Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,804

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#1261 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 12, 2024 6:43 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:There's a lot of inflating of our own assets and deflating of opposing team's assets going on here recently.

I see the complete opposite of this happening.

We'll know by the end of the summer. I doubt the org looks to trade any of the big 3 so if we're able to, essentially, overhaul our roster with better players by trading Brook, Bobby and Pat I'll gladly eat crow. Not expecting to do that though.

Adding #23 and possibly our 2031 1st changes the calculus. Trading Bobby for a similar value player who is a better fit also changes us. Bobby plays half his minutes out of position. Our 2nd unit defense has a chance to benefit from having an actual rim protector at center.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,129

Post#1262 » by Matches Malone » Sun May 12, 2024 6:49 pm

WeMajor34 wrote:Per Marc Stein:

The Bucks this week declined to grant permission to the Pistons to interview Michigan native Jon Horst in Detroit's search for a new president of basketball operations, league sources say.

It is believed that Horst, who won Executive of the Year honors in Milwaukee in 2018-19 and more recently made the trade that brought Damian Lillard to the Bucks in September, was indeed interested in speaking to the Pistons. Horst signed a multiyear contract extension with the Bucks in October 2021 with two years left on his deal at the time.

Let's hope Horst doesn't feel miffed by not being able to get that job. We really can't afford a GM with their heart not fully invested right now.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,700

Post#1263 » by SupremeHustle » Sun May 12, 2024 7:08 pm

Bring back the starting five and let them play 48 minutes per night in my opinion.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,643

Post#1264 » by raferfenix » Sun May 12, 2024 7:29 pm

Denying Horst the Detroit interview after the report Doc wasn’t his choice must mean ownership really values what he brings.

I had assumed Jon leaked that but maybe it was the Pistons stirring the pot hoping the Bucks would let him go.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,291

Post#1265 » by ReasonablySober » Sun May 12, 2024 7:33 pm

Trade Horst for a draft pick.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,676

Post#1266 » by -Jragon- » Sun May 12, 2024 7:39 pm

If your "best 3 man or 5 man" boner lasts more than 3 months, go see a doctor.

Seriously though, it's too bad we couldn't see how they put it together in a playoff run to see how it translated.

Regular season +/- net rating.. I believe that having Dame and KM on the floor did open up space for:

*Best RS play #1 Giannis barrel move
*Best play #2 Giannis passing after the defense starts collapsing on his barrel move

But we already know that, in a series, teams don't let the barrel move work so we really have no idea what the results would have been when we were forced to do different plays and strategies - maybe it would have clicked. I do think:

* Boston's overall roster is better
* Most of the remaining teams are faster
*Most of the remaining teams play better team basketball where we resort to ghetto ball
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,607

Post#1267 » by Frank Nova » Sun May 12, 2024 7:41 pm

Brook and 23 to OKC

Dort and 12 to MKE

Saves us money, moves us into the lottery and gets us a big upgrade from Beasley to play next to Dame. OKC can move Jalen Williams to the wing and Chet to PF and Brook gives them another shooter, shot blocker and a bigger body to help Chet overall. Brook is 1yr 24m expiring and Dort is 2yrs 32m. This fits team needs for both teams and makes sense financially for both as well.

Who says no?
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1268 » by raferfenix » Sun May 12, 2024 7:47 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Trade Horst for a draft pick.

Or that’s what’s going on.

Some kind of negotiation is happening with someone seeking leverage bringing it to the press.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,630

Post#1269 » by Bernman » Sun May 12, 2024 8:06 pm

I'm alarmed at the prospect of Horst retooling this team w/ younger players. This offseason's task doesn't entail signing & throwing future picks at teams for names. But hopefully the theory is correct the Bucks' brass are negotiating his exit.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,607

Post#1270 » by Frank Nova » Sun May 12, 2024 8:35 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
I see the complete opposite of this happening.

We'll know by the end of the summer. I doubt the org looks to trade any of the big 3 so if we're able to, essentially, overhaul our roster with better players by trading Brook, Bobby and Pat I'll gladly eat crow. Not expecting to do that though.

Adding #23 and possibly our 2031 1st changes the calculus. Trading Bobby for a similar value player who is a better fit also changes us. Bobby plays half his minutes out of position. Our 2nd unit defense has a chance to benefit from having an actual rim protector at center.

Send Charles Lee a familiar veteran face for his new locker room, Pat C for Nick Richards.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#1271 » by drew881 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:01 pm

raferfenix wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Trade Horst for a draft pick.

Or that’s what’s going on.

Some kind of negotiation is happening with someone seeking leverage bringing it to the press.

Late second, top 56 protected.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1272 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 12, 2024 9:07 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:

Send Charles Lee a familiar veteran face for his new locker room, Pat C for Nick Richards.

Love it. Richards was 7-14 from 3 in the G League as a rookie. The next year Clifford came in and made him dump that part of his game. Athletic, protects the rim, and rebounds. Perfect apprentice behind Brook
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,249

Post#1273 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun May 12, 2024 10:19 pm

With the Hawks getting the #1 pick and presumably Sarr being that guy we need to find a way to get Onyeka Okongwu.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,249

Post#1274 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun May 12, 2024 10:50 pm

-Jragon- wrote:*Best RS play #1 Giannis barrel move
*Best play #2 Giannis passing after the defense starts collapsing on his barrel move

But we already know that, in a series, teams don't let the barrel move work so we really have no idea what the results would have been when we were forced to do different plays and strategies - maybe it would have clicked. I do think:

If teams aren't letting the barrel move work, and Giannis is putting up numbers like 35 points a game in the finals and 34 points a game against Boston it seems like he's found a way to do different plays and strategies.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,767

Post#1275 » by Licensed to Il » Sun May 12, 2024 10:56 pm

If Horst ends up getting traded to Detroit for draft picks, the funniest compensation would be for five second rounders.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1276 » by raferfenix » Sun May 12, 2024 11:20 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Brook and 23 to OKC

Dort and 12 to MKE

Saves us money, moves us into the lottery and gets us a big upgrade from Beasley to play next to Dame. OKC can move Jalen Williams to the wing and Chet to PF and Brook gives them another shooter, shot blocker and a bigger body to help Chet overall. Brook is 1yr 24m expiring and Dort is 2yrs 32m. This fits team needs for both teams and makes sense financially for both as well.

Who says no?

My impression was Dort was someone OKC really didn’t want to deal.

Could definitely see the Thunder valuing BroLo but he’s at best a solution for a couple seasons. And OKC has picks to burn if there’s another big they can acquire who wouldn’t cost a core piece.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,122

Post#1277 » by MickeyDavis » Sun May 12, 2024 11:28 pm

Interesting about Horst. In the NFL you can't deny permission if it's an upward move, which POPO would be. Obviously not the case in the NBA.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 5,007

Post#1278 » by drew881 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:31 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Brook and 23 to OKC

Dort and 12 to MKE

Who says no?

I do this in a second but doubt the Thunder do.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#1279 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:With the Hawks getting the #1 pick and presumably Sarr being that guy we need to find a way to get Onyeka Okongwu.

Yeah, that's a center who you could replace Brook with. A versatile defender who is a better fit for playoff basketball than Brook. Shot 33% from 3 this year, he continues to extend his range. Starts a 4 year $70 million extension next year.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,372

Post#1280 » by paulpressey25 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:18 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Interesting about Horst. In the NFL you can't deny permission if it's an upward move, which POPO would be. Obviously not the case in the NBA.

How many times is a guy denied permission, but stays with the same team? Seem to recall the Seahawks asking Holmgren in 1997, but might be wrong on that.

Usually it is just the start of a negotiation period. I’d say 75-25 he’s gone. Problem is the Pistons don’t have many good draft picks to trade.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks