ImageImageImage

Game 5: Heat @ Celtics: Wed May 1st @ 7:30pm - The gravel pit game

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,713

Re: Game 5: Heat @ Celtics: Wed May 1st @ 7:30pm - The gravel pit game 

Post#621 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 2, 2024 2:30 am

Daffy wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
MettaWorldPanda wrote:100% locked on da Silva just for the possibility of running a big lineup of Bam Jovic da Silva Butler and Wright

I love Da Silva dude. The dreamers wont like him, but hey, we aint picking top 3. Hes a good get.

I think we need to just target the best pure scorer at #15.

Who ya got Daffy?
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 7,108

Post#622 » by carnageta » Thu May 2, 2024 2:32 am

Lots of doomsday posters in here. The truth is this is still a roster that can contend for a finals berth in the eastern conference - if healthy. I don't think we need to do anything too drastic this offseason. I.e. this roster could be much better positioned for a run if we were to simply exchange Tyler Herro for a guy like Jerami Grant. (Yes, Grant is in Portland and the Blazers would never trade him to us, but the point is that we don't necessarily need to acquire a star-level talent in return to become a much better team).

A core of Rozier, JJJ, Butler, Bam, Jovic + a Jerami Grant caliber wing alongside a solid bench unit would probably get you home court advantage in the east. And time and time again, Jimmy and Bam have shown that they have what it takes to win playoff games.

Again, we likely make at least the second round this season if not for the Butler injury (we would defeat Philly and then play NY - who we would beat IMO).
MorbidHEAT
Veteran
And1: 5,253

Post#623 » by MorbidHEAT » Thu May 2, 2024 2:32 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Daffy wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
I love Da Silva dude. The dreamers wont like him, but hey, we aint picking top 3. Hes a good get.

Who ya got Daffy?

Michael Beasley…supercoolBeas.
Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,824

Post#624 » by Daffy » Thu May 2, 2024 2:32 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Spo and Bam will be recruiting heavy this summer with team USA and outside of team USA we’ll be on Mitchell’s list at minimum. Pat better be locked in

Beal, Kyrie, Dame, Harden (before Brooklyn was okay with Miami, KD, Mitchell were all interested at some point in coming here.

I say this to say. It doesn't matter how much they recruit if our Front Offcie can't get **** done dawg. :banghead:
Daffy
Analyst

Post#625 » by Daffy » Thu May 2, 2024 2:34 am

DayofMourning wrote:
Daffy wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:

Who ya got Daffy?

To be honest I haven't locked in on prospects yet. I was focused on the NFL draft (Chargers fan. Still can't believe we passed on Malik Nabers) and the playoffs. But I'll start some film study and definitely get back to you.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,045

Post#626 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 2:35 am

Daffy wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:Spo and Bam will be recruiting heavy this summer with team USA and outside of team USA we’ll be on Mitchell’s list at minimum. Pat better be locked in

Beal, Kyrie, Dame, Harden (before Brooklyn was okay with Miami, KD, Mitchell were all interested at some point in coming here.

I say this to say. It doesn't matter how much they recruit if our Front Offcie can't get **** done dawg. :banghead:

I know and it’s unfortunate, it’s all on them
#FreeBam
carnageta
Veteran

Post#627 » by carnageta » Thu May 2, 2024 2:35 am

Daffy wrote:

It's not Spo or Riley. It's Micky.
Daffy
Analyst

Post#628 » by Daffy » Thu May 2, 2024 2:35 am

carnageta wrote:Lots of doomsday posters in here. The truth is this is still a roster that can contend for a finals berth in the eastern conference - if healthy. I don't think we need to do anything too drastic this offseason. I.e. this roster could be much better positioned for a run if we were to simply exchange Tyler Herro for a guy like Jerami Grant. (Yes, Grant is in Portland and the Blazers would never trade him to us, but the point is that we don't necessarily need to acquire a star-level talent in return to become a much better team).

A core of Rozier, JJJ, Butler, Bam, Jovic + a Jerami Grant caliber wing alongside a solid bench unit would probably get you home court advantage in the east. And time and time again, Jimmy and Bam have shown that they have what it takes to win playoff games.

Again, we likely make at least the second round this season if not for the Butler injury (we would defeat Philly and then play NY - who we would beat IMO).

The reason for a drastic change such as acquiring a star is because as time goes on Jimmy's light will start to dim more and more as a star.

We basically need the passing of the torch on the perimeter so to speak.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#629 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 2:35 am

carnageta wrote:Lots of doomsday posters in here. The truth is this is still a roster that can contend for a finals berth in the eastern conference - if healthy. I don't think we need to do anything too drastic this offseason. I.e. this roster could be much better positioned for a run if we were to simply exchange Tyler Herro for a guy like Jerami Grant. (Yes, Grant is in Portland and the Blazers would never trade him to us, but the point is that we don't necessarily need to acquire a star-level talent in return to become a much better team).

We’ve got to get Bam regular season help or it’s just going to be more of the same tbh
#FreeBam
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#630 » by Flash4thewin » Thu May 2, 2024 2:37 am

Enso wrote:Saw Goran on the OG's the other day, he said after his first year he got called in Pats office and Pat told him "We didn't pay you for that chit" lol

Pat has to have that convo with a few guys

Pat needs a convo with the person on the mirror. “We don’t pay you for that chit” cue the duration of Butlets tenure here. Man gladly spent 180 million on Lowry and Duncan and another 120 on Herro, then add Terry lol
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,467

Post#631 » by insfo » Thu May 2, 2024 2:38 am

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

We’ve got to get Bam regular season help or it’s just going to be more of the same tbh

Sorry, but Bam is the help. We don’t have the 1A and 1B players yet unfortunately. Jimmy was that the last couple of years, but not this year.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,405

Post#632 » by Heat3 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:39 am

There is no one to recruit on team USA. It’s either old veteran stars that we shouldn’t want or young super stars that are the faces of their teams and aren’t going anywhere. Plus Jrue Holiday.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

carnageta
Veteran

Post#633 » by carnageta » Thu May 2, 2024 2:39 am

Daffy wrote:

The reason for a drastic change such as acquiring a star is because as time goes on Jimmy's light will start to dim more and more as a star.

We basically need the passing of the torch on the perimeter so to speak.

I agree, but the truth is we're likely not getting a star level guy in return for Tyler Herro.+ change, and the fact is that the FO has missed out on countless moves over the past 4 years that would have greater improved our roster by not pulling the trigger on above average starters.

Jerami Grant, OG Anunoby, Tingus Pingus, Jrue Holiday etc. etc. would have all made this team a lot better positioned for a run.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,467

Post#634 » by insfo » Thu May 2, 2024 2:40 am

Fun fact: this is the first time in his NBA career that Niko is not going to be in the NBA finals!
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#635 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 2:45 am

Read on Twitter
#FreeBam
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,983

Post#636 » by IceColdCubano » Thu May 2, 2024 2:46 am

Were 1 year too late into making the drastic changes necessary. Were not in a good place to contend in trades, and we above the first Apron, were short on Picks, were stuck here like another poster mentioned, the 2007-2008 Season getting swept by Chicago us sucking massively for 3 years building up assets to get well again. Wade was 26 then, Bam is 26 now it makes absolute sense were this is headed.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#637 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Thu May 2, 2024 2:46 am

insfo wrote:Fun fact: this is the first time in his NBA career that Niko is not going to be in the NBA finals!

Another one, this is the first EC playoff series Kevin Love has ever lost :o
#FreeBam
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#638 » by Enso » Thu May 2, 2024 2:49 am

Flash4thewin wrote:
Enso wrote:Saw Goran on the OG's the other day, he said after his first year he got called in Pats office and Pat told him "We didn't pay you for that chit" lol

Pat has to have that convo with a few guys

Pat needs a convo with the person on the mirror. “We don’t pay you for that chit” cue the duration of Butlets tenure here. Man gladly spent 180 million on Lowry and Duncan and another 120 on Herro, then add Terry lol

That Lowry trade still bothers me. Shouldn't of gotten more than 15 mil a year, he took the bag and fleeced us.
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#639 » by Enso » Thu May 2, 2024 2:51 am

carnageta wrote:
Daffy wrote:

It's not Spo or Riley. It's Micky.

We should have gotten Kyrie but Micky didn't like the Vaccine and Jew talk from what I remember. There's also a lot of Jewish peeps in South Florida was bad timing and PR methinks.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,713

Post#640 » by DayofMourning » Thu May 2, 2024 2:52 am

56 to 29 on rebounds.

Return to Miami Heat