be a relatively simple procedure where he would come back and never have this issue again.

That's good news. I guess it just seems like this would be a tough thing to come back from, but what do I know about hip injuries.
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#748 » by showtimesam » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:03 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No, but it's basically common knowledge that Mo would be a better fit with a backcourt mate that handles the ball and can initiate offense on his own.

Wade is that player that would allow Mo to play off the ball quite a bit allowing him to be the scorer he is more effective at than playmaker.

Damn you just beat me to it..
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#749 » by europa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Yup. I've always believed there are four teams in particular where Mo could do well as a starter:

Lakers - Kobe
Cavs - LeBron
Heat - Wade
Rockets - McGrady

Each of those teams has a player who is basically their team's PG so they don't need a prototypical PG. Mo would be a good fit on a team like that.

The Hawks also could fit since they have Johnson, who has PG-type skills (though not to the level of the four players above). So if Atlanta thinks more highly of Mo now than it did last summer, perhaps the Bucks could dangle Mo in front of them while trying to get Childress in return.
Nothing will not break me.
showtimesam
Veteran

Post#750 » by showtimesam » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:12 pm

That would be great... However if they get childress, it will probably be important for the bucks to find a team that would take simmons off the bucks hands.

Otherwise I can't see kohl signing childress long term to the type of deal it might take with simmons dead weight still on the roster.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#751 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:14 pm

WSSP talking about Europa's thread right now
75totheMACCfund
Veteran

Post#752 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:15 pm

"following the alleged team meeting...Gary doesn't do realgm...cliff does...he has read realgm about supposed team meeting and if you read the thread, it's spicy stuff, kind of stuff that sells newspapers...the question is since you're not seeing a bi-line, you have to wonder how much is real and what is fiction...we don't know if it's fake and that's why we didn't touch it...we need a bi-line in a paper to report it...until we can say for sure, we're not going to report it (Even though they're talking about, which is hilarious)...90% of the stuff isn't credible..."

synopsis of WSSP talking about how they don't necessarily believe Europa
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#753 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:15 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yup. I've always believed there are four teams in particular where Mo could do well as a starter:

Lakers - Kobe
Cavs - LeBron
Heat - Wade
Rockets - McGrady

Each of those teams has a player who is basically their team's PG so they don't need a prototypical PG. Mo would be a good fit on a team like that.

The Hawks also could fit since they have Johnson, who has PG-type skills (though not to the level of the four players above). So if Atlanta thinks more highly of Mo now than it did last summer, perhaps the Bucks could dangle Mo in front of them while trying to get Childress in return.

Yep, we all think alike, I figured pretty much everyone knew that about Mo by now.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran

Post#754 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:16 pm

them "not reporting" the story but still talking about it is them reporting it...
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#755 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:16 pm

75totheMACCfund wrote:"following the alleged team meeting...Gary doesn't do realgm...cliff does...he has read realgm about supposed team meeting and if you read the thread, it's spicy stuff, kind of stuff that sells newspapers...the question is since you're not seeing a bi-line, you have to wonder how much is real and what is fiction...we don't know if it's fake and that's why we didn't touch it...we need a bi-line in a paper to report it...until we can say for sure, we're not going to report it (Even though they're talking about, which is hilarious)...90% of the stuff isn't credible..."

He then went on to say talking to Jim Paschke would be credible, if he denies this then it's not true. Yeah, I'm sure a member of the Bucks organization is going to tell the truth on the radio if this is true. Duh Cliff. :rofl:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran

Post#756 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:18 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He then went on to say talking to Jim Paschke would be credible, if he denies this then it's not true. Yeah, I'm sure a member of the Bucks organization is going to tell the truth on the radio if this is true. Duh Cliff. :rofl:

I wouldn't be surprised if Paschke told the truth to them, but probably would do so off the record and ask they don't report it
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#757 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:18 pm

75totheMACCfund wrote:"following the alleged team meeting...Gary doesn't do realgm...cliff does...he has read realgm about supposed team meeting and if you read the thread, it's spicy stuff, kind of stuff that sells newspapers...the question is since you're not seeing a bi-line, you have to wonder how much is real and what is fiction...we don't know if it's fake and that's why we didn't touch it...we need a bi-line in a paper to report it...until we can say for sure, we're not going to report it (Even though they're talking about, which is hilarious)...90% of the stuff isn't credible..."

Ummm, please educate me.

What the hell is a bi-line?

Source?
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#758 » by europa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Ummm, please educate me.

What the hell is a bi-line?

A byline is the name of the reporter (or reporters) who write a published story that appears in a newspaper, magazine or online.
Nothing will not break me.
schweig
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#759 » by schweig » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 pm

it's your name on an article
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#760 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:22 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

A byline is the name of the reporter (or reporters) who write a published story that appears in a newspaper or online.

Thanks

I'm streaming right now. I'll post any relevant info.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks