Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 710

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1281 » by ColeWorld23 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:22 am

raferfenix wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Trade Horst for a draft pick.

Or that’s what’s going on.

Some kind of negotiation is happening with someone seeking leverage bringing it to the press.

Let’s hope so
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#1282 » by machu46 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:With the Hawks getting the #1 pick and presumably Sarr being that guy we need to find a way to get Onyeka Okongwu.

I’d be down to pursue Okongwu but this feels like a draft where #1 could really be anyone at this point and we don’t even know what Atlanta plans to do with their roster in general much less who they might target in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,042

Post#1283 » by Plossum » Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Interesting about Horst. In the NFL you can't deny permission if it's an upward move, which POPO would be. Obviously not the case in the NBA.

How many times is a guy denied permission, but stays with the same team? Seem to recall the Seahawks asking Holmgren in 1997, but might be wrong on that.

I love the old man chats between you two (remember when X happened 27 years ago?).
#LockUpChuck
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#1284 » by -Jragon- » Mon May 13, 2024 2:03 am

drew881 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Trade Horst for a draft pick.

Or that’s what’s going on.

Some kind of negotiation is happening with someone seeking leverage bringing it to the press.

Late second, top 56 protected.

Then use it on Bronnie and enact plan LBJ
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#1285 » by -Jragon- » Mon May 13, 2024 2:08 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:*Best RS play #1 Giannis barrel move
*Best play #2 Giannis passing after the defense starts collapsing on his barrel move

But we already know that, in a series, teams don't let the barrel move work so we really have no idea what the results would have been when we were forced to do different plays and strategies - maybe it would have clicked. I do think:

If teams aren't letting the barrel move work, and Giannis is putting up numbers like 35 points a game in the finals and 34 points a game against Boston it seems like he's found a way to do different plays and strategies.

Caught lightning in a bottle for 1 magical run... but that's 4 yrs ago

Boston.. yeah they played better team ball and we lost.. ppg doesn't matter if you lose
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,353

Post#1286 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon May 13, 2024 2:21 am

-Jragon- wrote:Caught lightning in a bottle for 1 magical run... but that's 4 yrs ago

Boston.. yeah they played better team ball and we lost.. ppg doesn't matter if you lose

Bucks force higher seed to 7 games without their second best player, doesn't matter that Giannis scored when the whole basis of this argument is Giannisball doesn't work in the playoffs. Got it man.

Excited for this to all come back to Khris Middleton though.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,198

Post#1287 » by midranger » Mon May 13, 2024 2:29 am

-Jragon- wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:*Best RS play #1 Giannis barrel move
*Best play #2 Giannis passing after the defense starts collapsing on his barrel move

But we already know that, in a series, teams don't let the barrel move work so we really have no idea what the results would have been when we were forced to do different plays and strategies - maybe it would have clicked. I do think:

If teams aren't letting the barrel move work, and Giannis is putting up numbers like 35 points a game in the finals and 34 points a game against Boston it seems like he's found a way to do different plays and strategies.

There’s no asterisk or anything, but in retrospect our championship run was pretty charmed.

Suns were a super young, first year being good team with minimal playoff experience outside of Chris Paul continuously choking. Devin freaking Booker was their best player.They immediately hit the skids similar to us post-finals. They’re on their second blowup since. They were like a D+ level finals team.

Hawks, basically the exact same as above but multiplied by a factor of 100x. Trae Young was their best player. F level conference finals team.

Nets, were a volatile group of personalities with a lousy coach that had 2 of their best 3 players hobbled or out basically the whole series. Also needed an immediate blowup after that series. Coach gone. Players gone. Kevin Durant was their best player and was INCREDIBLE. But, their second best player that series was who? Blake Griffin? Bruce Brown? Jeff Green? C+ level second round team given the injuries. Only that because Durant was so good. We should have blown them away once Kyrie was hurt and Harden could barely move. We eked out the series victory by the slimmest margin possible.

Miami is such a weird team. Consistency in personnel, but their results have been up and down year-to-year. This was a down year. Butler was their best player but was completely AWFUL. Probably a B+ level first round matchup who we made look silly. There’s a possibility that they were the toughest matchup we faced.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,392

Post#1288 » by RiotPunch » Mon May 13, 2024 2:50 am

machu46 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:With the Hawks getting the #1 pick and presumably Sarr being that guy we need to find a way to get Onyeka Okongwu.

I’d be down to pursue Okongwu but this feels like a draft where #1 could really be anyone at this point and we don’t even know what Atlanta plans to do with their roster in general much less who they might target in the draft.

Okongwu would be near perfect next to Giannis. I would imagine they move Capela instead and see if OO/Sarr can play with each other.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1289 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 am

midranger wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:If teams aren't letting the barrel move work, and Giannis is putting up numbers like 35 points a game in the finals and 34 points a game against Boston it seems like he's found a way to do different plays and strategies.

There’s no asterisk or anything, but in retrospect our championship run was pretty charmed.

Suns were a super young, first year being good team with minimal playoff experience outside of Chris Paul continuously choking. Devin freaking Booker was their best player.They immediately hit the skids similar to us post-finals. They’re on their second blowup since. They were like a D+ level finals team.

Hawks, basically the exact same as above but multiplied by a factor of 100x. Trae Young was their best player. F level conference finals team.

Nets, were a volatile group of personalities with a lousy coach that had 2 of their best 3 players hobbled or out basically the whole series. Also needed an immediate blowup after that series. Coach gone. Players gone. Kevin Durant was their best player and was INCREDIBLE. But, their second best player that series was who? Blake Griffin? Bruce Brown? Jeff Green? C+ level second round team given the injuries. Only that because Durant was so good. We should have blown them away once Kyrie was hurt and Harden could barely move. We eked out the series victory by the slimmest margin possible.

Miami is such a weird team. Consistency in personnel, but their results have been up and down year-to-year. This was a down year. Butler was their best player but was completely AWFUL. Probably a B+ level first round matchup who we made look silly. There’s a possibility that they were the toughest matchup we faced.

And the Nuggets beat 3 playin teams and a team without one of their stars to win.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#1290 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon May 13, 2024 2:56 am

machu46 wrote:

I haven't been following a ton but I do get the updates from draftexpress who have seemingly been calling Sarr #1 for a while now. Feels like the Ant draft to me where everybody is saying anybody could go one but then you find out it was pretty much just chalk the whole time and a whole lot of posturing. Definitely have no idea what Atlanta is going to be doing though. If they take Sarr though I can't imagine Okongwu is going to be super thrilled considering he's been waiting what seems like forever for them to move Capela and he get that spot.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,646

Post#1291 » by raferfenix » Mon May 13, 2024 3:02 am

RiotPunch wrote:Okongwu would be near perfect next to Giannis. I would imagine they move Capela instead and see if OO/Sarr can play with each other.

Variable: Atlanta’s ownership and front office situation is lol.

But yeah on the face of it it’d seem strange to trade a young up and comer already contributing who you’re high on if it’s not a can’t miss deal.

However the Hawks could just as easily want to win now or cut cap or even both.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,704

Post#1292 » by LuessiT » Mon May 13, 2024 5:50 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:

Yeah, that's a center who you could replace Brook with. A versatile defender who is a better fit for playoff basketball than Brook. Shot 33% from 3 this year, he continues to extend his range. Starts a 4 year $70 million extension next year.

His volume was barely existent. There’s definitely hope he can add a shot, but as of now I would categorize him as a non-shooter.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,966

Post#1293 » by stellation » Mon May 13, 2024 6:41 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Bring back the starting five and let them play 48 minutes per night in my opinion.

And here we all were thinkin' that Thibs had moved out of Minny!
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#1294 » by trwi7 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:06 pm

Plossum wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Interesting about Horst. In the NFL you can't deny permission if it's an upward move, which POPO would be. Obviously not the case in the NBA.

How many times is a guy denied permission, but stays with the same team? Seem to recall the Seahawks asking Holmgren in 1997, but might be wrong on that.

I love the old man chats between you two (remember when X happened 27 years ago?).

Gimme 5 bees for a quarter.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#1295 » by machu46 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:25 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
machu46 wrote:

I haven't been following a ton but I do get the updates from draftexpress who have seemingly been calling Sarr #1 for a while now. Feels like the Ant draft to me where everybody is saying anybody could go one but then you find out it was pretty much just chalk the whole time and a whole lot of posturing. Definitely have no idea what Atlanta is going to be doing though. If they take Sarr though I can't imagine Okongwu is going to be super thrilled considering he's been waiting what seems like forever for them to move Capela and he get that spot.

The logic definitely checks out if Sarr ends up being the pick, and it does seem like he's the guy that most people expect to be the #1 pick at the moment. But even he is not considered a particularly strong prospect. KOC compares him to Jaren Jackson Jr. and Jonathan Isaac; solid players and better than the guys the rest of this class is being compared to (the rest of his top 5 is compared to Dragic, Fultz, Lou Williams, and Lamar Odom for comparison). Having said that, he only played 17 minutes a game in the Australian league; he was productive in those minutes but this would be the fewest minutes per game for any prospect drafted out of Australia since Terrance Ferguson.

Also just kinda painting the picture of how all over the place this class is even at the top: While Givony has Sarr projected as the #1 pick, he has Risacher ranked ahead of him on his big board. KOC has Risacher at #12 on his big board. Givony has Sarr #2 and Clingan #3 (KOC has Clingan #8). KOC has Topic #2 (Givony has him #5) and Castle #3 (Givony has him #9). A bit further down, KOC has Jared McCain #9 on his big board while Givony has him #19.

I can't remember the last time things varied this much from two of the preeminent draft guides.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,824

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst 

Post#1296 » by SirChurros » Mon May 13, 2024 1:49 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Brook and 23 to OKC

Dort and 12 to MKE

Saves us money, moves us into the lottery and gets us a big upgrade from Beasley to play next to Dame. OKC can move Jalen Williams to the wing and Chet to PF and Brook gives them another shooter, shot blocker and a bigger body to help Chet overall. Brook is 1yr 24m expiring and Dort is 2yrs 32m. This fits team needs for both teams and makes sense financially for both as well.

Who says no?

I would probably do Dort for Brook straight up and get a third team involved for #12. I have no idea who I’d draft there and would want some sort of guaranteed commodity.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,809

Post#1297 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon May 13, 2024 1:50 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
machu46 wrote:

Okongwu would be near perfect next to Giannis. I would imagine they move Capela instead and see if OO/Sarr can play with each other.

I could see them moving both, too save money, putting a different vet behind Sarr, and getting help at other spots.

If we traded Bobby for a 1st, would that 1st be enough to get Okongwu?
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#1298 » by fansinceforever » Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 pm

With confirmation that Houston is looking for "win now" help and their issue being offense especially in the half court - I'll float a similar trade to last time.

Houston gets: Middleton (toss in Beauchamp if they'd like)
Milwaukee gets: Tari Eason, Dillon Brooks and #3

Then..

Milwaukee gets: Mikal Bridges, Finney-smith
Brooklyn gets: #3, #23, Bobby Portis and Brook Lopez.

Lillard, Pat B
Bridges, Green/AJJ
Dillon Brooks, AJJ/Pat C
DFS, Eason
Giannis, FA
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,545

Post#1299 » by Milbucks96 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:08 pm

fansinceforever wrote:With confirmation that Houston is looking for "win now" help and their issue being offense especially in the half court - I'll float a similar trade to last time.

Then..

Lillard, Pat B
Bridges, Green/AJJ
Dillon Brooks, AJJ/Pat C
DFS, Eason
Giannis, FA

I like that line up a lot, I think bridges is a great Middleton replacement. I just don’t see why Houston wouldn’t just go Bridges themselves.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Post#1300 » by fansinceforever » Mon May 13, 2024 2:18 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:With confirmation that Houston is looking for "win now" help and their issue being offense especially in the half court - I'll float a similar trade to last time.

Then..

Lillard, Pat B
Bridges, Green/AJJ
Dillon Brooks, AJJ/Pat C
DFS, Eason
Giannis, FA

I like that line up a lot, I think bridges is a great Middleton replacement. I just don’t see why Houston wouldn’t just go Bridges themselves.

Get out of the Dillon Brooks business? Add another Pick? There aren't great reasons.

I'll say this - if Khris is right then he's considerably better offensively than Bridges is. This trade would allow Middleton to focus entirely on what he does best as Houston has a lot of other guys to fly around on D.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks