ImageImage

The Kohl's grocery bag revolt (Saturday, March 15th-Celtics)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#221 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:14 pm

I love how the most ballsy thing they did or have done was lie about calling GAD out on air. They blatantly asked for GAD numerous times. They mentioned him as being "one of the biggest posters," clearly noticed how much he has been doing for this revolt, and then asked for him to either call the show or email them. They were clearly monitoring this thread during the segment because they said they were, and quoted me in the process.

The media can't call anyone in the organization out, so they stoop to lying to the fans who actually have the guts to call the organization out. Yay Milwaukee media!!!
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Ruben Douglas
Veteran
And1: 25

Post#222 » by Ruben Douglas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:17 pm

Am I wrong in saying that earlier in the week Cliff was saying how he actually liked the idea and that "Wicket", I think his name is, wanted to go?

Yes I am wrong, it was Sparky...my fault.
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#223 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:21 pm

Ruben Douglas wrote:Am I wrong in saying that earlier in the week Cliff was saying how he actually liked the idea and that "Wicket", I think his name is, wanted to go?

You'll have to ask someone who listens, I only tuned it on because of the subject matter. May have been the third time I've ever listened to Gary & Cliff. When I do listen to Sports Radio, I listen to Chicago because it's a helluva lot better.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
Ruben Douglas
Veteran

Post#224 » by Ruben Douglas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:22 pm

I agree with them, though, that in the end wearing paper bags on your heads will not change a thing. The place that will hurt the most for a guy like Kohl will be in his pocket book. If he really cared about what the fans thought he never would have traded Ray Allen to save $24M.

With this being said, I'm still for you guys doing the best you can. Obviously, I've been wrong before and in this case I hope I am.
Ruben Douglas
Veteran

Post#225 » by Ruben Douglas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:26 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You'll have to ask someone who listens, I only tuned it on because of the subject matter. May have been the third time I've ever listened to Gary & Cliff. When I do listen to Sports Radio, I listen to Chicago because it's a helluva lot better.

I mainly listen to Chicago sports radio as well, but this was on Sunday (and 670 and 1000 don't have crap on on Sundays without football) and now that I think about it, it was actually the post-game show with Sparky. I know this because I was about to turn the radio off when I heard GAD talk about RealGM and the paper bag protest. I now realize that I am wrong when I asked that question. Isn't Cliff from NY anyways? Why should we even care what he has to say? The one thing I am sure of is that the Bucks are in better shape than the Knicks.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,365

Post#226 » by Mags FTW » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:34 pm

WEFFPIM wrote:When I do listen to Sports Radio, I listen to Chicago because it's a helluva lot better.

Yeah they're good, but I cant stop laughing when I listen to some of them.

Doug Buffone from The Score sounds and acts exactly like one of the Superfans from SNL.
schweig
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#227 » by schweig » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:37 pm

Mags FTW wrote:I won't be there. Gotta work.
That sucks.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#228 » by DH34Phan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:07 am

You guys should bring extra bags, because you know there will be people at the game wanting to join if they haven't heard about this yet.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#229 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:25 am

LUKE23 wrote:Recap from 1250 AM:

Mentioned that it was "another sports protest"

Skeptical, said these things don't work

Players don't notice this kind of thing while they are playing

Saints fans first to do it, did it work in changing anything in New Orleans? No.

Mentioned Detroit and Matt Millen and how he is still there

Mentioned Orioles protest where they were going to walk out during the first inning, but attendance wasn't nearly as good as expected and only 1,000 showed up

Said he loves passion you guys are showing, but it definitely won't change anything because no money is being taken away from the Bucks

Good if you want to get on TV, but it's really stupid, players could care less

Said people realize Bucks are a major problem, but no point can be made from this

Thinks the fans are walking in with the bags on their heads, which is obviously not correct

Said it's not an original idea

Said that there will be no SportsCenter highlights from this game because we get blown out and because college basketball highlights will dominate the weekend

Not one time in the history of these protests has there been an impact from it, says Senator Kohl won't care (a point I disagree with)

Aww see now you're just getting into hypotheticals.

You know, I think this is a stupid idea, quite frankly. Yeah, I started using the phrase quite frankly way before Stephen A. Smith and I use it after every two sentences.

Gary and Cliff=teh blow.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#230 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:59 am

Sparky, Tim Allen and Mike Clemens are the only people worth listening to on WSSP.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,445

Post#231 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:12 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Sparky, Tim Allen and Mike Clemens are the only people worth listening to on WSSP.

Yep, I love their Brewers postgame with Tim and Sparky. Sparky's midday madness is cool. I've also started to enjoy the Doug Russell show as well.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#232 » by Nowak008 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:28 am

Stole some bags for Saturday.

27 of them. Got them from the self check out they have at pick n save. Thats what they get for trying to be more efficient.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#233 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:29 am

^If you look at the PG thread, apparently security is already cracking down on paper bags.

And shouldn't they be Kohl's bags, nowak?
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#234 » by Nowak008 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:40 am

WEFFPIM wrote:^If you look at the PG thread, apparently security is already cracking down on paper bags.

I am trying to get as many as possible so when they take them away we will have spares. I'm also trying to get enough so that I can give away to people going into the game.

And shouldn't they be Kohl's bags, nowak?

All of the Kohl's grocery around my area got bought out. Good idea though.

NM.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
beyond_the_arc
Starter
And1: 46

Post#235 » by beyond_the_arc » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:54 am

Kohl's grocery stores were shut down entirely more than 2 years ago. The bags will come from elsewhere.
Postby SubyWill on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Magic fan checking in, holy **** Harris is legit. Your GM should be fired.

No ****.
WEFFPIM
RealGM

Post#236 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:55 am

beyond_the_arc wrote:Kohl's grocery stores were shut down entirely more than 2 years ago. The bags will come from elsewhere.

Oh...

Well, about time for me to hit the ole dusty trail...
ReddManBogieMan
Senior
And1: 0

Post#237 » by ReddManBogieMan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:36 am

Just an Idea: You guys should try and get on TV after the game during Bucks Live. I always see people in the background waving at the camera while Craig and Scott are talking. You would for cause a panic from the front office doing this, and Kohl would be very embarrassed. You guys should have signs or all chant something really loudly with the Paper bags on.

You guys also should have a chant during the game and all do it really loud, especially by like the 3rd quarter they will be down big against the Celtics and the crowd will be dead.

I wish I could be there to see it all go down, but I can't wait to see how the Bucks react.
Pai Gow
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#238 » by Pai Gow » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:11 am

LOL, nice job guys, its nice to see to see fans making a point especially considering it's your team and you are the ones who pay the bills. I'm hopin all goes well for you and I'll be watching SportCenter to see how successful it was ;)
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,352

Post#239 » by crkone » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:20 pm

We should try to post this on the general board in case there are Bulls fans or fans of other teams that live in the area and would like to participate.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,022

Post#240 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:28 pm

If the email has been sent out already, can someone forward it to me?

BucksANDPack@gmail.com

Thanks!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks