ImageImage

Game 80: Magic at Bucks - 4/10/24 - 7:00 - OTA

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Re: Game 80: Magic at Bucks - 4/10/24 - 7:00 - OTA 

Post#41 » by Karsenmitsche » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:31 pm

BigO wrote:John Hammond revenge game. I'm always rooting for Hammond, except against the Bucks.

Met him at a bball clinic many moons ago and introduced myself. He invited me to contact him to watch some practices, but I never took him up on it. Great guy and very humble.

And for all his misses (as if other GMs don't miss), did I ever mention that he picked Giannis and stole KM from the Pistons? Nah, I know. He was just lucky.

Similar story, ran into Hammond as like a 13 year old in Chicago at a bulls-bucks game. He sat and talked with me for a few minutes and asked me about moves that I thought the bucks should make lol. I was stoked thinking he was taking everything I said seriously.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,205

Post#42 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:35 pm

We don't go far without healthy Khris (and obviously Giannis). Playing him on a B2B would be dumb.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,071

Post#43 » by emunney » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:50 pm

rilamann wrote:That would be just Boston's luck.

Bulls and Heat play in a re-match of last season for the #8 seed and the Bulls have some fluky game where win because they shoot 60% from 3. Then the Bulls go back to being the Bulls in their 1st round series with the Celtics.

That would be really be annoying.

Although if we're being honest, the Celtics have actually kind of had bad luck when it comes to getting bad match-ups in the playoffs. It's one of the main reasons why they haven't been able to get over the hump and win a title.

Miami making it to the ECF as an #8 seed last season and then the Warriors kind of randomly getting back to the Finals for a season in 2022, were nightmare scenarios for Boston in back to back seasons.

I would love for Chicago to knock Miami out in the play-in. Not for any Bucks reasons. Just for me.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,518

Post#44 » by HKPackFan » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:03 pm

fan230 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Khris out. Giannis obviously out. Everyone else in.

Important to stay away from having Dame and Malik at the same time on court. Otherwise our interior defense will be cracked open.

Dame or Beas should only be paired with green or bev, never should dame and beas be in together. Ever!

And last night it made a difference. Beautiful to finally see it. Don't know how someone convinced Doc are he finally couldn't ignore it anymore.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,518

Post#45 » by HKPackFan » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:05 pm

Must win! Watching bev Bobby and green leading the charge to a W.

Let's win this series.
#FreeChuckDiesel
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,964

Post#46 » by buckboy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:04 pm

Dick Tate wrote:I think i'll stick with the archaic idea that the Bucks should try for the 2 seed. :lol:

No ****. Some straight nonsense in here.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM

Post#47 » by buckboy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:05 pm

BigO wrote:John Hammond revenge game. I'm always rooting for Hammond, except against the Bucks.

Met him at a bball clinic many moons ago and introduced myself. He invited me to contact him to watch some practices, but I never took him up on it. Great guy and very humble.

And for all his misses (as if other GMs don't miss), did I ever mention that he picked Giannis and stole KM from the Pistons? Nah, I know. He was just lucky.

Great guy. Horrendous GM. And yes, he got lucky. With Giannis anyway.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,037

Post#48 » by Prez » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:19 pm

buckboy wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:I think i'll stick with the archaic idea that the Bucks should try for the 2 seed. :lol:

We’ve had multiple postseasons in a row ruined in large part due to injuries. I don’t think it’s nonsense to care more about getting to the postseason healthy than seeding.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#49 » by buckboy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:22 pm

Prez wrote:
buckboy wrote:

We’ve had multiple postseasons in a row ruined in large part due to injuries. I don’t think it’s nonsense to care more about getting to the postseason healthy than seeding.

Ok. I'd like to have home court. If our guys are so made of glass they can't survive one or two more games we're screwed anyway.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,549

Post#50 » by drone3 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:31 pm

Unleash the Ajax
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,689

Post#51 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:41 pm

Better get your backup big situation in place... I was just talking about this.. Horford and KP are going to eat KM and Crowder's chowder if they try playing the 4... pick a fking big and get him some min... if Gallo is garbage now then get TA in or make AJJ play at 4.. at least he can jump.. the last time Jae or KM jumped our president was probably black
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,689

Post#52 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

buckboy wrote:

Really? Just walk straight into the thornbrush?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,071

Post#53 » by emunney » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:46 pm

To an extent, he made his own luck, consistently taking basketball bodies and hoping for the best. But there's no question he got lucky that Donnie Nelson was unable to convince Cuban to take him, and that Danny Ferry was too far up his own ass to think anybody else could know about him.

And as good as Giannis has become, even if you got really aggressive and moved up to take him in the top 10, you still would have been extremely lucky with how he developed. You can be a great drafter and never get a hit like Giannis. Hammond was not a great drafter (even though I totally agreed with many of his picks -- he took the top guy on my board 4 years in a row, Larry to Giannis). His top personnel guy never got another NBA job and ran for mayor of the town where they both grew up. I think he still is mayor (of Zion, IL).
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#54 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:47 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Really? Just walk straight into the thornbrush?

If the 7th seed is a thorn bush, go home, because you're not going to like the 3rd seed or the 1st seed.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,037

Post#55 » by Prez » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:49 pm

buckboy wrote:
Prez wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Ok. I'd like to have home court. If our guys are so made of glass they can't survive one or two more games we're screwed anyway.

I mean that’s a fine take. But it’s also not nonsense to not wanna risk anything in the last 3 games of the regular season when our key guys have had on/off injury stuff all season.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#56 » by buckboy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:53 pm

Prez wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Prez wrote:We’ve had multiple postseasons in a row ruined in large part due to injuries. I don’t think it’s nonsense to care more about getting to the postseason healthy than seeding.

I mean that’s a fine take. But it’s also not nonsense to not wanna risk anything in the last 3 games of the regular season when our key guys have had on/off injury stuff all season.

Agreed. "Nonsense" too far.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,834

Post#57 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:58 pm

buckboy wrote:

He picked long, athletic, high upside but raw players repeatedly, but was lucky when one turned out? Nah. He failed selling his vision to the owner, but would have been competent with a smarter owner.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#58 » by buckboy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:59 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
buckboy wrote:

He picked long, athletic, high upside but raw players repeatedly, but was lucky when one turned out? Nah. He failed selling his vision to the owner, but would have been competent with a smarter owner.

Easiest yes ever.

And I could just as easily say he would've been fired with a competent owner.

Anyway this road is too dumb to go down again.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,205

Post#59 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:02 am

Novak SMH
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,427

Post#60 » by rilamann » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:03 am

emunney wrote:
rilamann wrote:That would be just Boston's luck.

Bulls and Heat play in a re-match of last season for the #8 seed and the Bulls have some fluky game where win because they shoot 60% from 3. Then the Bulls go back to being the Bulls in their 1st round series with the Celtics.

That would be really be annoying.

Although if we're being honest, the Celtics have actually kind of had bad luck when it comes to getting bad match-ups in the playoffs. It's one of the main reasons why they haven't been able to get over the hump and win a title.

Miami making it to the ECF as an #8 seed last season and then the Warriors kind of randomly getting back to the Finals for a season in 2022, were nightmare scenarios for Boston in back to back seasons.

I would love for Chicago to knock Miami out in the play-in. Not for any Bucks reasons. Just for me.

I would hate to see Boston have an easier series against Chicago.

But I also kind of agree with you, the one consolation if the Bulls win is that it would be funny seeing Miami completely miss the playoffs.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Milwaukee Bucks