ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,953

Re: Miami Heat Offseason Thread vol. 1: Post Mortem 

Post#981 » by Chuck Everett » Mon May 6, 2024 9:31 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Protect your client/meal ticket, but your guy thinks this is his part-time job now. I can't wait for all these old fossils to leave the league. They're all making the most money and giving the least effort. Ready for the new era already.

ETA: I have no problems with dudes getting paid. But you should at least have to "earn" your bread.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,514

Post#982 » by twix2500 » Mon May 6, 2024 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=_XC8s7CgJnoY4129c1WP8Q&s=19

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
twozeroMM
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,756

Post#983 » by twozeroMM » Mon May 6, 2024 9:33 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think these comments should comfort anyone who's worried or jumping to conclusions after this afternoon.

The organization and Jimmy want the same thing, and both parties deserve some criticism.
HeatFan_NC
Sophomore
And1: 312

Post#984 » by HeatFan_NC » Mon May 6, 2024 9:44 pm

Sounds like the Heat are willing to just let Jimmy play out his contract and walk away in free agency. Seems like a logical approach to shed huge salary without having to take back big contracts in return
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,176

Post#985 » by eddieheatfan » Mon May 6, 2024 9:49 pm

HeatFan_NC wrote:Sounds like the Heat are willing to just let Jimmy play out his contract and walk away in free agency. Seems like a logical approach to shed huge salary without having to take back big contracts in return

one more season of sucking?
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,989

Post#986 » by IceColdCubano » Mon May 6, 2024 9:55 pm

Read on Twitter

That man, That GM over there, is some crazy SOB. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 145,589

Post#987 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 6, 2024 10:05 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=mCKLqu4SiyuGuApFdxY1cw&s=19

Riley loves him some JJJ lol
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#988 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 6, 2024 10:06 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

That’s why i just sit and chuckle when i see Jazz names get thrown around in here
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,176

Post#989 » by eddieheatfan » Mon May 6, 2024 10:07 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

yeah dude is way out there. let other teams pay that if they want to. lauri is not worth that asking price :lol:
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,989

Post#990 » by IceColdCubano » Mon May 6, 2024 10:11 pm

eddieheatfan wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

yeah dude is way out there. let other teams pay that if they want to. lauri is not worth that asking price :lol:

You got to hand it to him, he starts negotiations from the other side of the Sun, and then lands in Jupiter, and you thought you negotiated down, as he laughs his way into the bank, what he got Mini for was insane for Gobert.
powerball1373
Sixth Man
And1: 2,830

Post#991 » by powerball1373 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:11 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bro it's a white all-star in Utah. Good luck trying to take that away lol.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 29,224

Post#992 » by AirP. » Mon May 6, 2024 10:23 pm

twix2500 wrote:Riley was very adamant about his love for Jaime. Doesn't mean he wouldn't trade him, because Riley loved Butler and he was eventually traded to the Lakers. I think one thing is for sure is the Heat thinks of Herro as a 6th man. Barring any trade I think Heat are hoping Jaime will compete for a starting position. And Riley talked about Jovic conditioning is his biggest goal for Jovic.

PG: Rozier
SG: Butler
SF: Jaquez
PF: Jovic
CE: Adebayo

He loves hard nosed players, I think most still remember how much he liked PJ Tucker yet Tucker didn't get resigned.
twix2500
RealGM

Post#993 » by twix2500 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:36 pm

AirP. wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Riley was very adamant about his love for Jaime. Doesn't mean he wouldn't trade him, because Riley loved Butler and he was eventually traded to the Lakers. I think one thing is for sure is the Heat thinks of Herro as a 6th man. Barring any trade I think Heat are hoping Jaime will compete for a starting position. And Riley talked about Jovic conditioning is his biggest goal for Jovic.

He loves hard nosed players, I think most still remember how much he liked PJ Tucker yet Tucker didn't get resigned.

Read on Twitter
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#994 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 6, 2024 10:39 pm

Riley was pissed at the mention of Herro as a 6th man and said both he and Spo has never came to him about Herro not being a starter. He did say Herro needed to drink some milk. Obviously I think it’s posturing as to not lose value in trade.
Lennyzinho
Junior
And1: 588

Post#995 » by Lennyzinho » Mon May 6, 2024 10:45 pm

twix2500 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

Read on Twitter

Viva Mexico guey!
AirP.
RealGM

Post#996 » by AirP. » Mon May 6, 2024 11:15 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:

Riley was pissed at the mention of Herro as a 6th man and said both he and Spo has never came to him about Herro not being a starter. He did say Herro needed to drink some milk. Obviously I think it’s posturing as to not lose value in trade.

Not only that, he mentioned UD saying that Herro needed to be a 6th man while he's employeed by the Heat.

Google transcript of what Riley said.
about what UD has said and he has to understand that you know he works for the heat you know
so and you know like go for it okay but he works for the
Heat and and I had the conversation with him because I think he's really good you
know on NBA TV or ESPN on the studio shows and I think he's he and funny he
and Mike Miller are funny as hell on his podcast they chop it up you know half the stories are a lie you know
especially the ones about me you know are embellished but yeah yeah he probably
should have kept that to himself.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#997 » by MettaWorldPanda » Mon May 6, 2024 11:18 pm

Herro won’t be a 6th man here. I think that ship has sailed. He’ll be traded before being a 6th man again. I think Schwartz knows it’s in the best interest of his clients Herro and Ingram to switch teams. Both oft injured players who can score 20ppg who need a change of scenery.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#998 » by AirP. » Mon May 6, 2024 11:25 pm

MettaWorldPanda wrote:Herro won’t be a 6th man here. I think that ship has sailed. He’ll be traded before being a 6th man again. I think Schwartz knows it’s in the best interest of his clients Herro and Ingram to switch teams.

He's paid too much to be a 6th man. I'm sure there's some teams out there who would like Herro to start for them because of who they currently having start or just need more 3pt shooting. It'll be easier to change Herro's game if he changes team's vs trying to change his game for the longterm while in Miami.
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,253

Post#999 » by MorbidHEAT » Mon May 6, 2024 11:25 pm

Jinsaryko wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh wow.

I didn’t see or read the whole press conference, but what I’ve read just seems contentious. It didn’t set my mind at ease that there isn’t tension behind the scenes. Probably some truth to Jimmy wanting out. Anybody that did a deeper dive, did you get the same impression?
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1000 » by twix2500 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:26 pm

Pat did say at the end its up to the coach to decide if Herro is a 6th man.

Return to Miami Heat