ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,417

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season Thread 6.0 -Everything's Gonna Be All Wright 

Post#1901 » by MHeat0279 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:18 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Those are career stats lmao

The guy is a generational talent, do you really need stats to see that? If not for injuries he is right up there with the Joker. You are going crazy Bammy, now i know you are going crazy.

He is a generational CHOKE ARTIST!!!! He’s a great regular season player, when the playoffs get here he folds like a long chair. He’s lucky he got bailed out last night. Every single year in the playoffs he chokes in the biggest games and in the biggest moments, it never fails. To top it off he’s always hurt. There no inbetween

Now you are hating man, come on just admit it Embiid is the epitome of what you want Bam to be. Nothing wrong with it
He is just that good, after shaq and now the joker he is the most dominant center i have seen play the game, again if not for injuries he would be wrecking the league and would love to see a matchup between Embiid and Jokic
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,417

Post#1902 » by MHeat0279 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:20 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Stop the hate, it will poison and cloud your judgement

Not hating, actually I am in favor of getting a bunch of draft picks for Bam if OKC wants him, we could rebuild and Bam will be in an excellent position to win a championship. You see I love Bam almost as much as you do :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’d like to see it happen just to clown you all when it doesn’t pan out while you’re watching him win championships :lol:

You would not be clowning me because i would be extremely happy if Bam can win one, him and Jimmy actually deserve one for all the hard work they have put into the game, I just dont see it happening here in Miami, not with Spoelstra, not with Riley and not with the way our team is built.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM
And1: 36,023

Post#1903 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 2:25 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
The guy is a generational talent, do you really need stats to see that? If not for injuries he is right up there with the Joker. You are going crazy Bammy, now i know you are going crazy.

He is a generational CHOKE ARTIST!!!! He’s a great regular season player, when the playoffs get here he folds like a long chair. He’s lucky he got bailed out last night. Every single year in the playoffs he chokes in the biggest games and in the biggest moments, it never fails. To top it off he’s always hurt. There no inbetween

Now you are hating man, come on just admit it Embiid is the epitome of what you want Bam to be. Nothing wrong with it
He is just that good, after shaq and now the joker he is the most dominant center i have seen play the game, again if not for injuries he would be wrecking the league and would love to see a matchup between Embiid and Jokic

He’s one of the most dominant UNTIL the playoffs. The list you just quoted of mine was nothing but pure facts. It is a fact that every time the playoffs get here he chokes and he’s injured.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1904 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 2:26 pm

MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
Not hating, actually I am in favor of getting a bunch of draft picks for Bam if OKC wants him, we could rebuild and Bam will be in an excellent position to win a championship. You see I love Bam almost as much as you do :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’d like to see it happen just to clown you all when it doesn’t pan out while you’re watching him win championships :lol:

You would not be clowning me because i would be extremely happy if Bam can win one, him and Jimmy actually deserve one for all the hard work they have put into the game, I just dont see it happening here in Miami, not with Spoelstra, not with Riley and not with the way our team is built.

Stay tuned
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,860

Post#1905 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 2:27 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Those are career stats lmao

I'm genuinely curious if Butler had joined Philly after 2019 and if Kawhi's buzzer-beater hadn't occurred. We might have seen multiple Finals appearances for Butler and Embiid duo, assuming no injuries. Also, Bam's development might have taken a different trajectory. He's fortunate to have had Butler's influence for five years of his career.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1906 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 2:29 pm

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
MHeat0279 wrote:

I'm genuinely curious if Butler had joined Philly after 2019 and if Kawhi's buzzer-beater hadn't occurred. We might have seen multiple Finals appearances for Butler and Embiid duo, assuming no injuries. Also, Bam's development might have taken a different trajectory. He's fortunate to have had Butler's influence for five years of his career.

As long as the warriors still sustained the same injuries they very well could have won that year.

You think Bam would be a worse player had we not gotten Jimmy?
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#1907 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 2:32 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

As long as the warriors still sustained the same injuries they very well could have won that year.

I'm not implying that Bam would be worse off, but it underscores how luck can significantly impact a player's resume and perception. With Butler, Embiid, and let's say Maxey on the team, it would be incredibly surprising if they didn't secure at least one championship.
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#1908 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 2:37 pm

One thing is for sure though Bam durability >>>>>> Embiid's durability
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1909 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 2:49 pm

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
marson wrote:

I'm not implying that Bam would be worse off, but it underscores how luck can significantly impact a player's resume and perception. With Butler, Embiid, and let's say Maxey on the team, it would be incredibly surprising if they didn't secure at least one championship.

They more than likely wouldn’t have been in position to draft Maxey but they could have, you never know. Could definitely see them beating the 21 Bucks team and 22 Warriors. Idk about the Nuggets. Also gotta factor in Embiid is likely playing on half a leg by the time he makes it to the finals too.

In terms of winning and stuff you are likely right on Butler and his impact on Bam but we’ll never know. Maybe they have similar success with another star that plays and fits better with Bam and had we drafted Maxey.

Your comment made me curious on Bam from a numbers standpoints next to Jimmy and without Jimmy over the years.

2020:

With - 15.5-10-5-1-1 56% shooting on 11 shots.
Without - 17-9-6.5-1-2 58% shooting on 11 shots

2021:

With - 18.5-9-5-1-1 58% shooting on 12 shots
Without - 19.5-9-6.5-1-1 54% shooting on 13 shots

2022:

With - 19-10-3-1.5-1 55% shooting on 13 shots
Without - 20-9-4-1.5-1 61% shooting on 13 shots

2023:

With - 20-9-3-1.5-1 54% shooting on 15 shots
Without - 22.5-10.5-3.5-1-1 54% shooting on 16 shots

2024:

With - 18-10-3.5-1-1 52% shooting on 14 shots
Without - 22-11.5-5-1-1 53% shooting on 16 shots

Having never really been the greatest fit but they’re both dogs when it matters most and have elite impact on the game so we almost always find a way
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#1910 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 2:56 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

They more than likely wouldn’t have been in position to draft Maxey but they could have, you never know. Could definitely see them beating the 21 Bucks team and 22 Warriors. Idk about the Nuggets. Also gotta factor in Embiid is likely playing on half a leg by the time he makes it to the finals too.

In terms of winning and stuff you are likely right on Butler and his impact on Bam but we’ll never know. Maybe they have similar success with another star that plays and fits better with Bam and had we drafted Maxey.

Your comment made me curious on Bam from a numbers standpoints next to Jimmy and without Jimmy over the years.

2020:

2021:

2022:

2023:

2024:

Having never really been the greatest fit but they’re both dogs when it matters most and have elite impact on the game so we almost always find a way

It's expected that his statistics would increase when he's given more opportunities to play, potentially inflating his numbers, especially if our team is stuck in a cycle of mediocrity without Butler leading the Heat in the last five years.

On the flip side, if Philadelphia had better luck with injuries, they might have secured two championship rings by now with Jimmy and Embiid leading the team and the perception would be quite different from both players.
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#1911 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 3:07 pm

In hindsight, Philadelphia effed up in parting ways with Butler, potentially costing them at least one championship.

Although we successfully capitalized on Butler's prime, our front office failed to assemble the fit supporting cast around him, especially following the Finals loss in 2020. Pat the rat and his management during the Butler era is his worst in terms of managing assets.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1912 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 3:07 pm

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
marson wrote:

2020:

2021:

2022:

2023:

2024:

It's expected that his statistics would increase when he's given more opportunities to play, potentially inflating his numbers, especially if our team is stuck in a cycle of mediocrity without Butler leading the Heat in the last five years.

On the flip side, if Philadelphia had better luck with injuries, they might have secured two championship rings by now with Jimmy and Embiid leading the team and the perception would be quite different from both players.

With $100M this season is sitting on the bench we’re definitely more likely to lose than had they all been playing that’s for sure.

Odds would say Embiid is cooked by the time they get to the finals more times than not and even when they get there he is likely choking on top of it. That’s who he’s always been
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1913 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 3:08 pm

marson wrote:In hindsight, Philadelphia effed up in parting ways with Butler, potentially costing them at least one championship.

Although we successfully capitalized on Butler's prime, our front office failed to assemble the fit supporting cast around him, especially following the Finals loss in 2020. Pat the rat and his management during the Butler era is his worst in terms of managing assets.

Not going all in to win a championship with this build that has been so close over the last 5 years is definitely one of the more baffling things I’ve seen with the Heat. We missed a golden opportunity
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1914 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 3:11 pm

Was mainly just posting those numbers from a perception standpoint. Had we never got Jimmy or any other all star our regular seasons probably look a lot like the last 2 seasons but Bam is probably a better scorer and putting up somewhere along the lines of 24-11-5 then he’d have a different view, everyone would be saying to get him out of Miami and on a contender, Heat fans in particular would like him a lot more because they’re enamored with PPG
#FreeBam
marson
Assistant Coach

Post#1915 » by marson » Wed May 1, 2024 3:16 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
marson wrote:In hindsight, Philadelphia effed up in parting ways with Butler, potentially costing them at least one championship.

Not going all in to win a championship with this build that has been so close over the last 5 years is definitely one of the more baffling things I’ve seen with the Heat. We missed a golden opportunity

I believe Pat the rat and Mickey didn't anticipate the Finals appearance in 2020 and last year, as we surpassed expectations significantly. Mickey and Pat may have underestimated the team's core, which is why they weren't fully committed. It's unfortunate that Jimmy proved to be a game-changer twice, and Spo is a world class coach if given a good roster.
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1916 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 3:28 pm

marson wrote:
3ammy3uck3ts wrote:

I believe Pat the rat and Mickey didn't anticipate the Finals appearance in 2020 and last year, as we surpassed expectations significantly. Mickey and Pat may have underestimated the team's core, which is why they weren't fully committed. It's unfortunate that Jimmy proved to be a game-changer twice, and Spo is a world class coach if given a good roster.

Right but when you make it to the finals twice and our 1 shot from 3 finals in 4 years, 1 time as the 1st seed that should be a massive eye opener and tell you to go all in imo.
#FreeBam
3ammy3uck3ts
RealGM

Post#1917 » by 3ammy3uck3ts » Wed May 1, 2024 3:32 pm

Read on Twitter

They don’t want Mitchell, they’re going after Booker. We’re getting Mitchell AND KD
#FreeBam
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,027

Post#1918 » by greg4012 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:36 pm

There’s a root cause—they allowed a disease to manifest and infect the organization. That disease was Ben Simmons. Catering everything to his demands has cost Philly A LOT
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,476

Post#1919 » by gom » Wed May 1, 2024 3:37 pm

Does anyone still think it was a great idea to trade Lowry & our pick for Rozier?
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,027

Post#1920 » by greg4012 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:39 pm

3ammy3uck3ts wrote:
Read on Twitter

They don’t want Mitchell, they’re going after Booker. We’re getting Mitchell AND KD

Way better fit for them than Mitchell. But also f**k em

Return to Miami Heat