ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,228

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1821 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:10 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Barry saying Terry and Duncan have more value than Herro and that we need to get rid of Jimmy or Bam. Not buying it

I am, Ive been saying this for a while now. The uncomfortable truth because its not the direction or the comfortable direction we need to head to. Problem with Terry being more valuable than Herro, is well hes only 24M your not matching any All NBA player salary with that, Duncan is broken, so you can't attach him without losing more value, you would have to wait mid season for Duncan to regain some of that value back. So your only left with using both Terry/Herro Plus adding picks to this and young players for an all NBA talent, what happened to all the value we lost to get Terry that's getting tacked on as well, that's gone on the way side as well. Which is why the data on the table is you have Jimmy whom could fetch you some picks and filler salary for some contender and its what you reroute along with your picks to get that All NBA talent. Id keep the young player in Bam.

Nothing he said was incorrect, I think Barry is setting up the fanbase for what's coming.

Barry is stating player value and fit vs role. Right now a healthy Duncan & Rozier, can fall in a contender as a shooter taking a limited role coming off the bench, or 6th man or 4th, 5th scorer making X value warranted. Herro would be making X but is a very expensive 6th man or inefficient starter on bad young team where he could shoot to his hearts content that is also injury prone his entire career.

Read on Twitter

We shall see!
#FreeBam
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,465

Post#1822 » by El Alonzo scowl » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:12 pm

No to a rebuild but yes to a major reshuffle. Everyone should be on the table, no untouchables. We don't have picks but Jimmy, Bam, Herro, Jovic, Rozier, Jacquez all have value in the league and they don't fit together. Duncan is the only lemon we are stuck with cause of his injury. It's time to get a core that fits together.
IceColdCubano
General Manager
And1: 16,997

Post#1823 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:19 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:No to a rebuild but yes to a major reshuffle. Everyone should be on the table, no untouchables. We don't have picks but Jimmy, Bam, Herro, Jovic, Rozier, Jacquez all have value in the league and they don't fit together. Duncan is the only lemon we are stuck with cause of his injury. It's time to get a core that fits together.

Agreed, its time to do the shuffle dance.
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1824 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Enso
General Manager
And1: 23,993

Post#1825 » by Enso » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:23 pm

I could see butler on okc, doubt he gets traded though but who knows
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 25,178

Post#1826 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:36 pm

Enso wrote:I could see butler on okc, doubt he gets traded though but who knows
yes send him west its the most logical thing to do
Timantha
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,627

Post#1827 » by Timantha » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:56 pm

I don't understand the pessimism from Barry or 5Reasons/Ethan.. In my opinion, the team has enough assets to get a Donovan. They just have to be willing to spend it. Teams they listed (UTAH, OKC, PELICANS) are not going to bid or trade for Spida with a year remaining if he doesn't want to be there long term lol. Look at what Siakam did this past year basically
IceColdCubano
General Manager

Post#1828 » by IceColdCubano » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:07 pm

Timantha wrote:I don't understand the pessimism from Barry or 5Reasons/Ethan.. In my opinion, the team has enough assets to get a Donovan. They just have to be willing to spend it. Teams they listed (UTAH, OKC, PELICANS) are not going to bid or trade for Spida with a year remaining if he doesn't want to be there long term lol. Look at what Siakam did this past year basically

Teams are going to do soft inquiring's, and move on if he isn't all that interested in resigning, The key word here is Spida has to call the Heat name out either in public or in private to his org, but without that we will get outbid if Spida goes and puts a 3-5 team list out on his preference. Hed be like New York, Miami, OKC would be a hell of scenario for us pull out the winning bid.

Of course there's always that one chance a team that doesn't give a bleep like Toronto when they got Kawai Leonard won a chip he left them but they were ok with it because they got a championship out of it.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,535

Post#1829 » by twix2500 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:26 pm

Iv mentioned months ago this was a chip or breakup season. And Jimmy looming extension and his CHRONIC knee problem has to be addressed. This is not a trim around edges situation anymore. A title inspired team would be very interested in Butler. Lakers, Suns, Pelicans, Mavs and Houston may be interested. Teams that have a lead player that Butler can be a #2 guy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 80,942

Post#1830 » by DayofMourning » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:37 pm

twix2500 wrote:Iv mentioned months ago this was a chip or breakup season. And Jimmy looming extension and his CHRONIC knee problem has to be addressed. This is not a trim around edges situation anymore. A title inspired team would be very interested in Butler. Lakers, Suns, Pelicans, Mavs and Houston may be interested. Teams that have a lead player that Butler can be a #2 guy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is Butler the only one on the way out, or should everyone be on the table?
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#1831 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:37 pm

OKC going after Bam makes more sense.

Butler is a case where he means more to us that what he can fetch in a trade unfortunately. Who knew treating the regular season as a joke would negatively impact ones trade value :roll:
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1832 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:40 pm

IceColdCubano wrote:
Timantha wrote:I don't understand the pessimism from Barry or 5Reasons/Ethan.. In my opinion, the team has enough assets to get a Donovan. They just have to be willing to spend it. Teams they listed (UTAH, OKC, PELICANS) are not going to bid or trade for Spida with a year remaining if he doesn't want to be there long term lol. Look at what Siakam did this past year basically

Teams are going to do soft inquiring's, and move on if he isn't all that interested in resigning, The key word here is Spida has to call the Heat name out either in public or in private to his org, but without that we will get outbid if Spida goes and puts a 3-5 team list out on his preference. Hed be like New York, Miami, OKC would be a hell of scenario for us pull out the winning bid.

Of course there's always that one chance a team that doesn't give a bleep like Toronto when they got Kawai Leonard won a chip he left them but they were ok with it because they got a championship out of it.

Keep it in house, no need to make it public and just be professional about it. They’ll work it out if that’s what he wants as long as we’re not being ridiculous with our offer. Koby and Andy get along well, keep the old stubborn bastards out of it
#FreeBam
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1833 » by DayofMourning » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:40 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:

Butler is a case where he means more to us that what he can fetch in a trade unfortunately. Who knew treating the regular season as a joke would negatively impact ones trade value :roll:

I could really see OKC pushing for Bam. That might ensure theyre the best team every year for the next 5 or so. We could acquire all their assets and rebuild before we start owing picks.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1834 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:42 pm

This. Mitchell’s value isn’t insane, he’s basically a free agent but things do need to break our way. We need him to want us and I think there’s a good chance he will. There are other elite players with depressed value out there as well.

Ethan can’t make up his mind; yesterday “5” was untouchable now today everyone is available and we need to clean house. They’re just talking to talk
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1835 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:43 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

I could really see OKC pushing for Bam. That might ensure theyre the best team every year for the next 5 or so. We could acquire all their assets and rebuild before we start owing picks.

I’d get a good laugh at it that’s for sure, point would finally be proven
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1836 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:45 pm

I’ll say this though, I want to keep Jimmy here until he retires but if the reports are serious that he wants a $70M per year extension this summer then he can get the fuxk out. His play and availability over the course of the season to come near to warranting that contract, the only time you can justify it is if he’s going crazy in the playoffs but by next season it’ll be 2 years since his last playoff game and who knows if he will still have that switch
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,931

Post#1837 » by marson » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:47 pm

Biggest question in the offseason is will 3ammy still be Heat fan if our boy Bam gets traded to OKC for boatloads of picks
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1838 » by DayofMourning » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:49 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:

I’d get a good laugh at it that’s for sure, point would finally be proven

Itd be tough to part with Bam but unless you have a superstar offensive option, then its a bit of a treadmill. Butlers days as that are done.

Next years draft has roughly 3 guys who might be able to lead a team. Having a chance at getting one of them and establishing long term success makes sense.

I know you love Bam, Im just being pragmatic.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#1839 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:58 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
IceColdCubano wrote:

Keep it in house, no need to make it public and just be professional about it. They’ll work it out if that’s what he wants as long as we’re not being ridiculous with our offer. Koby and Andy get along well, keep the old stubborn bastards out of it

The problem is first we dont have the cap space to sign so unless anyone really believes he will sign for the MLE any bluffs of only Heat will fall to either deaf ears or laughter. The second issue is that he does like the NY market and both teams can make a good play for him and they have assists. Finally the problem here is that the Cavs ownership has no inclination to trade him here within conference to a rival. They already traded us Lebron, from an ego standpoint the ownership is more likely to trade him to the Lakers to do Lebron a favor before they even seriously consider trading him here unfortunately.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 72,361

Post#1840 » by Wiltside » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:00 pm

If OKC landed Bam, they'd be dominating for the next 5 years. Bam and Chet? Sheesh. With SGA? Ooft.

No way it happens though. Riley is not dealing Bam, no chance.

Only way I think we'd entertain it is something like Jalen Williams, Cason Wallace and a buttload of FRP's.

I also doubt he'd deal Jimmy. I think the more likely scenario is Herro is shopped to see what he can get, and possibly we revisit the Dame conversation with Milwaukee given their first round exit.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com

Return to Miami Heat